TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 15, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway Season 14: Archive through August 15, 2015 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Wouldn't they need to buy matching thread at Mood? I know they didn't go to Mood for this comp but hard to believe they'd have to have all possible colors of thread in their kit.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
When they first entered the workroom the cameras panned to several baskets heaped with thread of all colors. I'm thinking that all their thread and finishes were supplied for them...

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Sally Beauty is a beauty supply house.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thanks Cass cat, this is the first time I wondered about the thread, because I knew they normally would get that stuff at mood, but since they didn't go there, it just struck me.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 8:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Leaving your kit/tools behind boggles my mind. Anyone who uses and sort of tools for their livelihood becomes very attached to them. I will never get that.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I wish the judges gave the designers a first week/challenge pass. Let them create their design, get the feedback, crown a winner for the week but when they announce the loser... say they are giving the designers a pass on week 1.. the competition starts with week 2. They could easily make up the extra designer by having a double cut episode later in the season.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 9:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Sally's Beauty has fantastic make-up. It's not a big makeup section (depending on the size of the store), but the makeup they do carry is awesome at a great price.

I feel better about myself using makeup from Sally's now that it is the official makeup of PR.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
MaryKay is the make up sponsor, Sally's Beauty is the hair, at least I think that is they way it is sorted out.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 6:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I also shop at Sally's Beauty Supply Stores. They do supply for independent Beauticians (they have lots of resources, and Sally's is one) I also can shop there without a Beautician's license... I feel (or maybe I believe the hype! *g) they have good quality hair care products (including hair extensions, and those hair color stripes) and I buy my hair dye products there - I buy 1 bottle, a bag of gloves, and a bottle of developer, then my hair color - it cost me under $10 to dye my hair - I love it!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 3:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
You're right Dipo, Mary Kay is the makeup sponsor, but I still feel good about myself.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, August 11, 2015 - 11:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
We have (or had.. not sure) a Sally a couple of blocks from me here.. I only went in once when my hairdresser had mentioned that her smaller clips that she uses a lot had sort of "disappeared" (been borrowed and not returned) so I went into Sally and was unable to 'splain to them but looked around and found them.. bought up a good number of them and Peggy was surprised and pleased when I brought them in. Not expensive but just what she needed and would have bought herself.

They did seem to have a bunch of inventory and open to the public but used by professionals as well.

I didn't even notice the mention on Project Runway.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I cry FOUL FOUL FOUL. Tonight was the "unconventional" challenge and while I do think David should have gone because he didn't follow the rules, neither did Blake.

Two thirds of Blake's piece was fabric that was painted and covered in glitter. When Zac pointed out that Blake had also used fabric, Tim quickly covered it up by saying his fabric was in the cards. No Tim - the fabric in the cards were small square pieces. What you see on the floor when Blake is painting and glittering is a large piece of muslin. Very disappointed in Tim Gunn. Wonder who Blake is 'charming' behind the scenes.

While I'm not that fond yet of Amanda's style, at least her struggle came with actually following the rules. Imagine the skirt she could have made with fabric. Too bad she didn't go over and stare at Blake as he worked to get that idea.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 8:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Did the glitter on the fabric come from the cards?
But yes,I did think he used less of the cards, there were some that followed
I am so pisssed I forgot they messed with the times and I missed part of Alone. may boycott this show unless they get back to regular times.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 9:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LMAO, manatee penis.....hahahahahahaha

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
WOW!! Thank you Jimmer, fabulous banner!!!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Great job Jimmer!!!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 13, 2015 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
GREAT BANNER ~ Thank you Jimmer!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree regarding Blake. I can't believe he got a pass and others were called out.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, August 14, 2015 - 1:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
You're welcome! :-)

Kc103

07-13-2004

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kc103 a private message Print Post    
Thank you for the banner. It always helps me remember the contestants better....and it looks great too!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I am not sure but I think the guy gone used no card stock at all, and Blake used the cards at the waist and to line the muslin on the inside. I am not sure, but where did he get the sparkly stuff, from the vards or not? So he did not use every square inch, he did most of it.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 12:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Sadiesmom, I thought he got the sparkles off the cards.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so, then most of his dress was covered with cards or card stuff.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think the guy that went home definitely deserved it...I just didn't think that Blake deserved to be in the top 3.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Saturday, August 15, 2015 - 10:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
In the future, it would help me in updating the banner if someone could actually say who has been eliminated. Thanks. :-)