TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 22, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Marriage Boot Camp; Reality Stars: Archive through June 22, 2015 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I do remember Tami from RW 2 (LA) but didn't have any idea she was on this show.

Well Tami wasn't mixed up, he persisted in dragging the covers off her when she said NO and wasn't dressed under them and there were cameras that recorded it.. then the housemate that was a cop got involved and he was ousted.

Of course in recent RW seasons this would be considered mild and they all seem to come on the some to see who can be the most outrageous (not all but most). But at that time RW was much different.

Yeah, clearly I have Kendras completely confused in my mind and this one I've never seen or heard of before. My reality education is sorely lacking (uh, which is ok with me.. I certainly have more celebrity or reality knowledge than I should be proud of! ).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
weird show, I first saw like 3 episodes at one time, and now on demand is down to only one show the first one. Off the air or just not on demand anymore?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Not sure if I set this up to record, or it just didn't or what.. Not my top concern, though I might watch another episode for Jeff and Jordan.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I actually like Kendra Wilkinson. She has had a hard life and is very mistrustful of men and Hank has not helped with his recent actions (although I think there is a lot of drama that is being created for the sake of their show, Kendra on Top). I am rooting for them to make it - and they have two little beautiful children who need both of them. Her mom is a nasty piece of work.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Pretty much agree with you there, Roxip. Kendra has had a hard life. Her father abandoned her when she was 5, but I think her mother had a lot to do with that. She reconnected with her dad on the last season of Kendra on Top, and he said he always wanted to see her but her mom made it hard. Even now when she's an adult, her mother went onto social media (Facebook and Twitter) and accused her own daughter (Kendra) of stabbing her in the back by establishing a relationship with her own father. Patty is a very sick, selfish woman.

I think a big part of the problem with Hank and Kendra is that he spent so much time trying to be perfect for her. He basically does everything for her. But then when he makes a mistake (I'm still not quite sure exactly what happened), he's afraid to talk to her about it because she screams at him. She's pretty controlling. As much as I like Kendra, she learned some really bad relationship habits from her mother. I hope this show actually helps them.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Just finished watching this week's show. Lots of drama. I'm not a fan of Tami. I felt she was digging around for information on Hank and Kendra for her own entertainment, not as any kind of "therapy." She has a mean streak.

Then I started to watch the narrated show with Tami, Aubrey and Mike (the Situation). I just didn't like the way they were giggling about Kendra. She was experiencing some pretty traumatic pain, and they were giggling about it. Very immature and lacking in any sort of human compassion. I just couldn't watch it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 5:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Babyjax, I agree. I understand the therapeutic process in group therapy is that you have to share. However, you shouldn't be forced to share if you are not yet ready.

Not liking Tami either. I wouldn't feel safe confiding in or opening up to her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I watched several shows and think I'm caught up. I had actually seen maybe the second show because one of these was clearly the first show.

And whoa Tami and, well all the women except Kendra and Jordan seemed hell bent from the get go (lol that isn't a phrase I use often) to force Kendra into talking about what she didn't want to talk about.

Sign me on to the NOT a fan of Tami train.. wow.. And I watched the one show that had Tami and Situation and one of the other women commenting and I kind of wanted to put a gag on Tami at times. She was so proud of her demeanor shown on the show..

And I was proud of Jordan for not joining in on the pig pile of other women just DYING to make Kendra feel worse.

Agree you shouldn't be forced to share and also at the time all the women ran gleefully in to inform Kendra of what the internet was saying, they weren't in a formal group AND the therapist had agreed to be a go-between.
Very uncomfortable.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Tami was very disrespectful. Aubrey is so two faced and phony! I love how Kendra said 'I AM the type of beyatchh' LOL love her spunk and that she didnt let Tami get away with the shit she was trying to pull.

I love Jordan and how she said its not my business...I also loved when she said I kept my mouth shuut and Jeff said mine was wide open LOL! love them

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I know I shouldn't be, but I am always surprised at how little Jordan knows. I was embarrassed for her and actually felt bad that she was thinking Jeff's religion wasn't a Christian religion.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I want to clarify that above I said I felt bad for Jordan because maybe this was something she struggling with inside, thinking Jeff wasn't wasn't Christian.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I think she meant she doesnt do all the things Catholics do. I was thinking she is protestant, which is different even tho they are both christian

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was thinking she has no idea what she is, except that she knew she was Christian. And that she has no idea what Catholic is. I think that's the most likely explanation after observing her for these few years.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 10:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
For those not completely acquainted with Jordan, she was never very bright.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwJqyjBsLGQ

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately there are some fundamentalist Christians who don't believe Catholics are actually Christian. Even though they both believe in Christ, there are some fundamentalists who are suspicious of the Catholic rituals. I was wondering if that was what Jordan had been taught.

I never watched the season that Jeff and Jordan were on BB, but I saw them on TAR. I did like the way Jordan respected Kendra's privacy and wasn't in there with the other vultures trying to dig up the dirt. Loved the way Kendra stood up to Tami. Kendra is one tough cookie and not afraid of anyone.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, June 20, 2015 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Please believe me. If it takes some deep thought, Jordan wasn't thinking it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 10:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Well, she may not be that savvy about some things, but she was right about how to deal with the Kendra situation and not getting in her face like the others.

So, there's a side to her that is very wise.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
perhaps she was just raised to b e polite.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 11:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Either way, it's more admirable than how the others behaved.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 1:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I suspect that Jordan is coming from teachings that certainly were prevalent in the 50s about Catholicism.. protestants at that time were closer to the reasons they broke off from Catholicism (and the Anglican break off as well).

Remember there were people who were terrified that we had a CATHIOLIC PRESIDENT!! (Kennedy) and feared the Vatican would be in charge.

When I was in school, the Catholic kids attended Kindergarten with us at public schools (if they went to K.. it wasn't required but all kids I knew did go) and then after that they went to Catholic schools. So there was a divide in upbringing and a Catholic kid wouldn't have gone with us into a protestant church of any denomination.. and I doubt if any of us would have ever walked into a catholic church. Our family was Methodist and attended there but the Lutheran church at the end of the block had Vacation Bible School and kids from various denominations attended that, also kids across the street were Baptist and we all went to some of their kids' activities. Another family was Russian Orthodox.. mom was Russian, Dad was Lebanese, but he was the choir director there.

So Jordan's views may just be hangers on from that legacy of fear and so it would be a bigger deal if she was to raise her kids Catholic or convert and hard to say if Jeff is dead set on that or not.

In my family, or my ex husband's, his brother died at age 28 and his young widow, with three kids, eventually fell for the guy next door, converted to Catholicism and they got married and had two more kids in due time. My mother in law was horrified and refused to even attend the service! My husband and I not only attended, but he walked the bride down the aisle.

===========

As for Jordan not going with the other women, sure, she may been shy in this group but we've seen on BB she wasn't always shy in an argument.. remember the chest butting with one of the guys trying to bully her..

And no matter the reasons, she made a very basic good decision, IMO. She and Jeff clearly didn't come into this show with the agenda of being outrageous to support an outrageous based reality show as apparently several of these couples did. I've never watched a Kendra show or Football? Wives with Tami.. hadn't seen or heard of he since Real World 2 in LA, long long ago and Ai'm sure NOT impressed with her obvious glee in wanting to stir the pot and make Kendra or others uncomfortable. And the other women seemed to come in with a similar intent and mission.

And they can't fool me by invoking the group therapy process. This isn't typical group therapy (uh.. cameras for one thing, editing, drama, shocking previews.. drama) and Ms Tami seems pretty disingenuous to me. I hardly believe she suddenly went from "been there, done that, no mo children for me" to "well I can see I might need to compromise".. which is really not a great reason to have a kid if you ARE reluctant. IMO.

I agree, Kar, there is a simple wisdom there that is very grounded in Jordan. She didn't jump into group think and go with the crowd. Polite too and nothing wrong with that.

I do see her own issues influencing the decision but in this case it was a good thing.

I don't think apparent "intelligence" really has much to do with good heart. Sometimes people with challenges, like Down syndrome (NOT saying this is Jordan at all) can cut right to a point of right and wrong, good and bad.

Now I'd just tell Jordan to ditch all those chunky necklaces.. a little too much like Farrah on Teen Mom OG but without flaunting cleavage.. But not a huge deal.. just her latest fashion thing, I guess.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 6:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
I think the judge needs to google "are catholics Christian" and educate herself a bit about it. They are _not_ the same and there certainly are things that Jeff and Jordan would need to work out, but honestly unless either one of them is an avid church goer, they can probably work through it fairly easily.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Catholics are Christians. Christianity is a faith that follows Christ and believes Christ is the Savior.

Are there differences between Christian denominations? Yes. But Catholicism is definitely a Christian denomination.

In fact, almost all of the other Christian denominations are the off spring of Catholicism, which was the first formal Christian denomination. It was during the reformation that other denominations formed, and they broke from Catholicism mostly over its elitism (only priests could read and interpret the Bible) Even though some of them like to claim Catholics aren't Christian, it's their own perverse elitism. And one of the many things that's wrong with Christianity today.

There are differences between many Christian denominations, no reason to hold out Catholicism in a unique way. We have everything from Bible-believing orthodoxy to Catholicism to the United Church of Christ to Episcopalians to Methodists to Lutherans... and they all their own spin on Christianity.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 7:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
IN a funny way thinking that Catholics are not Christians is kind of how hate starts - misinformation.
The KKK thought Catholics were the devil. They were active in south Jersey, where a friend of mine grew up methodist and was taught in church that she should avoid those evil Catholics, they had cloven feet, It took her years of thinking about how they wore shoes to realize they were speaking metaphorically.
I always thought Methodist was a moderate religion because it was where I grew up. It must have been a special sect of Methodist. reminded me of some Southern Baptists.

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Sunday, June 21, 2015 - 11:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
The prejudice goes both ways for sure. Some Catholics view Christians as being far inferior in the religious department. I didn't like the attitude of the judge, making it sseem like Jordan was an idiot when her church and community likely taught her that Catholics are not the same as Christians.

When my mom was little the nuns told them to cross the street and not walk near the Jewish school. They thought they had horns under their yamakas. Horrible stuff!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, June 22, 2015 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, if you want to look at prejudice and Catholics, just start with the crusades and the inquisition. I never meant to imply one was better than the other, just that there are some strange beliefs in different churches even is what we think of as a moderate religion. Probably the widest range I have seen is the Church of Christ - from gay marriages and guitar services in NYC to shunning in the west. I worked for them for a year and had some very interesting conversations with the different ministers (I automated their pension plan and any time a check was a penny off from what they thought it should be I heard from them). It seemed like the religion was divided into different sects.