TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 29, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through July 29, 2015 users admin

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, and especially with this one being so well done. I guess she needs to show she's versatile and will work with what the producer wants, not just with what she's good at.

I wonder if they'd warned her before (in something that didn't air) so were annoyed that she hadn't listened. It came out of the blue to me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 6:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think it was actually that she didn't "own" the character and didn't give a good showing of representing herself. I thought about it this morning though, and the fact is that she is very young and probably doesn't have a clue who she is - who does at 17/18? These people are not actors - they choose to be behind the scenes, so this challenge was difficult from that aspect.

At the end though she didn't go anywhere and will produce another stunning makeup in the next show undoubtedly. The two who were in top looks were both great and deserved to be there. I was leaning more towards Adam's makeup simply because it did make me laugh but was glad Logan (who I would have never picked to be such a strong contender at the first of the season) won. Those were really cool wings.

Although I thought Stephanie was the right choice to leave I will have to say that her black and white was really cool - looking at her was almost startling because of the lack of color (probably not saying that right)...it was like she stepped out of a black and white television into real life.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The superhero of Pleasantville!

I really like Emily's work. I thought she was probably bottom because they felt it didn't fit the theme. I didnt think the other woman's did, I forget her name, the gold one. I'm not sure what the backstory was. I did love Logan and Adams looks. But I was surprised when Glen said Logan's was something they've never seen. When I looked at it I thought, that a Ninja turtle and arrow had a baby.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 18, 2015 - 8:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
"a Ninja turtle and arrow had a baby"

I said exactly the same thing to my hubby! (Well, not exactly, I said it was "a cross between a Mutant Ninja Turtle and Arrow!")

Spoton

09-16-2005

Thursday, March 19, 2015 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
I had to laugh when the judges called Emily ' s work a topiary, and a green Marge Simpson.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
At this point in the competition it is HARD to see someone go - there are no bad makeups. I was kind of hoping for Logan to leave just because I thought the other guy (Adam?) was more interesting, plus Laura's team now has 3 remaining members and Rayce only has 1.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 8:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thought Julian should have left. Thru the TV it was hard to see anything on his dummy, which didn't look like a dummy. I think he should have gone with a fake wood look. In the end I think you could make it even more frightening because it's not real. If you get what I mean! Lol. I had to laugh at at Adam and the baby arm. I do like how he thinks and felt he was a cut above Julian overall.

The winning one was so freaky good. Actually it kind of reminded me of Daisy the kitchen maid on Downton Abbey.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 8:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Plus Emily's was wonderful. I totally got what the guest judge said when he said he felt sorry for it. She is a very talented young woman.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Oh darn it - it was Julian I thought should leave (not Logan who is the tall guy, right?).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 11:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Julian's was not good, but Adam's was way off topic - He seemed to know it but wanted to do it rather than rethink it. He is already a professional and I think they want o show particular ideas rather than just do the set tasks. Kind of like a video resume.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree with everything you said.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Good finale, it's nice when there aren't any disasters and even better when everyone looks phenomenal.

Great choice of winner, although the emphasis on the coach as "the first two time winner" seemed a bit overly generous as they didn't really do that much.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't get to watch last night so I'm looking forward to a great night of television tonight!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 9:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Kitt - exactly what I thought. And Laura going on a bit about it was odd. She should have just stuck to being proud of mentoring the two to the finale and the win.

It was a pretty hard choice I thought between Emily and Darla, imo Logan was third place.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 6:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wondered if they'd made her comment on herself rather than the team, it seemed a little false, what she said. Like when filming they'd kept saying "have another go" until she said what they wanted.

I picked Darla for winner week two or three, I think overall she's been the standout. Emily did really well these last few weeks, but I don't remember her shining early on.

In all I don't think the mentor thing added anything to the show, so hopefully they won't do that again!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
between the show Unreal and the fake drama on dance moms, it gets me to search for scandal in each show - found it for Face off, read only if you don't want to get discouraged, if you accept certain things about reality shows, well, then OK.
Frankenfake Exposes Syfy Network Face Off

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
that guy was a whack job if I remember correctly

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Not going to pay to watch their "documentary".

Jambee

05-24-2010

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jambee a private message Print Post    
New season starts next Tuesday, July 28th.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Saturday, July 25, 2015 - 12:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Haven't watched the video but that guy was eliminated in week one (or rather he had a strop after hearing some criticism and walked out) so I don't know how he can comment reliably on the show.

The clips from this new season look good. Looking forward to it!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Bumping for tonight!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, July 28, 2015 - 9:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They all seem really talented again! I was glad that XXXXX went home!

Is something looking weird with Glenn Hetrick. Of course I mean more weird than normal. It might be the hair? He looked very... fuzzy.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 4:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
haha Kitt, Glenn's hair does look different!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 6:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Spoiler....yes, I know it is perfectly okay to post it since the show has aired but why ruin it for anyone else?

I had to think really hard to remember that nobody went home! I'm glad though - I have always thought that the first week was too soon to eliminate someone. Of course that probably means they will have a double elimination at some point in the future.

It always amazes me how creative these people are. Where do they come up with this stuff?

Quite honestly the large woman with the red hair and the stupid hat could go early as far as I am concerned. She is rather annoying and is going to have to be a lot more talented to overcome my annoyance with her hat and her mannerisms.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought the judges' top and bottom choices were a bit off. The one with two heads was a poor design choice but the make up/sculpts on both were very well done. Although the concept was better with the elephant one, it looked like a pantomime horse from the side, and it was really only the head sculpt that was so good, and the little horn slightly lower down. And although the clam one was ridiculous it was quite good at what it was... if you wanted spongebob!