TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 09, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: Project Runway Season 14: Archive through August 09, 2015 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, July 17, 2015 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
HEADS UP! New season with Heidi, Nina, Zac and Tim starts on August 6th!

From what I can tell, all are newbies to the show. On the Lifetime website, you can find a brief interview of each contestant along with videos of where they live and of their closets. Interesting but I'd rather see a portfolio.

http://www.mylifetime.com/shows/project-runway

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 10:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Thanks I was wondering when the new season will start!

Marameko

07-14-2002

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
It's almost time for Heidi and Tim... August 6 !

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wahoooo!!!

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Just programmed it in. Seems like forever since we saw these two! Looking forward to a good season!!!!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, August 02, 2015 - 4:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Cool I'll get my Heidi and Tim fix.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Bumping up for tonight. There's a special "Road to the Runway" on before the first episode tonight. I've missed this show and am so glad a new season is starting!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
so FAR IT IS ok, confused about the "kits" I don't remember that being an issue any tme in the past.

Florin

08-27-2006

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 8:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
It was interesting I haven't learned their names yet but there is already a designer that I don't like. There is one that spent most of her time non-stop talking or singing. If I had been in there I would have already tried to tape her mouth shut. As far as the kits. This might be the first time someone didn't bring their kit.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 06, 2015 - 9:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
At the end of every episode, Tim has informed the eliminated person to pack up their tools in the workroom. I'm one of those sewing nerds who is always looking to see what kind of bag or toolbox they are packing their things up in.

What Tim was saying tonight is that this is the first time anyone, let alone 3 people, showed up to compete without their own tools to work with. It can be a hassle and really inconvenient for others to share their tools when time is short and they need to grab things quickly. I believe Merline (the non-stop talking/singing lady) and David were two of those three.

I'm not so sure about the quality of candidates they have this time around. A few stand out but not many. I'm not sure Mondo is the best person to be making those decisions - just my opinion. But time will tell and hopefully my mind will be changed.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was wondering how you get on an airplane these days with things like scissors...LOL!

I'm pretty sure the Indian guy (sorry, don't know the names yet) said he misunderstood about the kits.

I like the woman who won last night and I was unsure about her in the beginning (I'm not a fan of anyone who leads with how they were bullied). I liked her despite myself.

Not liking the guy who thought he was all that and ended up in the bottom. Not too crazy about that woman who didn't get on in Season 9.

I do like the woman with black hair and amazing eyebrows. Hope she sticks around for a while.

Oh, and that woman Lindsay Creel. Tone down the snarkiness.

Alisons

01-10-2003

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
I am rooting for Ashley and was glad that she won. I was about ready to jump through the TV and strangle that talkative woman (Merline), so I can only imagine how the designers in the room felt! How can you NOT know how annoying that is? It was like she had Tourette's without the expletives!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, August 07, 2015 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I was wondering if she was being annoying simply to cover up a lack of talent...and then she made that rather interesting outfit. How did that happen?

But did you notice when the judges were critiquing her she looked like it almost made her mad?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, August 08, 2015 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Sad for the guy who went home, though his gown was a hot mess but Tim Gunn actually gushed over his early effort, while panning almost everyone else and somehow this guy I guess got lost or thought he had it in the bag. Too bad.. like his accent.

Merline was SUPER annoying.

I am happy to have this show back.. with Tim and Heidi.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 2:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I was hoping he'd stay. He only had been out of design school for 4 weeks. It would be a horatio Alger story and give him a wealth of experience.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I agree Seamonkey. The way Tim critiqued him, it sounded like he just needed to make a few adjustments and his gown would be good to go.

I was a little surprised that the guy that made the black dress with a train was in the top three. At the end of the day, it was just a black dress with a train.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 5:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Lexi, I totally agree with the black dress with the train. You can walk into any mall and find that dress. I guess it was really well made. But seriously it was a basic generic design.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Agree

Alisons

01-10-2003

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
And the guys with the black dress and train would have sent that hot mess he was working on earlier down the runway without Tim's guidance. And the draper guy really got no critique from anyone. I also failed to understand why the guy with the big oversized dress with two different prints running diagonally got a pass while the Chinese woman got called out. I at least liked the colors she used better.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I really liked the Chinese woman's stuff better than most of the others... but I don't think the judges understand her aesthetic. I think she'll be gone pretty quick.

I love Ashley!!! I wanted to reach through the TV and give her a big hug!!!

I also like Swapnil... loved it when he and the lady who is annoying to everyone stopped what they were doing in the sewing room to give her hugs and words of encouragement... I realize it's a competition but I really appreciate the fact that they can lift each other up.

I'm glad Edmond got the critique from Tim and he made the changes necessary to stay in... I really want him to stay around for a while since he's tried out for the show so many times.

Really don't care for Blaine or is it Blake... he's a little too full of himself. Also don't really care for the preppy mean girl... she's just too mean for me... really didn't like her comment about the designers who left their sewing kits at home.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I'm on the fence about Lindsey, the 'mean' girl, only because I love her casual pieces. I do understand her frustration with people who show up without tools because one, I'm at a loss of how some of these people made this level of competition to begin with so how do you get to this level and not know to come prepared? Seond, it's a true inconvenience to those around you to have to share with the kind of time constraints and frenzy they are dealing with. Consider the ever-talking Merline and her mess of a work area! Imagine loaning her an important tool and having her conveniently lose it among that mess when you most need it?!

Then again, if Lindsey keeps up with the snotty attitude, I will drop her like a hot potato from my pre-show fave list based only on their portfolios.

I had high hopes initially for the Aussie until he seemed to be simply draping on the form and not much more. I thought Tim had given him a warning and yet he didn't change much. It really did come across as a toga.

I agree with the thoughts about the simple black dress with a train. I wonder if they put him in the top three simply to send a message to others that they cannot predict what the judges will like. They can easily throw someone like that into the top 3 knowing they don't have to let him win. Same with the bottom 3 - Throw someone like Blake in there to give him a needed ego adjustment!

Don't misunderstand me ~ I do think there are many talented designers in this group but just not as many as I've come to expect.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I don't think Swapnil "forgot" his tools, he said he misunderstood the rules and thought he was to bring nothing... so he gets pass from me.

Merline did say she brought hers, but was over the weight limit so she left it... so no pass for her...

The other guy didn't provide an explanation.

Hopefully those 3 will start to buy necessities from the fabric budget at Mood...

I WANT to like Lindsay... Did anyone else watch the audition show before the first episode? I really got a differing opinion of many... I also like the girl with the dark hair, the one with 2 kids.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 3:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
What does being a Virgo have to do with being cutthroat, I have never heard that before and I am a virgo, lol.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 3:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Who in the heck is Sally Beauty, I haven't ever heard of them, at least I knew who JustFab was.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 4:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So sad that Duncan went home, I didn't think his dress was that terrible but it did seem to be very bulky to me.

And I am so glad that Ashley is the winner, hope it helps her confidence.

I was thinking/wondering would they bring thread in their kits? Because that dress that Merline did needed a lot of thread and she didn't even have her kit.