TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 29, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Naked And Afraid: Archive through July 29, 2015 users admin

Amchess

08-26-2002

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amchess a private message Print Post    
Is this the show where the partner got the giggles as she watched her partner climbing the palm tree painfully scraping his privates with each step!

Spoton

09-16-2005

Monday, March 17, 2014 - 10:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
Not in this particular episode. The two that made it to the end worked very well together. This was the second time each of them did this . But first time they were paired up. First time the show used the amazon. Such a hostile environment for humans!!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 28, 2014 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I loved that show, they were really great together, giving their all, they almost made it look easy.
when I first heard about this show , it seemed so gimmicky, but now, I can see why they did it. I would have a problem if I could not wash my hair every day, the oil would have me itching and breaking out without any of the other problems. ha ha .

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 6:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
A new episode aired on Sunday. I'm sure it will be re played.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, May 22, 2015 - 1:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
One thing that always throws me is people who get sunburned immediately, If I were going on the show I would be working on a full body tan for weeks before. it reminds me of my mother's unhealthy belief for us as a child, which was throw us out in the sun to get several sunburns until we would finally get tanned and then she would not have to worry abut us again. I would skip the sunburn and just work on a slow tan before I went and eat a lot of garlic to keep the bugs away at least in the beginning.
Not that I would make it past one day on this show.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 - 11:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
What gets me are the vegetarians. They already have enough trouble finding any form of food during the 21 days as it is and then you have someone who refuses to kill anything. What are they expecting to survive on?

Sammi

03-31-2008

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I just don't get the naked! What would be so wrong to have them at least in a bathing suit or underpants. Too much stuff can climb into their innards in my estimation. I do like this show tho even if they are naked.

Connies

03-11-2010

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 11:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
Do they get paid very much for doing this torture? I think I saw where it isn't that much.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, May 28, 2015 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
clothing can be made into shelter, shoes protect their feet. The idea is to start with nothing. I remember one woman who had the guy cut her hair so she could make cord.
I remember that young woman who wove clothes from leaves and made sandals for them the first year and the guy was looking down on her as a time waster, but he got sick with sunburn and she did not.

If I were on (not going to happen) and hey told us ahead of time where we were going, I think I would look up natural insect protection on my list of things to know.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Naked and Afraid EXTRA LARGE! Yay! EJ and 11 other past cast members are back for 40 days and nights!

The only returnee I don't understand is Nora(Honora) who tipped out in her own season because she laid out all day in the hot sun on the sand dunes doing nothing while calling her partner a fat a&&. They've teamed her up with 2 guys which is totally unfair because now they will have to take care of her.

They've been sent out in teams of 1, 2 and 3 - assuming they find their partners. It appears like they will all find each other eventually.

One, Dani, was expected to find two other women and join up with them but got lost. However, from the first episode, she appears to be having a blast by herself, lol!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 19, 2015 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I swear if the producers ever let Honora on this show again they should be shot. Obviously she has no concept of redemption and being hungry and thirsty makes her crazy. She should be removed because she is now a danger to the guys, she could kill them in their sleep.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 2:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Lol. I agree. I swear I'd have a hard time not wanting to physically hurt her. That two women/one man team seems like a tough one for him too.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 8:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, the two women with the guy seem annoying, but the guy said he should be a serial killer, comments like that can make you a bit wary and I understand the vegetarian not eating the turtle, the others woman, I have no idea. Do they have enough veggies? I a wondering if this guy was the one who drove his other partner crazy talking about killing and gutting things over and over and in the most disgusting way so that when he did catch something she could not bring herself to eat it.

Alliet

07-11-2005

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 10:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alliet a private message Print Post    
My daughter and I were afraid Honora was going to do something lethal with the weapons. What a lunatic.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 2:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
I don't understand how Honora even got on this show, since she didn't prove herself to get through the 21 days. Maybe they couldn't get another woman to do it, and she was their last resort? I feel terrible for the 2 guys that are with her.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, July 20, 2015 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Naked and Afraid jumped the shark with this version of their franchise.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
SO Honora posted at previous TV forums and the mods removed her post - don't know if it was her or not, but it was whiney enough to be her.

so you want me to bring the copy here?

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 5:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
Yes I'd love to see what she has to say for herself!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 5:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
well, we don't know for sure it is her.
Allow me to enlighten you as to how Discovery is so full of shit. They edited the crap out of this episode. I built that shelter with Matt, moved 30 cubic feet of sand under it, spent 24 hours doing a toxicity test on the cacti before we deemed it safe to eat, shared buriti and coconuts that I'd found with him, made a fish basket, killed and cleaned two birds with my bare hands, made us blankets, and shared treated water with him. Now I have a constant stream of hate messages thanks to the editing process. As a homeless person with no security blanket, I'm pretty devastated with this whole thing. I agreed to let them portray me in a false light,but people telling me I deserve to die is way too far. Not to mention, what I said to Matt was provoked by an argument which they didn't air and began with me approaching him and asking if we could talk and work things out.
They took out the fact that I made a shade device that I used while I was treating my water. My one "big mistake" of falling asleep in the sun was on day 2, after Matt and I worked together to build the shelter and then I used my legs to move the 30 cubic feet of sand to flatten the shelter's floor while he napped.
Furthermore, that locust was thrown at Matt after it fell on the cameraman. And lastly, the real reason why everything was so difficult was because Matt told me on night one that he couldn't believe they let him take amphetamines (2x/day) out there. Meanwhile, I was on Malarone for malaria.

the shade device was a palm leaf and she did make a small hat.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 11:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I only caught about 10 minutes of the 2nd episode and she threw the survival tools that she had brought with her (water canteen, machete) into the river so the 2 guys couldn't have them if she tapped out.

Her first time, I thought she behaved like a spoiled 13 year old. She doesn't appear to have learned anything about herself. I'm still shocked they brought her back unless it was so she can redeem herself which she obviously isn't doing.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 9:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
How did she accurately measure 30 cubic feet of dirt?

I don't believe it. A cubic yard is 3 feet wide, 3 feet in length, and 3 feet deep = 27 cubic feet. Since she did not have to dig deep, the depth figure would probably be less that 0.5 feet. The length and width would have to be in the range of 10 feet by 6 feet. 10 X 6 X .5 = 30. That shelter didn't seem to be that large.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, July 24, 2015 - 3:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I can’t believe that they put such an unstable person like Honora back in with true survivalists. Either the producers really didn’t have any other female willing to try it again or they wanted the drama.

Ranger2

08-08-2008

Friday, July 24, 2015 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ranger2 a private message Print Post    
That drama is causing those 2 men a lot of trouble though, and that is so unfair to them! Luckily those 2 men are very resourceful, but still. It just isn't right.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 11:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Honora's only logical use in that situation would have been as food if the guys decided to eat her but I suspect they must've realized she was too stringy and too bitter....and maybe even poisonous.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 29, 2015 - 12:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post