TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 07, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: So You Think You Can Dance Season 12: Archive through July 07, 2015 users admin

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I like the way Jason asked the woman who trained those kids (I think it was her but maybe it was another female street dancer) to come and train him and his dancers in her form of street dance. I found Paula to be refreshingly subdued so far. She's trying to give positive feedback to the dancers so maybe her ditzy days are gone. We shall see. As for Nigel, well Nigel is Nigel.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
I found the show boring without Mary Murphy. I didn't like the new format, dancers were all doing those jerky dances, whatever kind of dance it is called, we turned it off half way through. Why did they change the show? If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
I dunno ...so far it's a bit boring. I'm thinking 50% street dancing this year ??? At least stage is a variety of various dances. But maybe I don't know enough about street?

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
Love this article! 8 reasons we miss Mary.
http://www.tvguide.com/news/so-you-think-you-can-dance-premiere-paula-jason-mary/?rss=tv-hotlist&partnerid=spi&profileid=09

Pamy

01-01-2002

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I never think it gets good until we get to the point where they are competing.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Nigel was at the Tony's last night. He's one of the producers of On The Town. They didn't win anything but their number that they did was quite good. Does anyone know if Ricky's time with On The Town has ended? I think he was only guaranteed a month's work.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 8:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I googled Ricky Ubeda but couldn't find any current information (can't access twitter or instagram on my work computer). Did see a great interview with him as he was in rehearsals for his debut and he was really sweet (and looked handsome once he shaved off that beard...not that he wasn't cute with it but much better without (IMO)).

Stormie

03-01-2007

Monday, June 08, 2015 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Stormie a private message Print Post    
I'm missing Mary, but I am really enjoying seeing Paula, I think she's doing a great job. I was hoping, though, that Mary would come back as a guest judge on later shows and not gone for good. I think the new judge, Jason Derulo, is doing okay so far, I read he's a dancer, so I'm glad of that. I can't wait for the top 20.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, June 09, 2015 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Hmm. There is an IBDB for Broadway stuff. Not that Ricky would be listed yet but I'll have to check it out. They do list cast replacements. I was wondering if the month was guaranteed with maybe an option to extend or maybe he could become a swing who covers several parts.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, June 14, 2015 - 3:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I keep forgetting to find this thread.. this is one of my major shows most years but I guess never has been a featured one on TVCH.

Not that much to post about at this point anyway.

I do a lot of FF and not fond of the Street slant, but I do love Twitch.. but he could do Street AND Stage.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, June 15, 2015 - 7:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I generally don't watch SYTYCD. Turned it on at the start of the show. After the first guy danced, Paula was IMO carrying on with some flowery speech. I turned it off.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
The ballet dancer from Korea was amazing.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 9:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He was! There were some good ones.. but I guess this year they don't send anyone to choreography?

Seems like only a couple of ballroom dancers anyway.. and a couple of tappers, so far.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yes, the ballet dancer was amazing. I hope he makes it through.

I wish Paula would stop making comments through every performance that she's moved by. It's annoying to constantly hear her say "nice" about 15 times during a performance.

Jason Derulo is surprising me with his knowledge of dance. He uses terms that the normal person probably would not know.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 16, 2015 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Nobody goes to choreography round this year. The stage dancers should be able to handle choreography in the first place and the street dancers usually don't do as well. You have to produce right out of the gate!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 7:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I think Nigel mentioned that Jason has taken dance lessons since he was a kid so he knows some terms from that and I wonder if he further educated himself when he knew he was going to become a judge. He's sort of won me over. Still getting used to this version of Paula the judge.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 17, 2015 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I had to google him. He attended 2 different performing arts schools and had been in theatre productions singing and dancing. So, I guess he's very well rounded artistically speaking.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I finally watched all 4 shows yesterday! I surprisingly liked Paula and Jason. She seems so happy while she is watching although she does talk too much.

Can someone explain the format. Will the street group only do street type dances . . so no ballroom, contemporary, etc.? and vice versa?

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Gldnlvr, I think that's how it will go. In the end, you will choose the ultimate winner from the final street dancer and final stage dancer. It's a good year to be a stage dancer. Bergase who choreographed On The Town and SMASH/Bombshell is one of the choreographers during Vegas week. A real Broadway choreographer doing choreographer for the Stage folks. I hope Travis does get to do some choreography for his team and is not just relegated to coaching them.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 6:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm becoming less enchanted with this new version of SYTYCD the more I watch. Are we going to have partner dancing at any point in this competition or is it going to be all street and stage group and individual dances?

My best case scenario would be that they would all dance with an All Star partner once it gets to the real competition.

Gldnlvr

08-03-2007

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 12:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gldnlvr a private message Print Post    
I hope they will have allstar partners too. I'm still on the fence with the new format. I am enjoying the street dancers more than I thought I would though. There are some really great stage dancers . . and I loved the Broadway choreography!

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 01, 2015 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I was shocked the girl with the accident that was told she wouuld never walk didnt make it thru.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, July 04, 2015 - 5:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wasn't. I think her recovery is miraculous but she really doesn't seem to have the extension that others have. She was a beautiful story but I didn't think her original audition warranted her getting through to Vegas and figured it was more because of her story than her ability.

Having said that she could dance circles around me without ever getting up out of a chair!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 8:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Other than Jim, no one really stands out to me.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, July 07, 2015 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It really seems to me that they are pushing the street dancers. I "recognize" more of them than I do stage.

I was sorry that the woman "Standing Ovation" didn't make it through. I thought she was great and fun to watch. I wasn't surprised that the redheaded girl from last year made it through instead of the tall dark-haired girl.

Kind of glad the Israeli guy didn't make it through. I think if he had kept his mouth shut he stood a better chance.