TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Port Protection

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Port Protection users admin

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, July 21, 2015 - 6:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Did anyone else besides me watch this premiere. This is another show about Alaska and it is similar to Life below zero. It has the same producers. If you liked Life below zero you will probably like this one also.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, July 22, 2015 - 6:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Kid Sis set it up on Tivo. Looking forward to watching it.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Thursday, July 23, 2015 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Thanks for alerting us to this! Will check it out.

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, July 27, 2015 - 10:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
The 2nd episode was also good. If I was younger I would love to live a subsistence living lifestyle but it would have to be someplace that doesn't get a cold as Alaska. LOL I am a southern gal who couldn't handle the cold.

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 3:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
One of the things I liked about tonight's is when one of the men went out and caught two large salmon he dropped off one of them to a man so his family had fish.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, August 03, 2015 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Yes, Kid Sis and I are totally enjoying this series!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Tuesday, August 04, 2015 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I'll have to check it out. History channel??

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Wednesday, August 05, 2015 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Lilfair, we checked our DirectTV. Looks like Port Protection shows on NGCHD Natl Geographic.

"Alone" shows on HIST Channel.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 5:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Thank Biscotti.

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Sunday, August 09, 2015 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
I finally got caught up of the episodes. Another great show about the individuals surviving the harshness of the Alaskan wilds. Enjoy following each of the people in the village, Gary, Curly, Sam, etc.

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 3:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I really enjoyed this latest episode. It showed one of the old timers showing a single young women who has moved into the area how to skin and treat a beaver hide. He wanted to teach the craft and help her learn a craft to help support herself. He is all about handing down his knowledge to others so it doesn't become lost knowledge.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 10, 2015 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I watched the first 3 episodes and liked them all. The shows may be a bit slow moving but I can't get enough of watching this life style unfold on my TV.

The woman needing medical help and waiting for the weather to clear before she could get out...yikes. But they all seem to handle everything with quiet ease.

Florin

08-27-2006

Wednesday, August 19, 2015 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
The one thing I really like about this show is how they help each other whether it is learning how to fire a gun for protection and tracking for hunting. To taking down a risky tree to keep it from falling on a building. They are all about the community.

Seattlemom

05-10-2005

Saturday, August 22, 2015 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seattlemom a private message Print Post    
I love the sense of community, and how they look out for each other, it just draws you in such a simple life, I could never do it but I do wish I could

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I couldn't handle the cold. I am a southern women here and anything under 70 is to cold for me. LOL

Seattlemom

05-10-2005

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seattlemom a private message Print Post    
I love this show. The community and bond they have. I couldnt live there either but would love to have the bonds they have. reminds me a bit of when I was a child neighbors looked out for each other and we had block party's for all ages and our house hardly ever had locked doors

Florin

08-27-2006

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I remember those days. We could actually play after dark on the weekends when we were older. I remember one of the kids on the block had a dad whose whistle was so loud we could all hear it. His kids knew when they heard the whistle it was time to get home.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, August 24, 2015 - 1:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Yes the sense of community is nice to see. Florin, I grew up a lot like you. We were always outdoors playing and we knew that once 1 mom called us in we all went home for dinner.

I'm 1 of 5 kids and my block had 5 families like mine. There were tons of kids to play with, we all looked out for each other. And the parents treated us all like we were their kids. There was a real sense of community. We were in it all together. I feel that is sorta how it is in Port Protection.

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, April 19, 2016 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
The new season started last night. Did anyone watch.

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Friday, April 22, 2016 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Oh yeah we watched. Grateful to watch another season, interesting watch every week!

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: