TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 16, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Adventure: Naked And Afraid: Archive through March 16, 2014 users admin

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 2:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching this. I find it fascinating. It is on Discovery.

Seattlemom

05-10-2005

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 9:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seattlemom a private message Print Post    
Yes I put it on and couldn't stop watching

Kitkat

08-23-2008

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 9:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitkat a private message Print Post    
Yes, I've seen it. I think they promote the naked bit just to get people to watch. Being naked does not add one thing to the experience. It seems a little staged with the make-up. So far all the people have had the same facial "dirt".

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I saw it too. Unimpressed.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 9:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I've watched bits and pieces, but not enough to make it a "must see." The one I watched the man was a complete jerk!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 11:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, being naked did make that military guy helpless for days.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I agree Sadiesmom, but he went in thinking he was far superior than her and she carried him. I loved it.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 7:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think my favorite was when he started calling her a namby pamby for being afraid to drink the water and then he got sick. ha ha .

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, July 08, 2013 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
On the schedule for Sun, 7/14, the episode named "Terror in Tanzania - Uncensored" will air.

Coincidentally, I plan to start watching this show starting next Sunday.

Cindylouwho

01-27-2009

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cindylouwho a private message Print Post    
I've watched three episodes so far. In each one, the man is more of a whiner than the woman. I think it's an interesting show. Go girls.

Alwayzmovin

11-06-2003

Tuesday, July 09, 2013 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwayzmovin a private message Print Post    
I watch it. No freaking way could I ever survive, so will stay here and be entertained by their pixaled nakedness.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, July 24, 2013 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
It's not on my must-see list but I definitely enjoy it when I'm up late at night and can't sleep. I'm at the point where I don't even notice they're naked any more. It's been really interesting to see which of their survival skills have worked and which ones haven't.

The highlights for me so far have been the shoes made out of bark, the shade hats woven out of palm leaves and last but not least - CROTCH FISHING!

I really admire these people for their skills because I would never make it past a few days.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 12:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
The first episode of "Naked and Afraid" that I saw was named "Terror in Tanzania"...it was the one with the army guy who stepped on a thorn and then did a lot of whining and then created shoes from the bark of a tree.

Tonight I just started watching last week's "72 Hours" (the episode named "Fijian Jungle") and guess who I saw on the green team? E.J.... that same whiny army guy named E.J. from "Naked and Afraid - Terror in Tanzania"!

I guess being on survival reality shows is his hobby or something.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3473527/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Zippy

07-03-2011

Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Good catch Sanfranjosh. I watched both of those shows and didn't pick up on that. LOL

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Saturday, July 27, 2013 - 9:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
This show is a bit addicting. I caught an episode or two and found it interesting. I know they are using the naked part to draw viewers in, a curiosity kind of thing. I find it distracting because I'm worried about their feet and sunburn and in reality, if you were stranded you would likely have the clothes on your back, even if it was just a swim suit.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 8:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Good catch SanFran! Was he as whiney on both shows?

Agree the "naked" part is kinda stupid. But whatever. At least they blur them out. The "uncenscored" episodes had me a bit worried at first. LOL.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I found the 72 Hours episode on On Demand, am watching it now.

One observation (as I wait to see EJ's whining), is the announcer. When he says each team will be give a "GPS Tracker." I swear I keep hearing him say, "Cheapy-assed Tracker." LOL!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Sunday, July 28, 2013 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The one thing I'll give this show is that the people actually have some training in their background and they know what they are getting into.

While I enjoy 72 hours as well, I'm tired of the spoiled people who thought they were going to some pretty place in nature and then would be waited on somehow.

With this show, there's no pretense for the spoiled to show up. Yes - there's a lot of whining but that's where the NAKED comes in. There's no $300 shoes or having the best tools to back them up - it's just two humans and nature.

Seriously, I'm enjoying this show more and more and have stopped noticing the lack of clothing.

PS - As others have said, GOOD CATCH SF!!

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Thanks everyone for your input. After reading here, I asked Kid Sis to program the tivo. Last night we watched the first 3 eps and really liked it.

We find it funny that the guys are always fallen in the beginning, then it becomes more a case of whether the girls can really carry it out. I thought part of it was that guys require more calories they aren't getting, but Kid Sis thinks it's more to watch the women pull the weight. We like the fact that it's different people in each ep.

Thx SFJF, I'm going to ask Sis to tivo that 72hrs show, to see if we like it. All our fav TV shows are doing finales, so we're beginning to scratch for stuff to watch this summer.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 11:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Are they really using the nudity just to draw in viewers or is it a way of showing how people can get past the embarrassment and just get on with life? I am not feeling any sense of voyeurism.
I am more in sympathy with the fact that their skin is exposed to the sun and gets terribly damaged.
We are not seeing much more skin than on any music video with dancers rubbing themselves and gyrating against each other. This show seems a refreshing change.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 11:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
I also like them showing the tough, smart women who are able to do so much to keep the tribe alive. The nakedness is a very integral part of the experience.
I like this show far more than Survivor, which has turned into a personality competition.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
FYI

It appears that they changed the programming schedule on DISCHD (channel 750 in SF)....without sending the obligatory alert notice that they usually send out every time Comcast makes a change in the programming/channel lineup.

DISCHD (channel 750 in SF) has always aired the same program lineup as the regular non-HD DISC (channel 15 in SF) EXCEPT everything aired three hours earlier on DISCHD 750 than it does on DISC 15.

I just realized that the programming on both DISCHD and regular DISC 15 is now exactly the same on both channels. All the shows they air are now on at the same time on both channels, NOT 3 hours apart. However, the scheduling information still shows the programming on DISCHD is 3 hours earlier than on DISC 15.

This means if you have a season pass for "Naked and Afraid" on DISC HD, you will actually be recording whatever show is scheduled to air exactly 3 hours later on DISCHD!

I discovered this when I tried to watch episode 6 ("Beware the Bayou") of "Naked and Afraid" but instead of that episode, I got the second half of a two hour "Deadliest Catch" episode.

The same thing is going on with TLCHD 752 and its counterpart, the regular TLC 50.

This is just a heads up for anyone who watches TLCHD and/or DISCHD in the SF Bay Area (and maybe elsewhere - I don't know how widespread thi issue is).

Anyone (in at least the SF Bay Area) with comcast and a TIVO season pass for the HD channels for "Breaking Amish", "Cake Boss", "Here Comes Honey Boo Boo", and/or "Naked and Afraid" will run into this issue.

To watch the latest episodes of Honey Boo Boo yesterday, I had to set the TLC HD channel to record "Surviving Your In-Laws"!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I honestly didn't think they were going to live through "Beware of the Bayou". To me, that was the most brutal situation so far.

Catfat

02-27-2002

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Kappy, I agree. None of the locals would ever walk through that water.

Spoton

09-16-2005

Sunday, March 16, 2014 - 9:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spoton a private message Print Post    
New show tonight. The Amazon jungle. BRUTAL!! Three dropped out by day 5. I really didn't think anyone could survive, but those two were amazing, strong souls.