TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 07, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Marriage Boot Camp; Reality Stars: Archive through June 07, 2015 users admin

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 3:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
Kind of a weird show, but this season BB's Jeff and Jordan are on. It is on Friday night on WE. It is good to see them.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it was kind of funny how all the rest of them kept saying how nice J and J are. And when you watch the preview clips all you see is crazy behavior by the rest of them. A few tears by J and J.

I also found it interesting that they started filming this one month after they got engaged, which means it was last summer?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 4:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure when it was filmed, but crazy weather here- I was up at 1am and was watching the preview... Kendra is messed up and her mom is messing with her head! (Kendra from current Kendra on Top, the house gossips want to know if Hand did have an affair with a Trannie - - but honestly didn't anyone want to know if her relationship with Hugh Hefner - at what 16? had something to do with it too? Or is it just me?)

but the Situation, i.e. Mike and 2 others (Aubry? Tammy? Idk) were talking about the show in a corner frame while it was airing - and when they showed Kendra's mom come out - Kendra flips out called mom the Devil, started screaming "RISE UP" "RISE UP" no one knew what to do - but Kendra needed support for sure, as her mom was selling stories to the tabloids, and was threatening to do more!

wild.

They had 6 Key fobs with sayings on relationships from Pretty near Perfect to Doesn't Stand a Chance - - one person just handed out the keys so they could get to their rooms! They gave Jeff and Jordan the Pretty near Perfect room - WOW , and Jordan said "this will just give them a reason not to like us more"

and of course in their confessional - Jordan said some word I couldn't hear, and Jeff looked at her and then said do you mean "---" and then they argued about it - ok, that made me laugh because, some things don't change!!

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
She said, "That would beat the purpose of the show." And he said, "Don't you mean 'defeat' the purpose of the show?" That's what they were arguing about.

I couldn't believe they brought in Kendra's mom. That woman needs therapy herself. She does nothing but play head games on her own daughter and bad-mouth her in the press. She just loves the attention being Kendra's mom brings her, but she takes every opportunity to tear her down. It made me physically nauseous to see her there.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Jordan said it was filmed a month after they were engaged. Didn't they get engaged during BB last year?

The version you watched was the repeat. The first showing didn't have Mike, Aubrey and the one I can't remember her name in the corner.

BabyJax is right about the word misuse, I was laughing also.

Missyb

07-28-2004

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
DO you all think that Mike "the situation" thought he looked good when he went on the show ??

Jeff and Jordan, she is a saint for doing all this for Jeff.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Missy, no, I kept wondering what he did to his cheeks.... .
Then I noticed the abnormally huge biceps.

What on earth?

Missyb

07-28-2004

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missyb a private message Print Post    
Karuna, he looked slightly better in the show following ( his commentary) but his biceps looked even bigger ! I swear he looked like he had just gotten out of massive dental surgery .

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 6:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Huge biceps kind of freak me out.. I just think of steroids or someone driven to exercise past the point of good sense.. or both.

I set up to record just the new episode,labelled as new, though there seem to be a lot of reruns. Not sure I want to get sucked into this, but it looks possible that I'm being sucked

Reader234

08-13-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
LOL Seamonkey, why should I be the only one! being sucked in - if you can figure out how to get the version where people comment on the episode, its kind of funny!

defeat - that's right! lol

I thought I read somewhere that Mike aka The Situation needed to go on the show and his "fiance" was just helping him out - that they were never serious?

It did make for good tv!

and Kendra's mom - I remember the episode on "The girls Next Door" when she got her face lift and was allowed (or let???) to recuperate at "The Playboy Mansion" it was all because of Kendra. They've filmed episodes of when Hugh went to her home (she got KFC because Hugh has a weird food schedule and she wanted him to be comfortable)

anyway, that's why I felt that since Kendra's early years were on TV and bringing in her mom - that these episodes would be relevant - I cannot be the only one thinking Mom wished she was in Kendras shoes, and she was Hughs gf!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I meant to watch this, but they were showing the last season everytime I checked, then I forgot, LOL. So I keep checking to see if it is running again because I know they run them several times.

Snoopsmom

02-19-2003

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Snoopsmom a private message Print Post    
I got sucked into this only because I wanted to see Jeff and Jordan. The episode with the commentary by The Situation, Aubrey and Tami was very funny.
I'm guessing, but would bet the 3 doing the commentary did not survive the boot camp and their relationships are now over.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I'm guessing, but would bet the 3 doing the commentary did not survive the boot camp and their relationships are now over.

You think so, Snoopsmom? That would make sense, especially Mike because of what they told his girlfriend about it being hard to be with an addict/ex-addict. As for Tami & Aubrey, there's no room for anyone but themselves in their lives.

Something is wrong with Mike's face. It's so shiny and kind of oddly shaped. Has he been doing botox or something?

I thought Jordan said "debeat" instead of the correct word defeat as Jeff said. I so wish she'd take opportunities like that to grow her word usage. Instead, she says this is an instance of them not communicating. To think all she has to do is take an English course and they'd communicate great! She cracks me up, but I could see where Jeff could get tired of that.

Mike is not the smartest tool in the shed. I've seen him with his family on something & also on BB UK Celeb. and he makes Jordan/Jeff look like neuroscientists. I thought he was acting like that, but he's not.

I feel Kendra is a complete drama queen and uses reality shows to live on.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, June 05, 2015 - 8:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just caught up on this show.

Wow, Aubrey is just as mean and horrible as I remember her from Apprentice. I hope her boyfriend realizes there are such nicer girlfriends out there.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I have to look for this now, so I can share in the Aubrey hate, heh, No, don't hate her, just realize how hard she is trying to hang on to her little bit of fame. This should be a lesson for Nia on Dancemoms to absorb.
Why are dating couples on marriage boot camp? shouldn't it be married couples?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
One would think..

Which one is Aubrey?

I mean I kind of know who the Jersey shore guy is, though he looks different than I had thought (was he also on DWTS briefly?) and I remember I think Kendra being on celebrity rehab? but I really only know Jeff and Jordan and sadly I think as someone else on this episode I watched said that their whole relationship had been on camera (not totally, but seems they met, etc and he even proposed, finally, on camera) but to me while Jeff is comfortable in the spotlight, Jordan is much less comfortable except as his sidekick and joking, and then when you expect them to kind of do therapy in front of others AND the camera, I think it is kind of a shame they are on this show. They could use work on the jokey, superficial way they interact, because I do think they care for each other and with the right therapist and not being filmed, I think they could deepen the connection, and do the really difficult work of being open and honest and it would benefit their relationship. I wish them the best.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
This is the second season I watched, and while I'm not fond of the therapists' techniques, they do seem to have a good track record of saving relationships. I imagine their normal treatment behavior is highly dramatized for the show.

Seamonkey, I think you are confusing two different Kendras. This one was never on Rehab.

Aubrey is the one with the long blonde hair, who spent most of the last episode arguing with her significant other.

I think Jeff and Jordan are a bit shellshocked. They are so out of their element with this group of highly dysfunctional people. I do think they must have got something out of it, because they are getting married, aren't they?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 6:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Watching my tape of this. Cricket, his face is weird and hers is too, I think it's too much botox and fillers. That is the only thing I can figure. Both of their faces look real plasticized.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Man, Jordan doesn't look like she was in an accident. They should have bloodied her up a bit more. I am sure that Jeff/Jordan don't really want their business out there for the world to see. I am still amazed they are even on this show.

And Karuuna I think you are correct, Jeff/Jordan have never seen anything like these dysfunctional couples. They are probably wondering why they are there now as well.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Ah well, I said I didn't know who these people were and didn't even know the ones I thought I knew. So there are at least two really dysfunctional Kendras on "celebrity" reality tv.

I thought the exercise of "losing" the other was a good one, could have done better with the makeup and I would have kept it "private", meaning just the couple and the therapist and of course the camera, but not the other couples watching. That kind of took the shock value away and probably meant some of them (Jeff, for sure) in their head more than their gut.

But the exercise itself .. sort of a truncated "Every 15 minutes" that they do in high schools .. that they make so realistic that it seems to effect other teens and parents greatly

I just hope Jeff and Jordan get some private sessions we won't see.

Jeff and Jordan are engaged, but that happened last year during Big Brother. And while they aren't dysfunctional in the way the other couples are, thank goodness, they ARE seemingly unable to be as real as one would hope considering how long they have been together.

AS TO WHY.. $$$

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
There's an article out there about why they did the show. Jeff said it wasn't because they had serious issues, it was just to tone up their relationship (like you go to a fitness center).

So, I'm thinking, yes, money is probably part of the unspoken motivation.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 06, 2015 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Well it would certainly help. I suspect their wedding will also be televised, though if it wasn't I wouldn't blame them.. either way..

I'm sure they got something to do the proposal on the BB set.. at least it was a real proposal, unlike Boogie's.. way back..

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 10:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
OK, there was nothing I wanted to watch so I watched this show and
Aubrey and boyfriend probably pretend dating to be on this show, They sure don't look like they are dating in any way.
Jeff and Jordan are in trouble for laughing - if only that is the worst thing you do in life.

The situation and girlfriend -= probably got together again to be on this show, It's a paycheck and exposure. But I know nothing about them
Kendra and husband - on for publicity, but boy just what are they trying to put out there, May just leave if they are allowed to before the end.
Basketball wives - really? never even heard of that one, duh. anyway don't see great problems with her boyfriend, so I looked her up in Wiki and they don't even mention this show, guess it is far enough off the radar.Doesn't mention a boyfriend either. even so , he seems very even tempered and she has a love advice radio show, so kind of weird them being on as well.

Katbee

09-15-2001

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Katbee a private message Print Post    
I remember Tami from the 2nd season of The Real World. On the show she had an abortion, appeared on a dating show, and was mixed up in the incident where this guy got kicked off the show.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, June 07, 2015 - 10:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Katbee - I was reading something, and when it said Tami was on The Real World, it clicked - she had her jaw wired shut during the show too! It was a long time ago!

Kendra and Hank - Kendra was on the show "The Girls Next Door" i.e. Hugh Hefner's girlfriends living in the playboy mansion, I think Kendra moved in at age 18, she's often talked about how hard a life she had, and moving to the mansion saved her as Hef had so many rules (they had to be in the mansion early...) During the show Kendra was portrayed (and she seemed genuine) as a Tomboy who LOVED Sports, knowing she'd always marry a sports guy...

Hank was a professional football player - he infamously dropped a pass in the Superbowl game and his team The Indianapolis Colts lots - he was blamed and hasn't played pro ball since then