TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 02, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: So You Think You Can Dance Season 12: Archive through June 02, 2015 users admin

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, December 05, 2014 - 8:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
It's back in a different format. Stage vs. Street

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
The Hot Tamale Train has made its final run. Won't be the same show without her.

http://www.eonline.com/news/613942/mary-murphy-leaving-so-you-think-you-can-dance

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That article makes it sound like she didn't want to leave. :-(

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree Brenda. She specifically said "released from my contract...".

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 3:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
It does sound like she got fired. How could they let Mary go? She's the heart of the show!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Ketchuplover, can you point us to the article the stage vs. street format was discussed? Thanks.

I'm another one who will miss Mary. She was exuberant and funny and she knew her ballroom stuff.

It would be interesting to see her judge Dancing With The Stars!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
UGH.. one show after another is changing and not in a good way.

And Street has been kind of overwhelming the show for a few years.. sounds like that is what they think will bring in viewers (and they could be correct, but not for this viewer).

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 3:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I just read Paula Abdul is one of the new judges, along with Jason DeRulo. I may have to tune in this season. I love me some ditzy Paula :-)

LINK to TVBYTHENUMBERS

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
OMG!!!! Tell me it isn't so. I cannot STAND Paula Abdul. She made a fool of herself on Idol, and it's such a better show since she's gone. How could they replace Mary with Paula?!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, January 24, 2015 - 5:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
UGH.. WHY???

Bidasea

08-04-2005

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bidasea a private message Print Post    
No..They can never replace Mary with Paula. Waiting for her to get a sentence out takes forever

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I went over to the Facebook page for SYTYCD. The comments about Paula coming on as a judge are overwhelmingly negative. What were they thinking??? Does Paula have naked pictures of Nigel Lythgoe or something?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, January 26, 2015 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm not keen on "stage vs street" either.

Flossiebebe

09-01-2005

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Flossiebebe a private message Print Post    
This show is sounding so strange. Nigel is a creepy guy anyway and now Paula Abdul and who? I think I might watch....but only to see what Cat is wearing. The last few seasons since they went to the 2 winner idea had already lost me.
And I can't imagine why they got rid of Mary Murphy. When I first heard that I thought it was a joke!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 6:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm not enthused like I am most years..

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I miss Mary, too, but plan on giving it a chance.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 7:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
So boring that I finally switched the channel to America Ninja Warrior.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 9:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I actually thought Paula did a good job last night (with one giggle fest exception). Jason (can't spell his last name so I'm not going to try) also did a good job, although he's a bit of a stick in the mud! Most of the dancers were good and I thought the audition format of two cities in two hours was quick and good.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I recorded it.. I'll check it out.

Jason DeRulo.. LOL about stick in the mud.. maybe just taking himself too seriously.

Thank god Cat is still there.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 9:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
ACK.. forgot about Team Stage and Team Street. Pfft.

Muffin

08-29-2007

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 9:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Muffin a private message Print Post    
Also watched it and like most of you here, I will miss Mary!
I think Jason will be alright. Never been a fan of Paula but time will tell. The last few years I was skimming through the show because I found most of the dances were becoming the same as prior years and I was getting a little bored. I will definitely give it a try before I comment on the new version.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I usually like watching this, but could not get into it. I'm with everyone else on the Street versus Stage theme. Not sure why Jason Derulo was there. While he dances, I think he's more of a singer. He seems to be everywhere these days. Anyway, I'll try again to watch it because there's just nothing else on regular TV right now.

On a side note, I read that Twitch is in the new Magic Mike movie!! That should be fun!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 11:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I did like it when Jason got up and interacted with the group of kids and I must say I was impressed by his impromptu singing. So many "singers" these days can't really sing as well as their recordings but he sounded great.

Travis Wall v. Twitch - that will be a great showdown.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 3:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I still like it. Very talented people.

Florin

08-27-2006

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 3:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
Jason was impressed with the kids it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't use them in a video in the future.