TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Brother versus Brother - Wed 9pm - HGTV

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Home Improvement: Brother versus Brother - Wed 9pm - HGTV users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 03, 2015 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, did you guys see this show tonight? It was so good. Normally it has been teams for each brother and then someone gets eliminated at the end of the show. And somehow Drew won both seasons.

This year it is just Drew versus Jonathan, with Wayfair.com as a partner to each. They both picked out housed in Las Vegas and are redoing them. At the end the one who gets the most money after purchase price minus remodel costs minus sales price will win.

But tonight they did a comp on the living rooms and the loser had to parade down the strip in a costume, etc. AND....

Jonathan finally won. It was hysterical seeing Drew parade around in a pink princess outfit. I died laughing. It was the best part of the show.

Oh and the new living rooms were really nice too.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, June 04, 2015 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I don't have cable, but love HGTV and Drew and Jonathan. That would have been hilarious to see. I'll probably see it in reruns later.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 4:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
David Bromstad is one of the judges on the show tonight. can't wait to see what they bet this week, I really loved Drew's princess outfit.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 4:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Aha, so it is a little different. I will need to watch it tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, looks like the bet is to strip with ThunderVegas for the lose, hahahahahaha...Jonathan Scott ‏@MrSilverScott · 8m8 minutes ago
#TeamJonathan! New #BroVsBro starts TONIGHT at 9pm e/p! Will @MrDrewScott or I take it all off w/ @ThunderVegas??

Treasure

06-26-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Right now I am watching the one you talked about where the loser will walk the strip in a costume. ehehe

Then the new show follows that for me. So you are seeing the new show right now.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 5:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
No, the new show isn't on for me for several hours, but they tweeted a picture. They have to wear what looks like a tiny speedo, LOL.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I love Jonathan and Drew, but I absolutely hate the stupid bets they make this season. I don't want to see them parading around the Strip in a princess costume or participating in a male review. I just want to see them do what they do best. The bets just seem so frat boy and juvenile to me. Hate it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 7:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Who won tonight?

Treasure

06-26-2002

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Do you really want to know before you see it?

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 9:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I really can do without the bets. It cheapens the show and makes it too much of a scripted show. They need to stick with what they do best and that finding homes and updating them.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
They were on the morning show here in Portland. Apparently, they make bets all the time. We just never saw it before. Also, I thought it was interesting that they live together, with their parents house very close by. They said that they are never home, so it didn't make sense to have 2 places.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 12:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Treasure, I always want to know before I see shows, then I don't worry, LOL. I ended up having to tape it so still haven't watched it yet.

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't mind bets if they weren't so stupid. Do bets like the loser does a charity bake sale or loser runs 5 miles in cowboy boots. But the costumes and Las Vegas strip stuff is silly, at best. I'm so sure those are not the bets they usually make. When was the last bet one made the other strip or wear a costume.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
LOL Dipo, I would have done the hidden thing to tell you who won, but I don't know how to do that.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well spill it now Treasure, LOL.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
OK, LOL The winner was.................DREW!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 3:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh, darnit, I really want Jonathan to win this season, LOL. I hope to watch the show in the next day or two.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Dipo and Treasure, just so you know, spoiling is perfectly legal once the show has aired. People who don't want to be spoiled know enough to stay out of a show thread until they've watched it. So feel free to spoil away, as long as it's already been shown on TV.

Treasure

06-26-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Treasure a private message Print Post    
Glad to know that BJ. I wasn't sure how long I should wait for others to see the show. ehehe

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, June 11, 2015 - 7:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know BJM, but Treasure wouldn't tell, LOL. She kept teasing me with the knowledge, hahaahahaha.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, not fair that a "national holiday" stops them from work!!! Makes me want to know when they filmed this, could it be Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 12, 2015 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought that was hysterical with Jonathan on stage. Both houses looked great but I agree, Drew's house was more impressive. But mostly it was because he took out that wall that he left in when he did the living room.

Since they went back and did work in the living room I am not sure that was in the spirit of doing the kitchen, but I understand it was for the overall end of house presentation.

I just feel that change really did make Drew the winner.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, June 19, 2015 - 2:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I keep getting the impression that the judges are trying to much to figure out which house belongs to which brother and their decisions are getting biased because of it.

I think this last show the houses improvements were equal, I can't believe they used rock/paper/scissors to decide.

I do think that Jonathan's house will win the final challenge and sell his house for more.

Cpaaa04

06-14-2011

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cpaaa04 a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I made it to the right thread. Thanks Roxip for telling me about this place.

Really excited for the finale tonight. I see Drew's girlfriend is waiting with him when JT tells them the overall winner. I hope it Jonathan.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 9:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Well shoot, I thought we were going to sale tonight, I didn't know they had one more competition to do.

Oh, Cpaaa, they did do this as a finale, excellent!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 24, 2015 - 9:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
AND the winner is....Jonathan!!

Lyn

08-07-2002

Wednesday, January 25, 2017 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lyn a private message Print Post    
I'm just starting to get into their shows. How did I not see it before as I LIVE on HGTV

(Re-posting this from another thread)

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
This year's shows were in the East Bay of San Francisco. They did not include the sales commission because they both would have then lost money.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 30, 2018 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jonathan's house was in El Sabronte and Drew's house was in Pinole.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: