TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Real Housewives of Melbourne

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: Real Housewives of Melbourne users admin

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, April 29, 2015 - 9:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 3:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Thanks to the moderators for setting this up :-) I like this show because I've always wanted to visit Australia. The housewives are very entertaining. The thing that made me laugh is how there is a wave of self-help books being written by socialites in Australia. One of this seasons housewives, Petitfleur has written one with almost the exact same title as Omarosa here in the states, called "Switch the B****". I really like some of the husbands too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 4:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have seen this show several times and it always cracks me up the amount of big jewels that these women wear.

Plus they sure seem to be much more dressy than all the other HW's.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Thursday, April 30, 2015 - 5:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
It cracks me up on all the HW shows how these women dress up for a 24-hour flight on a plane (hello... yoga pants?), or to ride for 3-4 hours in a car. I don't wear dresses and heels unless it is a special occasion - not to take an airplane or ride in a car.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Friday, May 01, 2015 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
I always wonder how much time it takes get ready for most of them. I'm amazed how often there are hair dressers, stylists, and make-up people involved. It seems like most of them are always running late too...so maybe that's the reason lol

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, May 01, 2015 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I always thought Australia was a lot more laid back, not really class conscious. These ladies act like they are the upper, upper class and have to dress to show it.

Would love to hear what someone who lives there thinks about this show.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, May 03, 2015 - 5:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
My son and dil are now living in Australia, Melbourne, when this first came out last year, I skyped with them and named the places and streets... they just shook their head at their crazy mom, tv reality! Basically, where they live they live in a laid back "surfer attitude" type area, and they love it. She was working 12 hour+ days in the Chicago office (Its a global financial consulting firm) She says the pressure, stress in Australia is so much less, she loves living in Australia and signed on for a 3 year contract.

but to get them to dish on the Housewives? All I get is they shake their head... They do say that the prices in Australia is 3-6times more than here (Its an island) She came home and stocked up on make - up! I think DS said that a bottle of regular beer is $6, he's making his own beer now!

IF I can get them to dish, I'll post! ;)

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Monday, May 04, 2015 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
Oh awesome! It would be so fun to hear more about Melbourne, Reader234!

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, May 04, 2015 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Last night we tried to Skype with DS - their internet was so spotty, its ridiculous! (we watch the Blackhawks on their journey to the Stanley Cup, and yes, I mentioned the HW again - I don't think they heard, I did email them! ;) Its all for research!)

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
This version is far more entertaining than any U.S. franchise. It cracks me up that they dress (for every occasion) as if they are meeting Liberace.

I hope we get another season out of them.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Monday, June 01, 2015 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
The hairdos and makeup remind me of the movie Strictly Ballroom.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 3:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
LOL... Lilfair - they do seem to love their sequins Down Under - even during the day.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Tuesday, June 02, 2015 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
I loved the reunion show. The host kept telling them to shut up...made me laugh. The comment that Gamble made to Janet's friend was hilarious. I don't hear the housewives here say things like, "your p***y is too dry to ride me that hard." Chyka is still my favorite and I love her house.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Monday, August 01, 2016 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
I think Lydia and Gamble are perfect for each other as friends. I've never seen two more clueless individuals. I like that her former friend Susan has made everyone aware of her history of being a fair weather friend. I don't see Lydia's marriage lasting long at the rate she's going.

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Tuesday, August 02, 2016 - 6:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
I had watched last year and started watching again this season but got turned off by all the yelling again.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Monday, August 08, 2016 - 3:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Just watched my first couple of episodes of the Melbourne Housewives. Agree with you Northwestblonde; Gamble/Lydia...they can have each other. I'm watching S03.

I read an article that Gina called out Gamble for lying/exaggerating re the RHWBH saying something negative about the RHWMelbourne. Both groups were filming in Dubai @ the same time.

Apparently, Gamble repeated something she heard Lydia say. She still hasn't wised up to Lydia. Gina and Lisa V. seem to know each other.

Northwestblonde

09-01-2005

Tuesday, August 09, 2016 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Northwestblonde a private message Print Post    
I think Gina and LVP are friends because they talked about Gina going over to the BH franchise after the end of Season 1. Lydia seems like a complete disaster. What's been cracking me up is how all the ladies think it's fine to trash someone as long as you're doing it to their face. So far, I'm really enjoying this season. I really love how Petitfleur's sister gave her some real perspective on her way of treating people and obsession with material things.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: