TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 28, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Medical Reality Shows: Botched on E!: Archive through April 28, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 5:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Really, that is unexpected.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 5:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Well when you look for the later showing of Botched, it's only an hour long, followed by the talk show "Good Work". Same as with tomorrow afternoon's showing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I an not understanding why this women says she has a potato head. I guess I am not seeing what it is that makes her unhappy except maybe the scare.

Yeah Naja, my tvguide just shows it going for 2 hours so we shall see what actually happens, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 9:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I don't really understand why they can't work on the one woman, I know they tried to explain it but I didn't really understand why doctors can't get that caulk out of people. I know lots of people have had a problem.

Wow, now I can see how the women who thought she looked like miss potato head was changed. Although I didn't think her square jaw was bad, I understand that it wasn't how she knew her face so it bothered her.

And Tiffany, man, I am surprised to see that girl, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 9:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, couldn't they do anything for her voice!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ahhhhh, Naja, the tvguide lied, LOL, the Good Work show is starting now. I haven't even heard of this show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Is Sandra Vagara related to Sophia?

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I think it was just a way to trick "Botched" viewers into recording the new talk show.

And I have no idea if she is related. I had too many things to record tonight so I won't get to see the show until tomorrow.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 5:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
Dipo, yes. they are sisters

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 7:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think with the silicone injections the fear is that if they start messing with them they will start dispersing throughout the body and might cause more damage than they are now. Besides, one of them sat directly on a nerve and if there were any issues her face might be damaged.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Roxip I got the one sitting on the nerve.

I just don't understand what the silicone does that causes so many problems and why they haven't figured out a way to contain or suck them out. It's one of those things that I always wonder why our modern medicine hasn't figured out.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 11:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, Naja, I agree it was a trick, a bad one. I couldn't/didn't watch it because RuPauls voice was hurting my ears (I don't remember that problem with Drag Race) and it didn't really seem that interesting to me.

So I went and watched my tape of Southern Charm, LOL. I was disappointed because I was into two hours of Botched and watching it live.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 12:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I was willing to give Good Work a chance, until I saw that Brandi Glanville was on it. One show with that woman is more than enough. Can't stand her!

Dipo, I think the problem with the silicone is that it was in globs in her face and breasts. If they start messing with it, there's no guarantee that they can get it all and any trace amounts could disperse through the bloodstream and cause even worse problems. The stuff that was injected into her wasn't done by a professional, so who knows what it was. The doctors likened it to "bathroom caulking." Can't suck that up with a vacuum. What a shame.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I believe they said it was construction grade silicone. I think Terry said it was better to leave it until it created a problem like imflammation. They said even the double mastectomy was no guarantee that disturbing it could cause serious issues infection and even death. What she described happening was terrible. I wonder if this is what happened to the woman's mother in RH Miami.

I'd like to see that woman's chin after 6 months of healing, i think she'll be pretty happy and not as self conscious.

I only saw a bit of the previews but it seems like there are "celebrities". I hope they keep a balance

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I could only manage watching the talk show for 15 minutes. I couldn't take it. Between RuPaul and the Sofia wannabe, my ears were hurting. Oh goodness was that show awful.

Peeper

06-14-2004

Wednesday, April 15, 2015 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Peeper a private message Print Post    
I was very sad that they could not help Rajee(?). She had such a wonderful personality I was hoping for a transformation for her.

I have to say that I am with you Naja. I could only watch about 10 minutes of "Good Works'. It was completely ridiculous the way they would show a picture of a star, pick at the star's plastic surgery, and then throw a bunch of compliments in about the star in case they offended anyone. Also that Sandra girl was useless. not sure why she was on the show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 9:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New show tonight.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 9:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
ooh, these are yucky surgery ones tonight. I have to cover my eyes, LOL.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 9:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Belly button cheese!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 21, 2015 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
This little diva boy is a little tooooo much, LOL.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 6:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He weirded me out and I finally figured out he must have been wearing blue contacts, which always look unnatural to me with people who have brown eyes (although I could be wrong about his normal eye color but those eyes were so strange!). Plus he did look a little like Pinocchio.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Wednesday, April 22, 2015 - 4:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
I wasn't surprised that they didn't help the guy who's had all the surgeries. They usually only like to show people who've had botched procedures and make them look normal again. They usually shy away from people who seem to be addicted to surgery.

I've noticed this season, they don't seem to be showing as much of the procedure on camera as they used to--which is just fine with me! I don't want to see the blood and the cutting, but like to see the before and after stuff. I love that they restore their patients' self esteem. In that way, this is really a "feel good" show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, April 27, 2015 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
My listings show it trying to trick me into recording that awful talk show again tomorrow.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What is up with that 15 minute preview show they do? And then you find out that instead of it being a whole show it is just a promo, and then it is the Kardashians. Are the Kardashians ratings down so they are trying to get more people to watch?

Cablejockey

12-26-2001

Tuesday, April 28, 2015 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
There wasa
a marathon on this weekend and I have to say this show is both compelling and repelling! I am shocked at how many people--mostly women--who have so much money to waste on this kind of surgery to hang onto their so called looks! They can only identify themselves by unlined faces and huge breasts--so sad. And the surgical scenes are so bloody and the way the dr shoves those instruments thru them is horrifying! Horror movies with fake vlood flying around dorsnt bother me, but this show has me covering my eyes like no horror flik ever has!