TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 14, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Medical Reality Shows: Botched on E!: Archive through April 14, 2015 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Did anyone catch this last night? I think it is a really good show. Paul Nassif, (ex-hubby of Adrienne from HWofBev Hills) and Terry Dubrow (husband of Heather from HWofOrangeCounty) are both plastic surgeons.

The Janice Dickenson show was amazing, she was totally out of it from the drugs, but they kept her on track and wouldn't let her have more. She said later that she doesn't really remember the week.

And last night it was great to see them help people, as well as tell some that they needed to work on a few things before they could do the corrective surgery.

Apparently they are only wanting to do corrections, and they try to make sure the people don't have body transmogrification (I think that is the right word) since then the person will never be happy.

I felt really bad about the woman with the bad butt surgery, that was really awful, but they were right to have her work on the therapy first.

Great show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
What happened with the Korean lady who had surgery to Westernize her eyes. I never saw the outcome. Yes, good show!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
They didn't do the surgery on her eyes. I think they said if they did the surgery, she would not be able to close her eyelids. (I was drifting off so if this is incorrect as to why they didn't work on her eyelids, someone please correct me.)

The person that really needed to see a shrink was the guy in the first episode who had already had 132 surgeries. He transformed himself into a freak show. Good for Dr. Paul and Dr. Terry for not doing surgery on him.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 4:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I agree, but I think he needs to go under the knife one more time to make him look less cartoonish. His butt implants leave me scratching my head. Why would anyone want butt implants especially a man.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I am enjoying the show also. They are both great doctors and I like them better than their wives or former wife in Dr. Nassif case.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 9:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I like the show too. They are really funny and the one doctor and Janice Dickerson were hilarious together.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 09, 2014 - 10:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I missed the Janice one, they screwed around with this and my PVR recorded Escape Club instead.

The guy that had all those surgeries I've seen before on some show about people who want to look like dolls, I think he wants to be Ken. Some of these patients really do go too far. The only one that they helped that I really could not see much difference on was the transgendered lady, her boobs and nose looked the same to me and I couldn't comment on the other surgery, lol.

The butt implants boggle my mind, I'd be happy to spread the wealth in that department.
I do like both Paul and Terry and they seem very caring and interested in the cases.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The transgender person's nose at least looked down instead of being pug like a little pig! That was a definite improvement.

The first show I watched they had a woman on who had been in a car accident and who had 7 nose surgeries to try and restructure her nose - they made a significant difference in her appearance. They also had another woman on who had overly large implants and they were a hot mess! They were finally able to talk her into smaller implants and they were positioned properly and she was much improved.

Amchess

08-26-2002

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Amchess a private message Print Post    
I like the show too. What about the butt implants that both flipped upside down! I don't remember why - put in backwards or some mistake made in the initial surgery?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That was just weird. Apparently they were also in the wrong place.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 11:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am so glad the doctors refused to operate on Bieber boy. There is something wrong in his head. I felt a little bad for him when he was singing because he thinks he sounds good. I was embarrassed for him.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He was just embarrassing - and honestly didn't look like the Bieb at all to me. There are lots of young boys who have bangs - and they didn't fork out $100,000 for plastic surgery. He didn't appear to be very bright and obviously his parents have more money than they have sense.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
His money... he can whatever he wants with it... but seriously!!!! How old was the Bieber guy last night?? And he's trying to look like 18 year old Bieber. Doesn't the guy realize that the Biebs is getting older???? Maybe someday he'll come out of his Bieber-coma and slap himself silly!! Oh well, to each his own!!!

And the woman who had her tummy tuck in Tijuana!!!! No anesthesia.. only iced her up!!! I would have run out of there screaming!!!

I find this show fascinating!!! Love the doctors.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, July 14, 2014 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
He was either near or at 30 from what I remember.

Yes, I told my daughter that if she ever had plastic surgery to NOT go to Tijuana and if she saw somebody coming at her with a block of ice to run like hell!

That one doctor gets so tickled that he cracks me up...that one night talking about his obsession with boobies - so funny!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Tuesday, July 15, 2014 - 10:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Watched this show for the first time on Sunday. I liked it and found it interesting. I know someone who had a facelift in Mexico and I asked her how could she trust someone to give her anesthesia there. She's fine and she got good results. Personally I thought she was crazy to go to Mexico.
The woman with her VJJ right below her belly button was a real surgical mishap. I feel that if people can't afford to go to a reputable Dr. they should just live with what they have.
The Bieber look alike guy was just crazy. He will never look like the Bieber.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, July 16, 2014 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
I like that the doctors are showing the ethical side of plastic surgeons. In the 2nd episode, the one where the lady's butt implant could be flipped. She admitted to the doctors that she had body dysmorphia and they declined to do her surgery until she received therapy... because they believed that regardless how good the surgery results she would not be satisfied.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
"BOTCHED REUNION: SHOW & TELL"
is going to be airing in 2 parts on October 26 & 27.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 21, 2014 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Cool. I've missed this show. The lengths people go to change their bodies amazes me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 01, 2015 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I was watching a documentary about the 80s band "Quiet Riot" this weekend, and found out Dr. Terry Dubrow is the brother of the late Kevin Dubrow. Kevin Dubrow was a band member of Quiet Riot, and died from a cocaine overdose in 2007. Dr. Terry was in the documentary talking about Kevin.

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Wow. Interesting bit of trivia, Naja. I also found out after I started watching this show that Dr. Terry's wife starred in one of my favorite early 2000's TV shows, That's Life. Loved that show!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, February 03, 2015 - 1:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
She was in Stark Raving Mad as well, which I really liked.

I remember Terry mentioning his brother some seasons back on the show. I don't remember the context but he was emotional and bringing him up was more as a cautionary tale. (I think)

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 2 starts April 14 :-)

Babyjaxmom

10-20-2002

Monday, March 16, 2015 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Babyjaxmom a private message Print Post    
Yay! Thanks, Naja! I wonder if this show is still in my DVR? Sometimes I delete things I don't think are coming back. I actually enjoy this show. It's not so sensational, but is more about helping people look more "normal" who've had messed up surgeries. I love that they refuse to do the giant boobs and crazy stuff.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
It's back tonight!!! 2 hours show.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, April 14, 2015 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I am almost positive the second hour is actually the premiere of a talk show about plastic surgery.