TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 30, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Southern Charm: Archive through March 30, 2015 users admin

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
I don't have access to the internet much anymore but since today I do, I thought I'd quickly come on here to see what everybody else thinks of this new Bravo-spun show. I'm very surprised there's no thread started (I think) because I'm loving this show to pieces. It's about the lives of 6 Charleston well to do folks, 2 females and 4 males. Next week is the season finale so I'm pretty sure they'll have a marathon if anybody wants to catch it.

Txhazeleyes

02-12-2008

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Txhazeleyes a private message Print Post    
Oops, Moderator, this probably should be listed under reality tv shows.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Moved and bumped to the top! :-)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Txhazeleyes this show cracks me up. I just don't quite know what to make of it, LOL. I think that Kathryn really stepped in it last night on two levels. Number 1, she admitted they are not using protection and she wouldn't mind having a child. Number 2, she was not honest about the 3 guys in 3 weeks.

From what I can gather she went with Shep, then Whitney and finally settled on Thomas. I just can't figure out if she is just a gold digger or really wants to get married. I think she comes from a prominate family so I am not thinking she needs his money, maybe just his prestige, although I get the distinct impression he is not highly thought of outside his immediate circle.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 2:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I love the show. Cameran is so awesome! She got married last weekend.

I think Kathryn and Thomas are perfect for each other and I believe they will stick together for the long term.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Thomas and Kathryn's baby, Kensington was born on March 24th. They are very much still together.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, April 16, 2014 - 1:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Oh my, thanks Jenjackso.

Oh and where do you find this information? Everytime I try to find stuff I fail, LOL.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I had read it on another message board and there was no link so I Googled their names on Google news and it came up in a news article with pictures.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I am watching the reunion show, these people are amazing. Andy asked Shep if he uses birth control and he said no I assume they do. Has he never heard of an STD!!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 2:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Goodness, do young women these days think it is okay to be "kept" by men, that is sort of what it sounded like when Jenna was talking about her "boyfriend".

And Kathryn is coming on the show, looks like her hair isn't red anymore, probably due to her pregnancy, and when this was filmed, her baby was only 1 month old.

I think she looks a lot better as a redhead.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, April 29, 2014 - 3:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
So Kathryn and Thomas got back together the day after they filmed the finale.

Kristylovesbb

09-14-2000

Sunday, May 04, 2014 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kristylovesbb a private message Print Post    
I love the show!

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 12:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
It sounded like Jenna makes her own money so I wouldn't say that she is a "kept" woman but really, there is nothing wrong with being a kept woman if that is what she wants.

I love these people. I think Shep does use birth control because he was certain that Kathryn couldn't be pregnant with his baby. I think he is being sarcastic for TV's sake.

Hope this show is renewed, I love these people and I love the relative lack of shouting. Even when they disagree they don't seem to be like the Real Housewives.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 8:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Love them! Hey, they use some big words, forsake the words "" and "ho", speak in complete sentences, and are conversant in various topics. Plus, they dress nicely, Dare we hope for a renewal?

Ark

07-09-2001

Monday, May 05, 2014 - 8:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ark a private message Print Post    
I am so ashamed to say that I can't get enough of this show.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Ok, have you guys seen that this started up again? Kathryn and Thomas got back together once it was determined she was pregnant. If you aren't using protection what do you think will happen, LOL. They have a beautiful baby girl and he sold his house in town and bought something out in the country, which I don't quite get but I am sure we will hear about everything this season.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, Patricia....she just amazes me. "I don't really care if he is serial killer as long as he can make a good martini".

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, March 26, 2015 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thomas dinner...Kathryn looks like she doesn't wear makeup anymore, she used to look so much more dramatic. She looks better in the confessionals than on the actual show, she needs to take the tips from the makeup artists. I think maybe it is because she needs to darken her eyebrows a little.

She did look a little "dumpy", she needed to rethink that outfit for dinner.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Friday, March 27, 2015 - 9:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I am watching. For some reason I really like this show.

I think Thomas sold his house in town and they moved to his plantation home which has been in his family forever.

I agree about Kathryn's looks. In her confessionals she looks pretty and then you see her on the show looking old and frumpy. Who knew someone 21 could look 30 yrs. older.

I hope Thomas does not marry Kathryn. The two of them are just not a fit. She is very insecure probably, stemming from her age.

Looks like rough times ahead for Craig. A drinking, partying problem?

Love the charm of Charleston. I have never been, but I am adding it to my list of places I would like to vacation.

Dillybean

08-14-2010

Friday, March 27, 2015 - 3:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dillybean a private message Print Post    
This show seems so calm compared to the rest of Bravo's shows. Southern fighting is much more refined....lol. The only one I'm not crazy about is Whitney (I think that's his name, Patricia's son). He seems a bit smarmy to me.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
This is my first season watching this show, so I have a quick question.

I get such a bitchy vibe from Kathryn. Is it just me, or is she a stark-raving ? I think Thomas is hilarious - I don't get how he hooked up with Kathryn. They are polar opposites.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 12:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OH Lexiegirl you should have seen her before the baby, she was quite the vixen. Very sexy, very open, very friendly. She sort of hit the scene and worked her way through the guys until she found the one she wanted, who I guess was Thomas.

She didn't used to be so needy or show so much jealousy, but since she has had the baby she seems very insecure.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I had to LOL when they said she looked like Mrs. Doubtfire at the dinner celebration.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 12:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
She reminds me of someone from a reality show... can't remember her name or the name of the show, just that I didn't like her.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Monday, March 30, 2015 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
She did look really frumpy at that dinner. I think she is still self conscious about her weight gain and is not back to her normal self. She has a lot of really cute clothes and shoes, I guess she didn't realize that once you have a baby you don't get to party like you used to.

Plus she isn't dying her hair, I guess, because she it's not as red as it used to be.