TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 27, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Challenge - Rivals: Archive through January 27, 2015 users admin

Cnicm

06-01-2005

Friday, November 14, 2014 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cnicm a private message Print Post    
Just saw this... So sad... So young...prayers for her friends and family and CT...

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, November 15, 2014 - 3:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
CT & Diem had started the latest Challenge but she left due to health issues. She was so determined. Prayers to CT & the rest of her family.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, November 15, 2014 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Oh my gosh! I just read last week about her cancer coming back and she was getting treatment.

Poor thing...such a long fight against cancer.

My prayers and thoughts are also with her, her family and friends. RIP, Diem. You fought the good fight.

Shenanagon

07-28-2009

Sunday, November 16, 2014 - 12:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shenanagon a private message Print Post    
So sad to hear this news.

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Monday, November 17, 2014 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
RIP Diem

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 8:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
and Ryan Knight dies at 29

"Knight" from RW back to New Orleans - Jemmye's ex

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Saturday, November 29, 2014 - 5:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
So I started to each RW pretty consistently the fourth season - got caught up with the first three with all the reruns - and kept watching until Austin/key west/Brooklyn - I think DC was my last season watching any and that was because I worked blocks away from where they filmed and that didn't hold me at all. I also watch most RRs and the challenges up until the first fresh meat (unless the island was after that) so I did know Diem - with the news of her death I started binge watching all the challenges available on Amazon. It looks like I am now on Rivals II, which had Diem after her second bout of cancer. And with all these challenges, I immediately love the people I always enjoyed and despise, well the people most of us don't like. And have gotten to know a few of the newbies - like Knight, who I may not have liked watching but totally wouldn't want anything like this to happen to him. It will be interesting when they play battle of the Exes 2, to see how much editing they did/kept of Diem and CT, before they had to leave. Hard month for the MTV family.

If you haven't seen past challenges lately, they are worthwhile (except battle of the Seasons) if you can access them for free anywhere like amazon or another site.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Thursday, December 04, 2014 - 1:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
The new season will start January 6th- the season is going to be dedicated to Diem and Ryan. There will also be a tribute show to Diem next Tuesday (12/9)

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/12/04/the-challenge-battle-of-the-exes-premiere-diem-brown-special/

Jbw

08-14-2006

Tuesday, December 30, 2014 - 4:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jbw a private message Print Post    
The tribute show dedicated to Diem is available for free view on the MTV website:

http://www.mtv.com/shows/challenge-battle-of-the-exes-2/the-challenge-we-heart-diem/1733034/playlist/#id=1733034

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 5:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Just a reminder - the Challenge battle of the Exes 2 started this week - catch reruns online or on TV.

How many are watching just to see the moment Diem has to leave the show. Sad but that is how people are - even if to say goodbye through our TVs.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I didn't know she had to leave the show.

It was hard watching her and CT, they seem to fit so well and were so cute together.

Monkou

05-09-2011

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 11:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Monkou a private message Print Post    
I agree with you Karuuna. I think that they loved each but there was something that just kept them from each other. Diem will always have a place in DJ's heart. He will never forget her.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Friday, January 09, 2015 - 4:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Yeah, she had to leave in the middle of the show for medical reasons and CT had to go home too I think. I don't think anyone knew about the third bout of cancer until that happened.

ETA: it's a bit ironic that a show filmed some of the last activity of TWO people.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Wednesday, January 14, 2015 - 10:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Just a heads up - Diem starts to get sick at the end of ep 2 and I suspect will be evacuated in ep 3 (next week) but unsure of how long it actually took (so maybe drawn out into ep 4???)

Zippy

07-03-2011

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
It is very sad to watch Diem get sick and her suffering in pain. Ct is so sweet with her and my heart hurts for him knowing she passes away.

I am sad watching Knight also. I imagine it is sad for all of the cast members to watch this season, seeing their friends. It is just sad all around and sure makes the arguing over petty things seem so trivial in comparison.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, January 15, 2015 - 10:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Totally agree zippy

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 10:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was reading some about the end of her left and I guess CT proposed a few days before she died (she turned him down... twice).

I think he really loved her, and wanted to be with her every moment until the end, but there seems to be some doubt from the family and a little dislike toward him.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Friday, January 16, 2015 - 11:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Karuuna, it really makes me wonder what CT did that would have Diem's family dislike him so much. It seems like he was very sweet and caring towards her and if he was there for her the last few months (which it seems like he was) isn't that what mattered in the end? She went to heaven knowing how much he cared for her.

I don't know really.....we only know what little we saw/read, but CT always stuck me as truly caring for Diem.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
Well I am happy they didn't drag it out too long. What a final sound byte for the producers to play from Diem. Tear jerker indeed.

On a much lighter note, after SEVERAL years I am watching the real world again this season and for the first time I understand when people say they watch tv just for entertainment. Totally insane season but such a train wreck you can help at laughing out loud watching how it plays out twist by twist. (Hook up with a roommate, EX #1 shows up the next day, then the following day (or two) EX #2 shows up. The producers are pulling out all the stops this season.)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 23, 2015 - 10:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Zippy, I think CT did care for her, but I think the family (and maybe Diem) never really got over the rockiness of their first relationship.

He was there for her for quite a bit of time, but then the story goes that she sent him home, because his "energy" wore her out.

I do think had she lived they might have worked it out, but he had to do some growing up first.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Friday, January 23, 2015 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuuna, that is some interesting info regarding Ct and the family that I didn't know.

I just find it all so sad. She was so young and fought so hard.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, January 23, 2015 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Zippy, I do too. As I noted earlier, it was almost unbearable seeing how adorable they were together the first 2 episodes... and knowing how it all turned out.

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Sunday, January 25, 2015 - 5:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
There were times Diem annoyed me on challenges but my heart broke when I heard she passed, what a little fighter she was..right until the end. Feel so sad so young and so many dreams unanswered. I always thought she brought the best out of CT

Dawn

07-24-2009

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
CT was a wild child and had a temper. I'm sure Diem's family was just concerned about her having a relationship with someone like that and was likely hard to get past especially since they were so on again-off again. The CT before and without Diem is a whole lot different than the CT with Diem.

I have no doubt they probably would have gotten married if she wouldn't have passed.

Dawn

07-24-2009

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
Legalboxer - I agree with you about the real world. I stopped watching it for many many years until last season where they started this ex stuff and bringing people in to cause drama. It's good trashy entertainment for sure!