TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 27, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through January 27, 2015 users admin

Annie

08-15-2009

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 7:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
I am SO rooting for Jamie and Doug. I sorta want spoilers, but I'm afraid to hear them in case it's not what I want to hear.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I thought she was sort of hard on him about the cigarette lie. She may be a little difficult.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
I agree that Jamie totally overreacted about Doug's little white lie. As he said, it was like she flipped a switch! And I brace myself when Jamie reflects on her childhood; it appears she has lived a horrible one, she just looks so pained when she talks about it. Breaks my heart. Doug is so good with her!

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
It wasn't about the cigarette, it was about the lie *and* swearing on his mother's life (that he was telling the truth).

If he's willing to so easily adamantly lie & deny about something like a cigarette, what about the real stuff? I don't blame her, it's a huge red flag.

I chalked it up to his huge fear of losing Jamie & willingness to do anything to keep her. I think Doug probably has his share of faults but I think he's the best match for Jamie. I think she (& I) fear her choices in men. She never would have given Doug a chance & I was shocked she even went through with the wedding. I think they really have the best chance of a happy life together. I hope so at least.

I think the other 2 couples have a good chance if they hang through the hard part & fully give themselves to the process, but the men both seem to be unwilling.

I don't understand why the EMT signed up for this process with his plans to have no time for another for the next year & having a deadly ill mother that will probably need much more of his time. I guess that when he sees that she has hung with him for the next year, he may finally open up to her. I fear though that his mother may die without meeting his wife. I'm surprised the mother isn't adamant about meeting his wife, I wonder if she even knows about the marriage & if not, that's a very bad sign.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Saturday, September 06, 2014 - 11:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
If Doug had admitted smoking there would be something else. It would have been about the betrayal of taking the cigarette. My husband never lied about when he smoked, he lied about when he drank, but that was no going to fly, so he stopped lying. note to everyone. never lie about drinking when you are drunk because YOU are DRUNK!. duh.

he never lied again for 20 years until he lied about his affair - now people said how odd it was because he admitted other things. but nope, he saved it up for something important and his affairs were all he ever lied about at the end.

BUt what he did that was worse than lying was the passive aggressive language that Jamie uses when she "doesn't" talk about the lie but talks about it constantly. So many insults to Doug and his family. Yes it is scary, but the reason she was matched up with him was because she wanted a man with a close family, she got what she asked for just like Monet got a traditional man.

The problem likes with the matchers, you should not take people's words for what they want but see what they really want. they did not do that.

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Monday, September 08, 2014 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I really like this show as well.

So, what I want to know in regards to Doug's lie is what actually brought it about? We actually didn't see the argument or the line of questioning, and more importantly HOW she questioned him. I'm not excusing the lie, it was stupid and I believe he did it out of fear - BUT I have to wonder if she was rude/mean/accusatory towards him which put him on the defense to begin with?!

I don't know, just my thoughts. I really like them together, but I don't see her staying. He would in a heartbeat.

I really like Courtney and Jason too - I hope they stick it out!

I tend to think that Monet and Vaugn deserve each other. I'm glad she finally admitted to getting what she asked for. Not that he's a peach, but he is a "traditional" man in a marriage.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, September 09, 2014 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
What brought the lie out is that he went cold turkey on the wedding day to quit smoking. He still tasted of cigarettes when they kissed later on. I imagine there is a great deal of stress in their relationship, so no surprise that he would slip. If he admitted it, she would reject him for smoking because she clearly said she did not want a man that smoked. so he lied and she rejected him for lying.

so.. anyone see tonight
s show? It felt so just sort of decided to me. No great surprise, but planning on falling in love? how weird.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 3:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
No real surprises for any of the three, so glad for those who decided to remain together. It is strange to hear them say they were working towards being in love. Look forward to the reunion show.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, September 10, 2014 - 9:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I, too, am looking forward to the reunion show. I thought this whole series was quite good. At times I did get frustrated with Jamie. I liked Doug so much for how well he handled everything. I actual think "the lie" and Jamie's reaction was ultimately good for both of them. I think they each learned something about themselves. I think Doug realized it was a stupid silly thing to do. I think Jamie realized that Doug was a good person and that she could trust herself to forgive and try again.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 4:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I can't wait til next week's 6 month later show. 6 weeks was not enough time to make that big of a decision. I wish Monet & Vaughan had given it more time and had worked together.

I am so happy for the other 2 couples.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 6:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think Jamie would be difficult. I'm going to bet her and Doug will not be together by the reunion.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, September 12, 2014 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
The finale turned out the way I thought it would. I didn't think Money/Vaughn would make it from the get go, the only thing they have going on seemed to be sex.

Was glad the other two stuck to it. Hope they both work out, I think Jamie will really benefit from being with Doug, and I really think the Courtney and Jackson are just the cutest. Hope it all goes well.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
I want to alert all that 'Married' series is back this Tuesday Jan 13 @ 9PM! It will cover the first year being married with Jamie & Doug, Courtney & Jason.

http://www.fyi.tv/

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 10:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Xoe. Should be interesting but I was hoping for a new group who get married at first sight. Are they going to have new couples too?

Robinm

01-31-2006

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Robinm a private message Print Post    
A new season of Marriage at First Sight starts soon, I saw advertisements for it last weekend. The one that starts on the 13th is Marriage at First Site The first Year. There will be new couples soon.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 1:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
Yes Lakecat, I recall the show recruiting new 'spouses' for a new season, but do not know of that premier date. If you find out something before I do Robin, kindly keep us posted. Huge props to whoever signs up for this, takes a very brave soul to actually go thru with this.

Also, check out Doug's Twitter, he is SOOOOO funny. Seems to be never a dull moment with that guy!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 3:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks. Looking forward to both shows.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Zoesox !

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Zoesox, what is doug's twitter account? I will follow him.

He needs all the help he can get, I swear, Jamie is hot to trot on the baby scene and she doesn't seem to feel that secure in her marriage yet.

Bummer that Courtney lost her job, that will put a big strain on their marriage, and how long is this fire training. I don't remember the guys across the street at the fire training center looking like they had been killed and then brought back to life, LOL.

Not really interested in the other couple that got divorced.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 20, 2015 - 7:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Because of Jamie's upbringing she has some odd ideas about family. I think you can get to know your inlaws in less than a year, but maybe it takes that long for her to feel comfortable.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Don't hold me to it but I *thought* I heard that the new season (with new couples) of Married starts in March. I was surprised that it started so soon.

I thought "the first year" was a special, I didn't realize at first that it was a new series.

I understand Jamie is getting older & concerned about the viability of her eggs & wants a child soon but she skipped the dating/getting to know you process, she needs to wait til he's ready or she'll end up being a single mom (married or otherwise)

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 4:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Yep, Wilwillbee, there is a new season starting in March with new "marrieds". I think this is just season 2 of the original show.

Agree about Jamie.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, January 22, 2015 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Jamie seems to be a hand full.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I swear, Courtney is not employed, why isn't that house organized and all their stuff put away? I can't believe they are living in such a disaster, no wonder her life seems so out of control.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, January 27, 2015 - 7:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Jamie is only 28 so she should be able to wait a year or two and solidify her marriage before having a baby.