TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 12, 2015

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through January 12, 2015 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 28, 2014 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That flying monkey was so freaky! It really drew you in. I figured as the show went on that it would be Jason's swan song, it just wasn't good.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, September 02, 2014 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
What a great show! Love seeing some of my absolute favorite contestants back to assist the judges. (My dream team would have been Laura and Anthony...or Roy...or Connor!) The judges were really funny with some of their comments.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
yes, such a fun show! I wanted Ve to win, her rook was just perfect.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, September 03, 2014 - 10:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I, too, was hoping Ve would win. But, they were all fabulous.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 9:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Fun show for sure! I would have loved to just watch Ve do make up for hours....lol

Pamy

01-01-2002

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Ve was robbed! I thought the winning looks were horrible...it didnt even look finished between the eyes, it looked like a mistake and that red color on the silver, horrible!
Glenn was so nice and humble, complimenting everyone, I saw a different side to him, really liked him

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 04, 2014 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I used to really dislike Glenn, always so critical and full of himself, but he's definitely been a lot nicer in the last few seasons and was nothing but supportive last night. Maybe he's mellowed with age!

I think the bit between the eyes of the pawn was intentional, although I also kept thinking is it/isn't it meant to be that way. There were other cracks in the helmet thing that looked similar and were clearly intentional, so I think it was meant to be one of those.

Glenn's (Wade's) horse was beautiful as a carving, but as a costume it seemed a bit too much like a mask.

It was interesting the judges' judges didn't get to see and criticise the creations close up!

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 6:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Was watching Face Off last night and noticed something somewhat rare in reality competitions. The contestants get along. I did not see snarkiness or anything close. Most of these shows, except Top Chef and maybe a couple others, encourage the negative drama. I really enjoyed watching this instead of Ink Master.

Zippy

07-03-2011

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 7:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zippy a private message Print Post    
I was watching last weeks episode with Hubby, who had never seen the show. Carl he notice the same thing...how nice/supportive the contestants are to each other. It is nice to see for a change.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 15, 2014 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have always thought for the most part the contestants on Face Off have always been supporting of one another. This group is especially nice though - there isn't a single one of them that I feel would not be a worthy winner (I have to admit that Sasha was my least favorite so I wasn't unhappy to see her go).

So do you think somebody else pulls their molds when they have to leave? Many times it seems that they run their foam latex at the end of the day and when they arrive the next day it is sitting on their work tables?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, October 16, 2014 - 10:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I've been wondering all season about the moulds. Sometimes it looked like they were already done but I wasn't sure if it was just editing. This last episode Stella ended one day just putting her thing into mould, and then we saw her enter the room next morning and say "first thing I saw was my sculpt" (pp) and there it was on the table. Someone else definitely takes them out of their moulds.

I think it's a good thing, and realistic, I mean if they were working for a studio the person who does design and application isn't also going to do the "grunt work" but it is definitely a change from how they used to do it a few seasons ago.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
...or else they have always done this before and we just never saw it! I agree. With the time constraints they put on them (I suspect if they were working in a real makeup lab they would frequently pull all-nighters) there has to be some give and take.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think we used to actually see them take the foam out of the moulds, and also they didn't have to get the mould ready by that first night, sometimes they wouldn't have done it and would be rushed the next day. I think it's changed. Or they were very secretive in how they showed it before!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, October 17, 2014 - 7:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Plus the costuming gets done for them now.. Didn't they used to have to do their own sewing?

I didn't like George's last night. I was surprised how much they liked it.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, October 19, 2014 - 8:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think I remember hearing in the past (perhaps in Anthony's season) that they give ideas to a costuming department and most of their costumes are made for them based on those ideas...but at times it really doesn't match what was their original vision - which in their time constraints can be a huge problem.

Panda

07-15-2005

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Finale tonight!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 28, 2014 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Some excellent creatures tonight! Well deserved winner. Have more to say later, I don't want to spoil...

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 6:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
That was a fantastic finale! The clash of the Knights was very exciting and well done. And good for Dina, a very deserving winner her knights seemed like they had twice the work that the others did, all thought they were good as well, hers just read better, especially that dark knight. It was awesome.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 10:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I thought she did great, congrats to her!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 10:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It was a hard one to judge I should think. I think Cid (?blanking on name) blew it by making the white knight red, but the other two, Dina had two amazing but separate make ups and Drew had two good make ups that worked perfectly together, which was more like the challenge specified. In other weeks I think Drew might have won the week because his pair matched the challenge, but as this was the final and overall Dina was definitely the best, I am very glad she won.

I'm surprised Cid(?) and Dina didn't make pairs that worked better together, there have been quite a few challenges from the past where the judges have stressed they should look like a pair. They didn't say it explicitly this time but I thought it was implied because the knights were from the same world.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
And, again, I loved that the guys helped them. I wish other shows had contestants like this show does. I wonder if it is because in this field, you have to be able to work as a team?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 29, 2014 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, and if they stay in the profession they might need to work with the same people.

They are promoting a big twist for the beginning of the next season, starting January. I like the show as it is!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
This starts next Tuesday on Space

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 08, 2015 - 9:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It should be a great season. I don't know whose team to cheer for. I really liked both Laura and Anthony.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, January 12, 2015 - 4:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Laura is my absolute favorite. I think she is tops in the combination of talent, niceness, brains.