TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Relationships: Married At First Sight on FYI (formerly the Biography channel): ARCHIVES: Archive through August 26, 2014 users admin

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 12:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Pam2uall
10-25-2006

Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 8:11 am

Has anyone been watching the new reality program "Married at First Sight" on the FYI network? It first premiered on July 8. Two episodes have now been shown. However, there are repeats galore. It is a social experiment that is basically a modern day take on arranged marriages. People have been screened, interviewed, and analyzed by all kinds of experts. Then the experts paired certain couples they believe are marriage matches. The first time the couple meet is at the marriage alter. Question is how many will go through with it. Apparently, it is a legal, binding marriage. If after 4 weeks of marriage, the couple/couples want a divorce, it is granted.

I usually enjoy watching different social experiments, and this one, so far, I find intriguing.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, July 17, 2014 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I thought it was interesting that the one gal seemed to be kind of shallow in that she was only judging the guy by the fact she wasn't immediately attracted to him (the dark haired girl).

Couple #2, the blonde girl and her guy seemed like they might actually make it based on this very initial showing.

Couple #3, the African-American couple seemed like a really good match but the previews make me think they may not make it without some real help in learning how to communicate with each other.

All in all it is a very interesting concept and I am intrigued to see how it goes.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Friday, July 18, 2014 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Dipo for the info; also I had not realized that the Biography Channel's name had changed.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 18, 2014 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched it, but the girl that got married in the first episode (Jamie) was on the Bachelor so she's still looking for her 15 minutes of fame.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Friday, July 18, 2014 - 10:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Really, that is so funny because I thought she looked familiar. I don't really watch the bachelor but I do check out the thread here. When was she on it? I wonder if this was after her time on that show.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Friday, July 18, 2014 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
She was on the Bachelor a couple of years ago - during Ben's season.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
She was also part of a big controversy in "Bachelor Pad" - Chris Bukowski totally played her

http://hollywoodlife.com/2012/08/16/jamie-otis-bachelor-pad-chris-bukowski-relationship-interview/

Jamie Otis, has vied for love before on reality TV in both "The Bachelor" and "Bachelor Pad."

And according The Hollywood Gossip, the new show is based off of a Danish show. In that version, two of the three couples are still together after their arranged marriage, so just maybe there's hope.

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/07/08/married-at-first-sight-show-causing-controversy-already/20927147/?ModPagespeed=noscript

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 10:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I knew she looked familiar! (Jamie) Now, it makes me wonder just how much of a true social experiment vs scripted reality this show will be. Bummer.

Before this, my first impressions were:
1. Jamie and her guy were ultimately going to stay together.
2. I hoped the couple that had the almost instant attraction worked out.
3. I was concerned for the 3rd couple almost right away. He strikes me as being way too military like. I know she says she wants a man's man; but, we will see. Also, in the preliminary information being gathered from each couple, he clearly said he wanted someone who could cook, and she clearly said she could not cook. On the wedding day even, he again said something about hoping she could cook. I think this may be a huge deal for the couple. I know she can learn to cook; but, there is the possibility that she might not want to learn to cook. Plus, some of us just are not gifted with the ability to cook well.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Saturday, July 19, 2014 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Lexie_girl stated:
I haven't watched it, but the girl that got married in the first episode (Jamie) was on the Bachelor so she's still looking for her 15 minutes of fame.

I didn't know Jamie was on the Bachelor or Bachelor Pad, but I recognized her from some of the ER shows that are on tv, showing real ER's.

When she was on those, she worked in the Emergency Room. I really liked her personality. Some of these were older so it may have been pre-Bachelor.

It says now she's a nurse in Labor & Delivery. I felt she would have been better matched with fireman.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 1:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I hate to say this but Jamie is much much more attractive than Doug. If looks are important to her, I don't see them making it. I know TPTB did that on purpose to make it more interesting.

Annie

08-15-2009

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 3:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Annie a private message Print Post    
I watched both episodes today On-Demand and truly believed a lot of scientific tests, examinations and psychological background checks were really performed. Now that I read Jamie has been on multiple reality shows I feel like such a chump! I am, obviously, far too trusting and believe too easily. Finding out she is a serial Reality-ist disappoints me, for sure. that's right.. I said reality-ist. LOL

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 4:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, this is a chance thing. The shows get played as well. You have to figure most people attracted will be reality junkies. I wonder what they get, besides an appearance fee.
I watched all the so far episodes yesterday. I didn't see any reason for people to do this. I was amazed at the accepting families. I predict no one will stick just because, they may become friends though.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, July 20, 2014 - 4:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
It doesn't bother me that Jamie was a previous reality star, I suppose she's still looking for love.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 12:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
So happy to see a thread for this show! I was hooked at the first episode & look forward to it each week. The View had a mention that the 3 couples are on next week, did not specify which day. I also thought Jamie would be fixed up with the firefighter, braced myself for when she was about to meet Doug as he is not the best looking guy (the other ladies got good looking men). I felt SO bad for him when she cried after the wedding. But man, he is so silly, I'd be giggling all the time around him! His Twitter is hilarious. Next week looks like we go to his parent's house where he lives. D'oh!

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I must say, that was one heck of a lip lock Jamie laid on Doug. I thought it was very cute when she was whispering to the camera that he didn't know that she likes him. That made me smile.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 2:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
So glad Jamie now likes Doug.
The only couple I am thinking won't stay married are Monet and Vaughn; hopefully I am wrong. Love her hair and can relate when she told him to embrace her night scarf for hair and his smile is gorgeous. Just can't remember who he reminds me of.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
He reminds me of somebody too, hopefully he's not some two bit actor we can not place. I have a feeling she may be a little difficult.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 9:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Did anyone see the girls from this show on The View? I'm assuming this is a current show of The View but the girls said the weddings took place on March 23. They all were still wearing their rings.

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I have the View on DVR so will check it out tonight & yes it was a new episode. I am having so much fun watching Jamie & Doug. I remember her from The Bachelor and thought she was a Fruit Loop. I now find her just adorable on this show, go figure. And I admire how far she has come from her difficult upbringing. I agree that Vaughn & Monet won't last. They both seem to have a stubborn streak in them, her more than him. He has some habits that most couldn't adjust to. What couple sits around on Sundays and not speak to each other as Vaughn wants to?? Cortney & Jason have a shot as well (as long as he can find time for her!) they make a super cute couple.
I am finding this show way more entertaining than The Bachelor, it is a TV appointment for me. I hope more seasons are ahead!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 5:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
Well, the show has been renewed. I think they were all wearing their rings due to contract, The reunion show will be taping soon, I have to see if I can get tickets.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I keep trying to catch this show, I did see the marriages and the moving into apartments, have they shown other stuff yet?

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 2:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Yes Dipo, the honey moon, now they are trying to make time for one another, next Tuesday the 6th episode airs.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 4:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I nearly fell off the chair laughing when the guy asked about a 3 way

Zoesox

05-11-2011

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 10:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zoesox a private message Print Post    
Still watching this, hoping for more of Doug & Jamie tonight! I thought the show would be over by now, looking forward to seeing if anybody stays together. I hope Doug & Jamie do, they seem really good together. I gave this show 10 mins. in the first episode & thought I'd walk away. But I SO look forward to it every Tuesday night. I think this 'experiment' has been fascinating to say the least & it appears they are casting for season 2. Yay!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I know Zoesox, I am curious to see how they all end up.

Sadiesmom, that was really funny, LOL, I wondered if he was just trying to get her to talk or was serious.