TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 26, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: America's Next Top Model - Cycle 16: Archive through August 26, 2014 users admin

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 7:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I think it's Marvin for the win. My least favorite is the long blonde haired girl that always complains about her horrible marriage at age 18. I've never heard why it was so bad. I haven't seen many good pics of her. And the judges scores are all over the place. I really think their social media score has very little to do with who wins because the judges can adjust their own scores the way they want to push someone forward or eliminate.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think Corey is the best too. He just embodies whatever the shot is. Marvin just bugs me. He stays even though his shots are not very good.

Lakecat, I agree. The judges scores are all over the place on Marvin and Chris's scores. I think Tyra knows all the scores before she determines her score. Then, someone just squeeks through. How else can you have a 6 and a 10 on the same photo.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
While I do agree that Chris' behavior and personality makes it seemingly impossible to get behind and want him to do well. I am hesitant to criticize him too much based on his upbringing. (Until I walk a mile in his shoes...) I can't imagine for an instant what it must have been like for him to grow up without experiencing his mother's love. Then when he turns 18... he comes home expecting a party or celebration of some sort but instead finds the house empty and a note from his mother telling him he's on his own... to get out. I think the reason he lacks empathy is no one has ever shown him any... until Nina. And it is/was unfortunate that he was able to be supportive of her.

For the win... Corey, I've liked from the beginning. I think he's an all around good guy... I like Marvin, but he's too immature. And for the girls... I wanted Nina... but as long a Jordan doesn't win I'll be happy. (I think the reason she said her marriage was so bad was because he was abusive, emotionally... in think.)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
My favorite comment from Jordan is that she led a sheltered life in a small town... She's from Bend, Oregon, which I know well... it is not a very sheltered environment at all. It could be considered a party town... mostly, it is a huge tourist town with skiing in the winter, boating, hiking etc in the summer. It is probably the 4th largest town in Oregon. When she said that she was sheltered growing up in Bend, I thought... wow.

Luvmom

10-17-2000

Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvmom a private message Print Post    
I actually couldn't be happier with the final 4. Cory needs to win this FIERCE FEUSHIA !!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Except that I think Tyra had Marvin was tagged from the beginning because, otherwise, how do you explain him still being there after some horrible photos. I love Cory too, but when he gets a 10 - 8 - 6, he's probably not going to win.... but I think hse should.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Glad Chris is finally gone. Cory would be my pick to win, pic and personality wise he seems more capable of handling the stress.

I am a little disappointed that she is auditioning both sexes for next season and I hope she changes up the judging again and dumps rob and the social media guy. And her tyraismsare getting tyred.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, November 02, 2013 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I hate the social media aspect of this show. It's too easy to get a good edit so that the audience likes you and therefore votes favorably on your pictures.
Dare I say the others were sort of hard on Chris? No he's not very like able but neither are some of the others. I could understand him distancing himself from Nina, she was so full of drama. Seems as if she was always crying. I'm hoping for a Marvin win but would be happy with Cory too. I have never liked Jordan.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 1:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I'm for a Cory win also.

I have no idea how this social media thing works, I've tried to find a link to the pics that people are voting on & have no clue where there are. I couldn't find the second chance pics. I guess I'm clueless.

I agree that getting a 6 & a 10 on the same pic is not right. I understand disagreements & a 6 & an 8 would be understandable but not a 10.

Renee had such an incredible runway walk, I would think she would do well but wasn't she fairly short for a model?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 03, 2013 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don't get how it works either. I tried to find the social media pics once and couldn't but didn't put much effort in it.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think this must be the link for the voting on ANTP's social media pictures and for making videos of yourself to critique the models, but this show isn't LIVE, not even the weekly eliminations....so all the voting had to have been done during filming, probably months ago.

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/antmvoting

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 1:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
At the link I just posted above, I clicked on "Additional Information" and found some info on when the voting occurred...

http://www.cwtv.com/thecw/antmvotinginfo

When can I vote?

Voting occurs during scheduled days between 2:00pm to 11:59pm Eastern Standard Time (11:00am to 8:59pm Pacific Standard Time.)

The following list of scheduled voting days are subject to change:

2/21/2013
2/24/2013
2/28/2013
3/3/2013
3/7/2013
3/10/2013
3/14/2013
3/17/2013
3/23/2013
3/26/2013
3/29/2013
4/1/2013"

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Monday, November 04, 2013 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
How can the public vote when the voting occurred months ago - sounds more like a focus group. Just doesn't sound quite right.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Saturday, November 09, 2013 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Can it be any more blatant that Marvin will win? I mean, they have girls versus guys, so a guy is probably going to win this. Poor Cory, Rob seems intent on crushing him. I like that Cory still has hold of what he is trying to accomplish.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I just have not seen "model" in anything that Jordan has done. Yes shes tall and skinny but I really have only seen one,maybe two good photos of her.I believe any of the other women were as good or better. I wish it was down to Cory and Marvin-but it wont be.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, November 10, 2013 - 5:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"How can the public vote when the voting occurred months ago - sounds more like a focus group. Just doesn't sound quite right."

I think even if one can figure out when the voting happens (months before it airs), it would spoil the actual series - you'd know who went home every week because you'd be judging the photos of the eliminated models who are hoping to get back in the competition.

Hmmmmmm...it just occurred to me that it is possible the social media people judging those photos may not know who was eliminated...they could be judging ALL the models every week without being told which ones are gone....but that wouldn't be fair because they could be judging an already eliminated model's photo and comparing it against a model that's still in the game. Sort of like voting in an election...if a candidate drops out and you don't know it, you are just throwing away your vote.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, November 15, 2013 - 6:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, I agree with you about Jordan. I want one of the boys to win.....don't care which one....I just don't want Jordan to win.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, November 15, 2013 - 6:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I hope someone will spoil for us West Coasters....please!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, November 15, 2013 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I found on another website -

Cory was eliminated. The Final 2 were Jourdan and Marvin. During the runway, Cory rocked it. Jourdan did really well too. Marvin was very stiff.

The winner is:
Jourdan

Rvon

12-11-2003

Friday, November 15, 2013 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Thanks for spoiling. I appreciate it very much, as now I won't bother watching this show.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, November 16, 2013 - 4:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I don't think it's fair that its a competition between a man and woman. Jordan's outfits were much more elaborate than the boys clothes so of course she is going to stand out more. Watching Laura from cycle 19 there is no comparison between she and Jordan. Laura is more modelesque. Tyra should choose a male winner and a female winner. Cory and Marvin will hopefully go far in Thier careers.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I was surprised that Marvin didn't win. He has that high-cheekboned, perfectly symmetrical "male model face".

They have done studies about why certain people are considered beautiful and it all boils down to facial symmetry.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, November 18, 2013 - 6:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Marvin has the 'look', but he just was not as good as Jourdan. I know that it probably killed Tyra that they didn't choose a male model. But, a lot of his photographs were not very good. And, he was not very good in the fashion show. Now, they should have kept Cory, who rocked everything.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 4:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Anybody watching the new season? It's going to take some getting use to with the girl with vitiligo. She's very pretty and poses well,but her skin condition is very distracting. Kudos to Tyra for seeing her beauty

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, August 26, 2014 - 9:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
It's quite fascinating how symmetrical it is though. Anyone I have know with that condition has usually had patches with no pattern. Hers seem to follow a pattern. She is memorable. I'll root for her if she makes it, she's a hometown girl.

I am happy to some extent to see Miss J back and I hope the social media guy does not reappear. It remains to be seen how they do their scoring. Kelly seemed in her usual fine form.

No one really stood out to me. Except for a couple of the guys, and for all the wrong reasons.