TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 20, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 20, 2014 users admin

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
As someone who suffers from anxiety disorder I can tell you that most of the time I am absolutely fine, no problems. HOWEVER, when the panic attacks come, without warning and entirely unwanted, I am paralyzed and want to do nothing but escape to some place safe and familiar.

I am blessed that over the years they now come fewer and farther between but there was a time in my life when I could not leave my house, leave my bedroom...even to walk to the end of my driveway to get the mail.

I have learned techniques to use when a panic attack begins to quell them, I have a wonderful spouse who understands and helps me.

Please don't judge someone because you don't think they "act" like they have an anxiety disorder. Unless you've ever had one you can not possibly relate.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Mispoufy Amen!

Denecee

09-05-2002

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 4:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
so, I really enjoyed the guy who has the "energy" friend since childhood. can't remember his name, but he did the chalk board thing. did anyone else think that was amazing?

loved the little boy singer, 12 yrs old and he sounded as good as Michael Jackson at that age

This is probably the best season I have ever watched, so much talent!

Florin

08-27-2006

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Florin a private message Print Post    
I also like the Willis Clan. They use to have a show on one of the cable channels. It was good to watch. The kids are all talented. I don't remember what year but they did preformed a bunch of shows at Disney World.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Meet the Contestants
http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/cast/season-9

Kristylovesbb

09-14-2000

Saturday, July 26, 2014 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kristylovesbb a private message Print Post    
This show is amazing this year....loving every minute of it!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 29, 2014 - 11:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Should advance imo = Emily West

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 8:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I loved that you could vote on google! You just google AGT then there's a box that comes up with all the contestants in it, and you allocate your 10 votes as you want. Really simple.

I wasn't wowed by many of the contestants last night. I gave eight votes to Miguel Dakota (the singer with the smile), one to Dan Naturman the comedian, and one to Flight Crew Jump Rope.

I thought some of the others were no doubt technically very difficult, but not that entertaining to watch. Like Valo & Bobby, I'm sure that's extremely dangerous but on tv it's kind of ~watch a lady go round and round up a pole~. Oh and JD Anderson, the strong man, totally messed up his middle act (where I presume he was meant to break the middle stack with his forehead and the other two with his fists) and the judges pretended it hadn't happened!

Also the show needs to fix the arrangement(?) on the singers, they were drowned out last night.

Misspoufy

09-30-2004

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 11:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Misspoufy a private message Print Post    
The lighting needs work as well. Sometimes the spots glared into the cameras blotting out the whole stage.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 7:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I thought Emily West sounded much like Jane Olivor -- who, I'd guess, most haven't heard. Check out Jane.

Disappointed the judges didn't choose jump rope act to go on. I just don't care for acts that are a bunch of kids. They may be talented, but often it's the cute factor that sends 'em on. No thanks.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Hmm, I have to find my old Jane Olivor CD's. I think she looks a little like Bette Middler.

I missed some of the selections. Could someone list the five who went through?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, July 30, 2014 - 8:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Emily West, Miguel Dakota, Dan Naturman, Baila Conmigo. Fifth may be David & Leeman.

What song did Emily sing?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 4:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Our choices:
David & Leeman (mind magic)
Emily West (singer)
Dan Naturman (comedian)
Jasmine (dance troupe)

Tired of singers. Wish they wouldn't allow them since there are already so many singing shows available (cough, Idol, Voice, etc).

We don't want more little kids running around the dance floor - kinda bugged us seeing so many all decked out like adults. Too busy on the stage, rather they just focused on the older dancers.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The dancers were too busy for me too. And I think they were only put through over the jump rope team because they had cute little ones. I thought the jump rope people were much more interesting.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 10:27 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Emily sang "Chandelier" which I never heard before

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I feel exactly the same about both.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, August 04, 2014 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I do like David and Leeman and Dan Naturman. I would have rathered the jump rope went over the dancers as well. I think Miguel Dakota is going to move along just on cuteness, but he should listen to what Howard said, I think he's on the money with his assessments.

Next week is going to be tough, there are a lot of good acts.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 06, 2014 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
This week was actually weak. Hard to pick 5 favorites.

Going through:
Andrey Moraru (balancing)
Aerial Animation (one of our picks)
Jaycob Curlee (boring young male singer, Miguel from last week is much better)
Mat Franco (magician - one of our top picks to win)
Judges pick Mara Justine over ActII as the 5th act to go through.

No surprises this week.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 3:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I would have preferred Loop Rawlins over Jaycob, he was blah.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, August 12, 2014 - 11:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They very often say what a great night it's been, but this really was a good night.

I wanted to vote for so many it was hard to share out the votes. In the end I voted for Blue Journey (the floor dancers), Cornell Bhangra, Kieran & Finian, Sons of Serendip and Adrian Romoff (eccentric pianist boy).

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 10:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
And....moving into the semi-finals from this week:

Sons of Serendip - musical quartet (not Cornell Bhangra - Bollywood dancers).
Blue Journey - dancers with cool background animation (not Kieran & Finian - singing brothers).
Paul Yheti - the exArmy singer (not Anna - the singer afraid to leave the house).
Funny bit with Taylor (the comedian who was 2nd place last year) & Heidi.
Piece with Kenichi (last year's winner) - "dancing" with a photoshopped Howie & Heidi on the screen behind him (which we all know is all him dancing).
Christian (balance act w/Scooby the little doggie) (not Wendy the comedian).
And at the end it was Acro Army vs Adrian Romoff (piano) vs Mike Super & "desmond" (magic). Eliminated was Adrian.
Judges choose .... Acro Army.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 10:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
First time that the ones going through weren't predictable, because there were so many good ones.

I was just happy Desmond didn't make it through.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, August 13, 2014 - 10:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I was very happy with all who made it through tonight. Also happy Wendy (the comedian) or Desmond did not make it through. I didn't think Wendy was that funny and I think they already have better magicians than Desmond.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Thursday, August 14, 2014 - 5:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
The judges raved about Wendy. Huh? Funny? Maybe just a very little.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, August 20, 2014 - 7:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I was watching So You Think You Can Dance and I missed the first 4 saves. Who was saved and did the judges announce who was getting the call backs from them?