TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 08, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Last Comic Standing: Archive through August 08, 2014 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 10:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, I'm not really sure why they vote him in week after week, especially after the last time when he did so well.

I sure didn't think Lachlan had the second best roast, but Nikki definitely deserved the win.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
You could hear the judges talking on who to let go. They felt that someone basically thought up what to say at the last minute and didn't have anything prepared. Obviously, they were talking about Karlous. I thought Joe did poorly on The Roast but was good when he had to save himself at the end. Still love Rod Man.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 7:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I wasn't loving Nikki at the beginning, but I think she was spectacular at the roast and really did deserve to win.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 8:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
lost respect for Karlous...showing up high...glad Keenan called him out! I agreed with everything he and Rosanne said!

Joe wasnt that great this week but Karlous lost cuz he smoked weed and had a shitty set. WTG Karlous, hope that high was worth it

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, July 25, 2014 - 8:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
forgot to add Nikki Carr owned that roast!!!! loved her!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, July 31, 2014 - 11:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I loved Rod Man and Nikki Carr tonight. Rocky went home but I thought Joe or Lachlan should have been sent packing.
As I stated up thread....I don't know how Rod Man can come up with his stories. Tonight was about ugly babies or as he put it "babies going through changes"! Brilliant he is.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 12:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Totally agree about Rod Man - he's very gifted.

Sorry to see Rocky go. He seems like a very sweet man. I always really liked his material.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 1:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I thought the right person went home tonight.

Rod Man just kills it every time! We were rolling on the floor during his four minutes tonight. I'll be completely shocked if he doesn't win.

The only other one that had me laughing out loud was Lachlan when he got to the wedding invites. I know Nikki is very good but I never find myself laughing during her bits. I like Joe too but he needs to get his mojo back!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 8:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought they were right to choose between Rocky and Lachlan.

I found Joe hysterically funny, so glad he is still there!

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Nikki is my favorite. She makes me laugh out loud. Rod Man is my least favorite. I know most people like him and find him original, to me he seems to have some sort of hyperactive disorder. It makes me nervous to listen to him.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 10:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Nikki is my favorite, too and I'd love for her to win, but Rod Man appears to be riding a wave that seems destined to end in victory.

Whenever I need an instant laugh, I just think back to Rod Man describing his stepfather's glass eye ("That's one tough-ass eyeball!") and I get the giggles all over again.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Some babies just aren't 'living room' babies!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 3:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Karlous looked normal to me.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Machi is at a disadvantage since he had to use so many of his good material week after week.

I think a tv show could be built around any of the 4 that are left...I would actually like to see all 4 in a sitcom

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 6:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Yes, all four are great! In fact, I think any of the last five would have been great in a sitcom.

I loved Rod Man's set. He is so original and just plain funny. My hubby and I joke around trying to imitate his delivery, but we just sound like we're stuttering. It totally cracks us up. I really don't know how he does it so well.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Mamabatsy, Rod Man's fast delivery really bothered me early on in the season but once he did a few sets that I liked, I think a switch was flipped and I just adore the guy now!

I went back and watched Rod Man's 'highlight' video on the Last Comic Standing website. It's the one where he talks about being a member of so many stores and the whole thing of doing your own checkout. That was a classic!

http://www.nbc.com/last-comic-standing/comics/season-8/rod-man

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, August 01, 2014 - 7:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
Strategist, agree I love Rocky!

Kappy

06-28-2002

Thursday, August 07, 2014 - 11:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Aw dang - the minute his set was over, I just knew it was Joe's turn to go home. They're all so good at this point that it's hard to see any of them go.

Two hour finale next week - looking forward to it!

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 12:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I think it's between Nikki and Rod Man for the win. Rod Man was just soo funny tonight. Joe Machi was all over the place tonight and just not funny.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 8:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I agree - will be extremely surprised if it's not Rod Man.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I was so sorry to see Joe go... I can't believe they didn't like him because he got "too comfortable" and "less nervous."

RodMan killed me. He does say things that no one else can get away with it.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 9:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I was disappointed that Joe was voted out. I hope I see him somewhere on tv again. Really, now I've lost all interest in this show. Doesnt matter who wins now.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 4:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Here's a clip I found on youtube of Joe Machi - it's from one of is appearances on Fox's Red Eye - enjoy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK1HAA5gKwc

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Rod Man was great once again. He really hasn't missed yet. I'm looking forward to the 2 hour finale very much.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, August 08, 2014 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Lachlan benefitted massively from Joe's off night. I'll be very surprised if finishes any higher than third place.

I think what gives Rod Man the edge over the others is that, in addition to being hysterically funny, he's just so darn adorable with every one of his deliveries. It's nearly impossible to not like him. Even when he's doing risque stuff, he gives off a warmth that's hard to describe.