TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 24, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 24, 2014 users admin

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 7:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I was surprised Collins placed so low. We figured out how he did the illusions but he was still very good at them. And at such a relatively young age.

So glad a singer didn't win this year. They get recording contracts, don't need AGT. Watching a singer sing is boring to me. Last year didn't really like many of the top acts. This year is different. Glad to see that Kristef Bros will be in the tour show.

Looking at the tickets for the Vegas show (at MGM, on a Wed night, in the middle of the US tour next month).

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 7:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
We figured out how he did the illusions but he was still very good at them.

Care to share? I'm clueless.

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 8:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I would like to know also.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, September 19, 2013 - 9:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
When he uses cards watch where he deals the card after the cut. On Tuesday's show there was a pretty clear deal from the bottom of the pack when they were cutting the cards at the top. He really needs to work on his sleight of hand, although of course he's pretty amazingly good for being only 17.

I also thought Collins Key would be in the top three. I was surprised the country singer wasn't in the final two, just because they always are. I'm very happy Kenichi won!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Friday, September 20, 2013 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Spoiler
Click below to view spoiler
Yes, the ladies signed two sides of the same card (forced pick).

Forced pick on the photos, preselected by Collins. YT was created after photos were taken (in the morning before the audience was seated - they are there for a whole day). Doubt that YT was loaded before the day of the final show.

Unless they were audience plants (done in a lot of magic shows).

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 5:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Loved Nick Cannon's fake-out :-)

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 10:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I loved the 9yr old who is going to be in 10th grade this year and his keyboard playing.

also, loved the one comedian guy from NY, he had me in tears laughing so hard.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
The mime act was the best....LOL

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 8:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The thing I liked best about the 9 yr old going into 10th grade was that when he went thru he jumped up and down like a little kid.

I liked the opera singers as well.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Thursday, May 29, 2014 - 10:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
lol, Naja, I had to go back and watch the mime act, somehow I skipped over it the first time. I didn't know who it was until he revealed.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Panic attack girl is a faking faker who fakes.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 10:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
reeeeaaaaalllly? I taped it last night but have not watched it yet.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
really KL?? wow! I think the blonde singer and the dark hair singer were the best anyway

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Do we have some verification of that?

Texannie

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i hate to say i had the same reaction the first time she sang but no proof, just a gut reaction. ketchuplover, are you like me and just skeptical or you have some inside info?

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 6:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I think she really has panic attacks. But for that reason she should not move forward. She's not as strong as the other singers anyway.

Vsmart

02-10-2003

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Vsmart a private message Print Post    
They want not only talent, but sob stories.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Of course they want human interest stories, that's what this show is about. Taking an ordinary person and making them famous.

As for Anna, I haven't found anything to verify that she was faking. She has a Vine account with over 1 million followers, and some on the internet are saying that means she can't have anxiety disorder.

But as someone who used to moderate a listserv for people with anxiety disorders, please be informed that posting on the internet does not mean you don't have one. You are in your home, not in front of crowds of people, and you can do so at times when you are feeling well.

So, that alone can't be used to claim she's faking.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
https://twitter.com/taylorjburt/status/481505525398388736 and https://twitter.com/taylorjburt/status/481302887491207169

Apologies if these don't work

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I don't see how those photos mean she doesn't have an anxiety disorder.

People with anxiety disorders still go out, the panic attacks come and go.

Look at Howie Mandel. He is quite successful, yet he admits he has one also.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I agree that doesn't prove anything other than she was able to go out at that point in time.

On a slightly different subject, I don't like the way so many talent competition reality shows place so much emphasis on all of these back-stories. I find the America's Got Talent judges to be the worst for that as well which is why I like this show the least of the big talent reality shows. I just want to see great talent.

I understand that they wouldn't do it if they didn't think it attracted viewers so I'm probably in the minority.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 1:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I think because it is the "American" story, the rags to riches kind of thing, it fits with this show more than others.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
These days I find myself fast forwarding through most of the back stories, the pre audition clips, and often much of what the judges have to say. I just want to watch the talent, or lack thereof. The one exception is anytime Nick is on. I find immensely entertaining.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 2:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
I just love Nick. He's so funny and he goes along with anything. I don't get the Mariah Carey love connection, though. They seem so different. At least, the image each portrays.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, July 24, 2014 - 4:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I love Nick Cannon, he's awesome!!!