TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 23, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through April 23, 2014 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 8:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, I think her name is Kat and I think that it was mentioned on week 1 - but for some reason I thought he was dating somebody from some other season and it didn't click to me that it was the girl from this season that he was talking about.

I like the guy who worked with Chloe this week also (I think he won last week). It seems strange to me that the winner of the previous week's competition doesn't get immunity but instead it is given to someone from the first challenge of the show (does that make sense?). I also like Rashaad. Again, truly talented group this season.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Another week when I'm unhappy with the person going home - although undoubtedly he screwed up totally last night - you would think given the body of his work (which always seemed better than most to me) that he would have gotten another chance. I think the girl should have gone instead.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, February 14, 2014 - 11:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Syfy are doing a series which is "Face Off for creature design, fabrication and mechanization" called Jim Henson's Creature Shop Challenge. It starts Tuesday Mar 25th at 10pm.

And for Eric Fox fans (two(?) seasons ago), they're doing a special on him called "Foxy & Co" on March 18th at 10pm.

This all-new special follows Foxy as he opens up his very own creature effects shop with the help of fellow former "Face Off" contestants Nicole Chilelli, RJ Haddy and Roy Wooley. But this time, instead of competing against each other, the artists have come together as one unbelievably creative force. From creating dozens of zombies for the upcoming Brian Pulido film Zack the Zombie Exterminator to an inspirational breast cancer awareness campaign for the Susan G. Komen Foundation, the team dives into each job with artistic passion and consistently hold themselves to only the highest of standards.

http://www.nbcumv.com/mediavillage/networks/syfy/foxyco

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 2:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Seriously talented creations last night! I can't believe Kat painted her sorcerer with such ugly colors - what was she thinking? But for the most part I thought they were unique creatures and I'm not sure I could have picked the #1 overall. I thought George's guy was really good but I also liked the tree sorceror.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was a bit sad Kat and Nico couldn't go to Japan together, but I agree her character looked like an explosion in a crafts store. I really thought Nico's was worse, he just didn't seem to have an idea and all his "metal" looked like foam spray painted silver.

I really liked the witch doctor type guy, but it's the third time in a row that woman (name escapes me) has done a very minimal sculpt and relied almost entirely on make up. The first week it got her best looks, second week they complained and it got the long haired guy sent home because she had immunity, and this time they loved it again. It seems like she's hiding the fact she can't sculpt, and I wonder if they're going to address it somehow.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 3:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Is it because she can't scuplt - or she just thinks the best use of her time is doing minimal sculpt and amazing makeup? Oh well, it will all work itself out by the end - it usually does (and the long-haired guy was on shaky ground in the first place - I didn't think he had done anything outstanding and he should have stood up for himself against a partner who he knew had immunity!). She reminds me a little bit of the girl last season who was such a dopey thing - very innovative but I never felt she sculpted much but she went far until she quit. The thing I like so much about this show is that you can't hide your inadequacies for the entire season - the judges are amazing at picking out the best of the best and the worst of the worst.

I kind of thought Nico would go too, but I felt it was a toss-up and overall hasn't his work been better over the entire season?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
In the first of the three weeks she decided to just do make up because the sculpted thing she'd done didn't work out and she had to scrap it, so I do think it's likely to be she's not too good at it. The challenges last three days and with just mostly make up she can't be doing much on the first two days, compared to the others.

Yes, I think Nico has been better than Cat overall. First couple of weeks he might even have been in best looks.

eta, according to the wiki, Cat was in bottom looks four out of seven weeks, whereas Niko was bottom looks twice, top looks twice, one of which was best looks. So yes, I guess she should have gone afterall!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, February 27, 2014 - 4:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
The stats are interesting at the wiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Face_Off_%28season_6%29#Contestant_progress

The ones who've left have been consistently middle or in bottom looks, compared to those that have stayed. If you go by past history then Chloe and Nico are nearing the bottom of the pack, and Daran did well at the beginning but has fallen recently. Tyler, George and Rashaad are at the top overall.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 05, 2014 - 12:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I really didn't see how Daran won immunity tonight. I swear to you, when I looked at his creation, I thought I could make that when I was 6th grade. It just didn't look good or professional to me at all.

Calamity

10-18-2001

Monday, March 10, 2014 - 7:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Calamity a private message Print Post    
I have class Tuesday nights but sometimes I'm able to catch the replay. Last week was the anime character challenge, wasn't it? (So hard to keep track of time now.) I thought Daran's koi fish creature was exquisite, maybe my favorite I've ever seen on the show (been watching off & on since season one). The water was the perfect touch, great advice. Didn't see the foundation challenge so can't say about his having immunity.

Glenn always cracks me up, the way he primly sits with his hands folded.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 12:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
We've had somewhat unlikable guest judges before, but I think Valli O'Reilly takes the cake.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Her voice was hard to take. I was surprised Daran didn't go - his concept didn't make sense even if the LED lights had worked (or at least it didn't to me). However, I felt Graham's mole rate looked sloppy. Tyler is quickly running away with this thing...and could his actress be more adorable?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lol, she didn't have a kind word to say about anything! I really like Graham's mole dude, but I suppose they're right in that it was the predictable choice to make. I think Daran might have gone had Graham not had the second chance a couple of weeks ago.

Although I wasn't keen on the result, the whole episode was such a lot of geeky fun. The guys were obviously so excited to be doing mutants, and the models all looked so enthusiastic, like they're really friends and happy to be involved. It was nice. Then rude judge and out with one of my favorites, but other than that, good show!

Did anyone watch the creature design show afterwards? I taped it but haven't watched it yet.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I taped it and haven't watched it also.

Has anybody watched the other show "Foxy & Co." It has mostly artists from old Face/Off seasons and I thought it was pretty good to see the designs in actual production instead of just a concept they create. Besides, I just like Roy.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Was Foxy&Co a one off special or a miniseries? I just see one episode listed On Demand. I might grab it later.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
The past few weeks Syfy has had one episode of a show, two weeks ago it was about a wedding where they did a huge middle earth them, then the Foxy & Co. show.

I did watch the Creature show and it was like Face off but different, I'll tune in again. They have to make sure the "puppeteers" know how to work their creature.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think that there are a limited run of some of these new shows and if they are successful then they might be picked up. The show about the middle earth wedding was "My Big Fat Geek Wedding." I watched that and it was pretty cute, but oh my gosh I wonder how much that wedding cost! Obviously those geek people had some major bucks! (Or geek girl's dad did.)

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, March 28, 2014 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I watched the creature design one. There were some good creatures although it didn't seem as difficult a process as the sculpture/make up. There was a little drama between the contestants but hopefully that will go. I'm going to keep watching.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 6:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think they have the right three going to the finale. Week after week I was surprised Nico made it thru mainly because I thought his stuff always looked sloppy and not finished.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, April 17, 2014 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I totally agree, Jasper! I think Nico got lucky by others having an off week.

Needmylifeback

08-14-2000

Friday, April 18, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Needmylifeback a private message Print Post    
I noticed that Nico always was asking for confirmation from the others (and a little help) .. I thought he should be gone several episodes ago..

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
What did everyone think of the finale?

During the performance I really couldn't tell what the make ups looked like b/c they kept showing more of the reaction of the people.

I am glad with who won but admit I guess wrong!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I haven't watched yet (I got distracted by Deadliest Catch). Definitely will have to watch tonight because now I'm curious.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 12:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
All three of them would have been worthy winners based on their work over the season, but I was very pleased with the actual winner.

The dance thing was just a mess, you couldn't see much and what you could see wasn't pretty.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 10:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
After the winner was announced, I got a fist bump from konashark....cause I picked Rashad as the winner after the first episode. But I would have been happy with Tyler winner as well. All three are all-stars in my book.