TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 11, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Last Comic Standing: Archive through July 11, 2014 users admin

Kappy

06-28-2002

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
I got to catch more of it tonight and have to repeat that I really do like the new format. I also think all 3 judges are spot on and their experience really shows through in a positive way - no egos!

Karuuna ~ It probably was more like a 'senior' moment!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, May 31, 2014 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I thought Rocky was the best of bunch we got to see in the second episode. The Indian fellow was pretty good, too, especially his "I'm gay" routine - very cute.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I really liked Nikki Carr. Turkey bacon=interracial breakfast meat. Monroe Martin. Prison=gated community. A lot of them really make me laugh. On to the semifinals.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, June 06, 2014 - 9:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I really liked a few of them last night. I think last night had the most that made me literally LOL

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 12:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
To the person at NBC or at the production company who dreamed up the invitational scheme, major kudos. I wish they'd gone in this direction during season one and all the subsequent seasons. That Nikki Carr was a riot along with the guy with the teenage kids and the guy from Tennessee. So many good comics -- the audience is the big winner!

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 8:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
I liked the guy who did the pet jokes. Too bad he didn't make it.

Still, I think that all these comedians are great and I'm enjoying the show tremendously.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I watched one of the early seasons of this show and didn't care for it. I'm really enjoying this season. I gave it another try based upon comments here. The judges are doing a great job with their advice and feedback. I'm looking forward to next week.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 9:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I just wish they would let us know right after each set if the person moves on by the end of the show I forget who is who LOL It will be easier in the upcoming weeks though

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Saturday, June 07, 2014 - 2:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
Well, maybe (if we're lucky) we'll get a set of pics at the top of this thread by the time the group gets smaller.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, June 13, 2014 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
That Joe Machi is a real threat to place high in the competition - he defnitely deserved his spot in the Top Ten, he's such a riot. He reminds me of Al Lewis, who played Grandpa on "The Munsters" TV show back in the '60s. Maybe he's Al's long-lost grandson?

Rieann

08-26-2006

Friday, June 13, 2014 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
He reminds me of Al Lewis, who played Grandpa on "The Munsters" TV show back in the '60s.

LOL! He does look like him.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, June 13, 2014 - 6:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Didn't notice the resemblance till you mentioned it. Of course all the ones who made it through were mentored. Lots of funny ones though.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, June 19, 2014 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Great show tonight....I liked 4 out of the 5 that were picked. Rod Man was hilarious and is for sure in the running for the top comic. Love Joe Machi from last week also. This is the first season I've watched this show and I'm really enjoying it but would like it even more without Roseanne. She irks me!!

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Friday, June 20, 2014 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
I'm glad/relieved Nikki Carr and Rocky made the cut. The two of them, plus Joe Machi, are the three to beat (but Nikki's the one who's made me laugh the most). Such a great season!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, June 21, 2014 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I like most of them. Nikki is probably my fave. She's very funny and also likable.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Didn't much care for the sketch comedy. I prefer the stand-up.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, June 28, 2014 - 5:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
Totally agree. Why give them something so way out of their comfort zone? The whole thing just came across more awkward than anything else. Unsurprisingly, Nikki was the funniest of all the sketchers.

That eyeball routine by Rod Man was hysterical. I was sorry to see Aida go, but not that blowhard Jimmy. Rod Man is a definite threat.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 4:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
There's a bonus episode on tonight. Sounds like it will mostly be a recap of the season so far. It does say unseen footage included.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Sunday, June 29, 2014 - 9:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
I watched the show tonight and they show the top 50 (I think) best jokes of this season and showed a lot of unseen footage. The final 8 were interviewed by the production team of the Ellen Show and the Top 3 will be interviewed by her on her live show.
The #1 best joke was by Joe Machi about the N word being his password on his debit or credit card.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 12:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I checked my online tv guide for the Ellen show and it lists all reruns this week. Wonder when they will be on the actual show? I know they'll show who won to get on the show on the next LCS show.

Oh, and that was much more enjoyable than just a recap show.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 2:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
LOL... just got back from vacation and was checking on the various shows I watch. Clicked on Last Comic Standing and saw a banner... but didn't recognize ANYONE!!! Then I looked closer and saw Food Network Star in the banner! Obviously I clicked on the wrong thread.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, June 30, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I do that with shows with similar names all the time, and I'll read a few posts thinking how the show sure has changed....LOL

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Thursday, July 10, 2014 - 8:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
Nikki Carr, Rod Man and Monroe Martin were on The Ellen Show and the audience voted Rod Man as the best. I just don't know how he comes up with a subject to talk about but he is funny as hell.
The contestants voted for one of the group to compete in a face off with another comedian. Lachlan Peterson was voted to compete and he picked DC Benny to go head to head with him. DC Benny lost and went home.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, July 11, 2014 - 5:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Rod Man has been my favorite ever since he did the bit about his stepfather and his glass eye. He had me doubled over laughing.

Strategist

07-01-2014

Friday, July 11, 2014 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Strategist a private message Print Post    
Rod Man is very funny. I have no idea where he comes up with his stuff, but it is really wacky.