TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 23, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: General Discussion (Various Shows): ARCHIVES: Archive through April 23, 2014 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Cable - if you want something to tide you over they are showing season 2 of Best Ink on M3. Lots of eps on Sunday. That may mean they are going to start Season 3 soon. I'm going to keep watch for it. It tides me over until Dave Navarro hits my screen.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I have been watching Best Ink too. There is a thread for it about 10 below this one.

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 6:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I watch the show about Lisa Vanderpumps Restaurant/Lounge 'Sur'. I think he finally did try to dump Stassi. But she is still trying to hang on to him to make a fool of him and he's dumb as dirt and letting her do it. I don't understand why they still have their jobs...lol

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Live From Space

AMAZING! I think it was probably just a one episode special. It was on last night on Nat Geo. Totally amazing and beautiful! If you missed it, maybe they'll repeat it, you could watch it on On Demand, or watch online.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 1:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Thanks for the heads up Happpymom. I just looked it up, and it shows again on Friday (according to my Comcast menu). If you have Comcast, it's also on On Demand.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 1:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Cosmos is another great show! It's a remake of Carl Sagan's series. Neil deGrasse Tyson is the host and he is just great. So engaging, charismatic, and smart.

I think it airs on multiple networks including NatGeo and Fox. I think we've had 2 episodes now, or maybe just one.

ETA: I think "remake" is incorrect. Maybe it's a remake and continuation of Sagan's series. Or maybe just a continuation/update.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I think Cosmos is only on FOX now. I was happy that the premiere was on NATGEO because I get the east coast feed for that channel so I was able to record it at 6pm.

But now, according to the schedule on TIVO, it shows that from now until March 23, it is airing only on FOX and it isn't repeating between episodes. I have too many conflicts to record it at that time slot. :-(

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 2:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I take it back....when I look at the other TIVO's schedule, I see that Cosmos also airs on NatGeo on Mondays a week and one day after it airs on FOX.

Go figure.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 2:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I see on NatGeotv.com that it says starts Sunday March 16 at 7 pm.

(I'm a bit confused because it already started. (Maybe they are rebroadcasting the 1st ep.) Also, NatGeo did advertise Cosmos during the airing of Live From Space. I also thought Cosmos was going to be on Mondays. So...maybe the schedule switched, will switch, etc. Anyway, I loved the first episode so much. I'd hate for others who love it to miss it.)

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, March 15, 2014 - 2:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
SFJ, we crossed posted, I'm just real slow at it. :-)

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Monday, March 24, 2014 - 1:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
ABC put out their summer schedule, and several shows of interest are on there.

-Wipeout is moving to Sundays starting 6/22 (against BB)

-A new Bachelor spinoff called "Bachelor in Paradise" starts 8/4.

-Bachelorette starts 5/18.

-Two new shows are starting:

"The Quest"- this was supposed to air in January, but got moved. This is from the team of the TAR producers and some of the producers from the LOTR move trilogy; it's a fantasy-based series, which hasn't really been done before. This will air Thursdays starting 6/19 (8PM eastern, so it wouldn't be against BB)

"Rising Star"- It's a singing competition, the twist is it's live, and the home audience (as well as judges) vote online to support an act. The performers can see how they are doing while they're performing, and if they reach a certain approval rating, they advance. It's based on an Israeli format, here's a clip from that version:

http://youtu.be/YwWFA04sqEo

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 8:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch Total Divas?

Dipo

04-23-2002

Tuesday, March 25, 2014 - 10:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I have caught it here and there, it is fascinating, or maybe I should say unbelievable.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 1:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
Fox has a show starting May 27th that people who know their reality TV history will recognize as new version of a classic show..

http://bit.ly/1jK3gYG

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, March 26, 2014 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Awesome Wilson

Bb_dior

03-20-2014

Thursday, March 27, 2014 - 4:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bb_dior a private message Print Post    
Dipo, I completely love it lol. My girl crushe is The Bella Twins.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, April 01, 2014 - 2:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Whale Wars may be over. The UN has ordered that Japan's "scientific" mission to kill whales isn't really scientific, and Japan says it will stop. That's a HUGE victory!

http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/sea-shepherd-cautiously-optimistic-whale-safety-5882852

Rissa

03-19-2006

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 5:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Just watched the 2000th episode of Dr. Phil. I don't watch him on a regular basis so perhaps I missed it but anyone know what's up with the original Dr Phil family? I figure they didn't put them on this show because they only wanted good news updates so not a good sign. I think the last time I saw them they were trying to get the daughter into rehab? Her parents were still raising all three of the kids. Anyone know anything further?

ETA: I went hunting and found Erin's blog on Dr Phil's website. Seems about a year and a half old. At that time Alex was sober but still not in her kid's lives in any meaningful way.

Wilsonatmd

01-23-2001

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wilsonatmd a private message Print Post    
AG and her crew have a new show on Lifetime called "Relative Insanity"..

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/big-brother-producers-bring-relative-694689

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, April 09, 2014 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rissa I was wondering the same thing about Alexandra.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, April 20, 2014 - 12:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Does anyone else watch "Welcome to Sweetie Pie's"? It's on OWN on Saturday night. I really enjoy it. Robbie (Sweetie Pie) has two restaurants in St.Louis, MO. In her younger days, she was one of the back-up singers for Ike Turner. There are a lot of family members and it makes for an enjoyable show.

Suzanne_sky

08-14-2008

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 7:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suzanne_sky a private message Print Post    
Hey, GranJan! Recognize me? ;)

No, I don't really watch Welcome to Sweetie Pie's, although I have seen a few episodes here and there. I don't remember how old she is, but I am always worried about her having so much hard work and stress at her age. Maybe I'll start trying to catch a few more episodes here and there. The only new or different than usual show I am watching is Chrisley Knows Best.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Suz, Robbie is the same age as I am, maybe a year off. 73. I know I couldn't do half of what she does, not to mention wrangling all that family.

Suzanne_sky

08-14-2008

Monday, April 21, 2014 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Suzanne_sky a private message Print Post    
Well, she just seems a lot older to me. I thought she was in her mid-eighties at least.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, April 23, 2014 - 1:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
‘Bachelorette" contestant dies in paragliding accident

eric-hill-feature2

A contestant from the upcoming season of “The Bachelorette" has died in a paragliding accident.

Eric Hill was left in a coma after his parachute collapsed while paragliding in Utah with a friend on Sunday, according to reports. He died Wednesday morning.

The avid adventurer was set to compete for the heart of Bachelorette Andi Dorfman on the tenth edition of the ABC reality show, which premieres May 19.

In a statement, producers said “We are deeply saddened to hear about the tragic passing of our friend, Eric Hill. Eric inspired us every day with his passion, his courage and his adventurous spirit, and for that we are very thankful. On behalf of our cast, crew and producers, we send our love, our thoughts and our prayers to Eric’s family during this difficult time.”

http://pagesix.com/2014/04/23/bachelorette-contestant-dies-in-paragliding-accident/