TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 23, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Animals: My Cat From Hell: Archive through March 23, 2014 users admin

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
Angelicfairies: I believe someone (this show or 'Must Love Cats' recommended petting each cat with the same sock to 'mingle' their scents for a few weeks to help them get along.

Angelicfairies2

07-18-2004

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Angelicfairies2 a private message Print Post    
ahhh good idea Scotch. I did get a towel and wrap the kitten in it and then let my grumpy old man smell it, he did then two days later he growled at it lol

Scotchbright

10-05-2006

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scotchbright a private message Print Post    
LOL...sounds like you're having fun. :-)

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I always used a drop of tuna juice on the head of the new cat. :-) Then again, if he's really grumpy, he might think she's dinner!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, June 05, 2013 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Casting call! Have a hellish cat? Get details at http://www.jacksongalaxy.com

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 22, 2013 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Looks like 2 new shows tonight!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 29, 2013 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
New shows tonight! I almost forgot.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 2:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
New episode Monday December 23rd called "Hell-iday Special" Airs at 9pm EST and again at 11pm.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 3:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Thank you, I miss this show.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He also does stuff on Youtube.. there was an interactive meet the other day.. not real long, to be true.. but he answered a few questions.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, December 18, 2013 - 4:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Looks like there is a marathon of the last season that day, before the special, too..

Biscottiii

05-29-2004

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Biscottiii a private message Print Post    
Looks like he's going to start off his new season with Lux the Cat!

TV behaviorist to work with Oregon ‘attack’ cat

Animal Planet’s cat expert, Jackson Galaxy, is traveling to Oregon to work with and advocate for the now-famous attack cat.

http://seattletimes.com/html/localnews/2023173585_catwhispererxml.html}

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
That's great news. I had a friend who put her cat down because it would occasionally freek out over a noise or sudden movement and attack. I always thought she didn't try enough things before killing it. One thing she was doing was feeding strays right outside the door where he lived. .

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 8:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
They need to find that cat a new home.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Yeah, well, Lux is the new local cat celebrity. My thought is that the cat would probably not have attacked if the owner hadn't kicked it.

Ophiliasgrandma

09-04-2001

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ophiliasgrandma a private message Print Post    
…or the baby pulling its tail. I put the blame for that directly on the parents.

Jewels

09-22-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
Agreed, Kooklie and OG...and I blame the local media for trying to convince us that this is "news" every single day!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 12:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
As Jackson said I think in the article.. a cat or dog living with a toddler .. you have to be watching that toddler and you have to give a cat a place to get away from the kids.. and cats can get up high so that isn't easy.

When I had Labrador litters we wouldn't even consider a family with babies or toddlers for the sake of the puppy AND accident waiting to happen.

If you watch The Little Couple, when they knew they would bring home their first adopted child, they also knew that their second adopted puppy, Maggie, had some issue with small children so they brought in a dog behaviorist and they also had places they could put her just in case. They thought ahead and they had less time to prepare than someone who is pregnant for 9 months.

You have to protect the animal and of course you have to protect the child.

This cat had a tail pulled and reacted. Dad then KICKED the cat. Hmm.

I do hope Jackson can work effectively with them and I'm not sure I'd put the cat back in their home UNTIL that was done!

I just signed up for an all day set of workshops and lectures that includes Jackson Galaxy in San Diego and I'm pumped.. I've been able to hear Jackson speak in person just before his book hit and he got SO busy, so this is really cool. Some others from the shelter where I volunteer are going as well.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
When my daughter adopted my wonderful, terrific granddaughter, she made places for all of her cats to hide because she didn't know how a three year old would behave around animals. It turned out that she was wonderful with them. Patted three of them very gently, kissed the older female (who seemed to like it) and ignored the older male. He didn't like a little person in the house and she seemed to sense it. He set up residence on top of the refrigerator and only came down at night when they were all sleeping. One day she looked up at him staring down at her and told him that she didn't like him either. He came down a while after that and they had a truce. Somehow they understood each other. She never tried to pet him and he left the room when she entered.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I think the cat is already back home with it's family.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, March 21, 2014 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, my paper today reported that the "Angry Himalayan Cat" had been returned to owners. Hopefully, they have been advised to have an escape place for the kitty.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 1:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I just signed up for an all day set of workshops and lectures that includes Jackson Galaxy in San Diego and I'm pumped

So cool Sea! I hope you'll share some info with us!

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Saturday, March 22, 2014 - 5:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
How fun Seamonkey!

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 7:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Is Jackson's visit to the attack cat supposed be in one of his "cat from hell" episodes? If so, how long from tape to air do you think it will be?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 23, 2014 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I'm not sure when it will air, Naja, but don't think it has been filmed yet.

Oh.. heh.. the article in the paper says..

"Galaxy will film the visit for his show's fifth season, which kicks off April 26."

It just says he is flying to Portland "soon" to work with Lux.

The conference in San Diego is April 5, so I'm guessing he might wrap filming prior to that.