TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 28, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Last Comic Standing: Archive through May 28, 2014 users admin

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
First show is tonight, and these comics are awesome!

Lilfair

07-09-2003

Thursday, May 22, 2014 - 7:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lilfair a private message Print Post    
Loved the bank password joke. Edgy and funny.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I was happily surprised that this show is back. The judges seem good at their job, except when Roseanne got so emotional and angry at the stupid guy who wasted time standing there. She can't seem to handle it when someone talks back to her.
I felt bad for those who didnt make it to the next level. You really put yourself out there in that business and comedians seem to have a lot of emotional baggage.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 8:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
It sounds like they did the interview a lot different this year than last, instead of "pretending" they were discovering "new" talent, or talent waited outside in lines for hours and hours (the reality was it was managers, and agents..) and I think Wanda Sykes is producing it?

I liked Roseanne's comments in judging! To me she was a comic that was answering a "heckler" idk, just my impression.. I was lol

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 9:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Our power cut out for a couple of moments at the top of the first hour and caused our DirecTV to reset so we lost about 5 minutes. Did they choose some comics then or were the eight they selected at the end of the show.

And I thought Roseanne handled the situation perfectly... the guy brought it on himself... she was trying to give him constructive criticism and he pipes back... I want to hear something positive first, then he kept interrupting her... if anything she held back, because he was an ARSE!!!

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Never mind... I answered my own question!!! (Looked at the recap).

Glad there were others selected. I loved the guy (Rod Man I think) and his bit about the self checkouts at stores.

Loved the new (more streamlined) format... and so far I like the host. So far my only compliant is Roseanne's laugh... it cuts through everything and has to be unsettling. I love the criticism the judges are giving them... very good advice. I especially liked when Keenan told one female comic in the bright yellow that she is beautiful but she should tone down her appearance because what she was wearing was distracting. I thought they all gave very thoughtful and useful advice. To anyone watching the show, thinking of being a comic, they can learn a lot.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 10:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought Roseanne overreacted to that guy. It was uncomfortable to watch. He was clearly trying to joke with her, and she clearly took it too seriously and got angry and ugly.

Cass_cat

05-09-2011

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cass_cat a private message Print Post    
Interesting... how we watch the same show but end up seeing things differently... I thought the guy intentionally goaded her and got everything coming to him. Perhaps he was just trying to be funny... I guess his humor was too dry that it came off as rude and disrespectful.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 1:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Yeah, his humor actually sucked. And as one of the judges said, if it had come off funny, the wait time would have been okay, but it failed.

That's when Roseanne jumped in and had apparently interpreted the wait time as being rude to the audience, instead of part of a failed joke.

and it went downhill from there.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 3:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
The host bothers me. I've seen him before and didn't like him in whatever show he was on. There's something about the way he talks that rubs me the wrong way and he is too frantic.

Other than that, I like the show. I prefer the original format but they make me laugh and that's all that matters.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 5:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree that comic was rude and not funny!

loving the show so far

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 7:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I've watched the first half so far. I'll watch the rest tomorrow. Really glad they brought this back. I've seen all the original ones. Love Josh Blue! Loved when he told everyone you're all going to hell for laughing at me. Lol!

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 7:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Oh I'm glad there is a thread for this show! I love LCS!!! I too have watched all the previous seasons and was happy to see it return. I like the judges, Russel Peters is so funny, if you haven't checked out his stuff, you really should.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I also loved the original. Loved the guy that would iron without it being plugged in!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Friday, May 23, 2014 - 10:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
This is my first time seeing this show. I loved Dana Eagle, she was hilarious!

http://www.danaeagle.com/

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Yes, the advice given to the woman in the short short dress was very good--I prob say that because I was thinking the same thing!
Some of the contestants must have been pre-selected as they went to the trouble of following them around so we could see how their life goes. They are all going to have to come up with a lot of original material to compete!

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 1:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
All the contestants were pre-selected. It was by invitation only this year.

Uncle_ricky

07-02-2007

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 4:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Uncle_ricky a private message Print Post    
So interesting that in-depth profiles were done on the comic who lives in his van as well as the heavyset gay one, yet neither comic was selected to advance to the next round.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, May 24, 2014 - 7:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
A lot of really funny people. I saw what you were talking about the guy egging Roseanne on.

Jimmy made me laugh out loud a lot. Also Tyree Elaine, but there were several.

Gmggraham

05-10-2011

Sunday, May 25, 2014 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gmggraham a private message Print Post    
It was a good first couple of nights. I'm looking forward to next week. I like it that the three judges each have a different perspective.

I've been following Russell Peters for years on the Canadian circuit. He has grown to be a true international comic. He’s very quick on his feet. I just love him.

Roseanne Barr was quite nice to most of them, I thought. She was nasty to that one guy, but he was boring and arrogant. I think he thought he was better than he is. He deserved her commentary.

Keenan Ivory Wayans is top-notch. He's hired many comedians in his career and I really respect his opinion.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, May 26, 2014 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Listened to an interview with Alonzo Boudin (winner season 3) on Rob Has A Podcast.

Comics and comic talent show doesn't lend itself well to "competition". This new format is going to be better, supporting them, mentoring them.

The seasoned comics, those who have done the circuit, have experience, and more than just one set, that is who they want to showcase and work with (they learned their lesson after season one when Dat Phan won with the same jokes over and over again, cause the American public felt sorry for him living in the house with other comedians who always josh on each other and he was easy to "pick on").

Pamy

01-01-2002

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
yeah I remember that. And where is Dat today?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Dat had some immediate fame then his lack of experience and depth became an issue (same jokes over and over). Took a break. He's back out on the circuit and Alonzo said he's doing well.

Kappy

06-28-2002

Tuesday, May 27, 2014 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kappy a private message Print Post    
Where did my first post go??

I really like the new format where they have been invited to participate instead of seeing audition after audition. The judges are a great addition as well this season.

Now and then I catch Alonzo on Wait Wait Don't Tell Me and always think back to seeing him on this show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, May 28, 2014 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's repeating tonight and is just as funny!

(Kappy, nothing was removed, maybe it didn't go thru?)