TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 20, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Family Reality: Jon & Kate Plus 8: ARCHIVES: Archive through March 20, 2014 users admin

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 5:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I often wonder what he saw in her.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, September 30, 2013 - 10:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Actually they were both cute back in the day..

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 5:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
People should not marry on looks only. Beauty fades.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Tuesday, October 01, 2013 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
i think initially they balanced each other well. each had attributes the other person was missing. jon, really laid back/not a planner. kate, organized, future thinker. unfortunately they became more obsessed in their roles which forced each to be extreme.
who knows if the stress of all the kids, the tv show or just time broke them a part...but neither was entirely at fault or blameless.

Naja

06-28-2003

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kate, Mady and Cara are on the cover of People this week.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20773081,00.html

Missy890

05-24-2011

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 7:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Missy890 a private message Print Post    
The Gosselin twins were on the View being interviewed. This interview went a lot better than the Today show interview but looks like Katie will have her hands full with Mady. Cara is a little more reserved but I see clashes in the future with Mady. Did anyone see the Today show and the View interviews?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I just remember being 13 (mom going through menopause at the same time.. YIKES) and then imagine doubling up on the 13 with public divorce issues, both parents in the public eye, etc. She will have her hands full and Jon will gleefully make it worse by polarizing things (and vice versa, of course).

Another tabloid has a very negative cover on them.. I've noticed that this other rag does that regularly with anyone in favor with People Magazine (they hate Angelina too).

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 10:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It's quite normal for teenage girls and moms to have a lot of strife. It may be exacerbated by a lot of other factors in their life, but again that can be true of any divorced mom too.

In other words, I don't see anything unusual about rebellious teenagers. It's actually the unusual family that doesn't have that issue.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Tuesday, January 21, 2014 - 12:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Exactly.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 4:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
Watching the View today they mentioned John was suing for Primary Custody... I am censoring myself, but I had to google, and sure enough,

http://hollywoodlife.com/2014/01/22/jon-gosselin-kate-gosselin-custody-battle-sextuplets/

so its no wonder the teenagers are going through rebellious stages, as Karuuna said, everyone does - I of course know too well about rebellious teenage dd, unfortunately. it has to be compounded being on tv, and I can't even imagine the bills and how their money situation is today - but honestly

I don't need to know, its none of my business - its so sad to realize if its on tv, it becomes fodder for gossip, and thats sad for the kids. I'm so grateful my issues aren't on TV because I have enough opinions on how I"m doing things so wrong!

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 5:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Geez, if you see Jon with his squeeze on Couples Therapy, you have to pray he doesn't get primary custody. That woman is both mean and cold.

If you thought Kate was awful to him, you haven't seen anything.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 9:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Yes, the women Jon has been with since Kate (or even during Kate).. the ones I've seen on various shows .. he seems attracted to mean women. The one on Couples Therapy is no prize, but then neither is Jon. And so far his reason for being on Couples Therapy seems more about publicizing his complaints against Kate ("suing me in federal court" seems to be a mantra) and not so much about actually therapy as a couple, with the current gf/fiancée. He's proud that he and Kate have totally different parenting styles.. well gosh, that isn't so good for the kids..

Rehtse

08-17-2005

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 2:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rehtse a private message Print Post    
Just what IS his parenting style?

Rissa

03-19-2006

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 3:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rissa a private message Print Post    
Didn't he agree to let the kids do all the tv Kate wants as long as he doesn't have to pay child support? That has been widely reported. Don't think a custody judge would take that as any sign that Jon is sincere about having the kidlets best interests at heart. I am also amused that he keeps going on media outlets to say he is too good a parent to keep going on media outlets to talk about his family the way Kate does. Not supporting her at all, but at least she is bringing in some money for the family, not just vengefull whinging.

Made me sad when the girls said they didn't want to be actors but did want to do another reality show. It kinda made me feel like what they were really saying was they wanted to go back to those days.... when the family was together, happier times.

Also, as the mother of 3 teenage girls... I saw that first interview as a sign that Kate isn't all that successful at being the control freak she is accused of. Not saying she doesn't try (LOL) but those girls had a lot of sass and rebellion (good for them) and obviously NO FEAR (as Jon keeps saying).

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 10:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
Jon doesn't have to pay child support, but if he gets custody Kate would have to give him child support. Forgive me for being cynical, but I think that's his motive. He can't be happy waiting tables.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 10:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I'm assuming his attempt to get custody is more an attempt to get her to drop the lawsuit she has against him (can't remember what it is).

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
He is charged with taking information,or pictures or whatever from her private computer when he came to the house and releasing it, I think, and using it for a tell all book trashing her. Copies were pulled off shelves after the lawsuit was filed.

LOL.. let me see if that is somewhat accurate.

This is about his threats to sue for custody of the sextuplets (how would that make the twins feel?)

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/jon-gosselin-threatens-sue-kate-custody-article-1.1588663

Hmm.. it seems Kate DROPPED her lawsuit back in November, so his constant statements on the show currently airing, while possibly made prior to that time .. seems disingenuous of TLC to air them as if they are still pending, as he has repeated his whining about the suit on that show.

Anyway, she has dropped the suit against Jon "with prejudice", seems he cannot countersue, but kept the suit against the book's author, for wiretapping, computer hacking, identity theft and invasion of privacy.

http://www.thehollywoodgossip.com/2013/11/kate-gosselin-drops-lawsuit-against-jon-gosselin-still-suing-rob/

She had said he stole a hard drive, hacked into her email account, bank account, etc.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
The adorable 6 would rather live with daddy. Let's see. Mommy has rules they have to follow. Daddy lets them do whatever they want. They are 9 years old. I wonder why they want to live with him?

I think he knows the twins are too smart to fall for his lack of supervision style. They are smart enough to know that they need boundaries. Even if Kate's are too tight, they are better than none at all. Most kids rebel at some point.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Thursday, January 23, 2014 - 7:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I only saw a brief part of the Today Show interview on another show and I felt bad for Cara. She seemed afraid of Kate; whereas Mady seemed to be challenging Kate by not answering.

Kate needs to realize her days of making money off her children are over.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 2:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Kate and the kids are doing a one hour special to air in June on TLC. It's supposed to catch us up on everything since they were last on TV.

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/kate-gosselin-kids-return-tlc-night-special/story?id=22956049

Sammi

03-31-2008

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I read somewhere that she is going to be on Trunp's show ur fired". Having a senior moment and can't think of the name of it!!!

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I almost said "Bachelor", but what I really meant was Apprentice....LOL

Yeah, it's hard to imagine her working nicely with a group of others.

Willwillbee

09-19-2001

Wednesday, March 19, 2014 - 11:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I would *love* to see Kate as "The Bachelorette"

Brenda1966

07-02-2002

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 8:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Brenda1966 a private message Print Post    
That would take jumping the shark to a whole new level!

Countrydaze

11-07-2003

Thursday, March 20, 2014 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Countrydaze a private message Print Post    
I just want to see Kate go away!!!!!!!