TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 06, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through February 06, 2014 users admin

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
PS - I think I have just watched too much TV...almost every show I watch these days makes me feel like I seen it before.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 7:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
I agree with you. :-)

Roxip

01-29-2004

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But to me this is one of the few "reality" shows that actually relies on a true talent. Sure they try (like almost all other shows) to showcase the drama, but at the very end it is about the talent, and I appreciate that. I will take this over the artificially manufactured drama of the Housewives or Bad Girls or some of the other trash on television these days.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, January 15, 2014 - 4:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well it looks like a promising group. It was fairly evident to me who was going to go. The bottom looks most definitely were the bottom and while the top sculpts looked good I thought the paint job was way too green. Mackenzie looks so tiny this year she's either got fabulous posture or she's wearing a corset. I do miss the last couple of seasons her chatting with her dad, or who ever it was at the time, about the contestants after the lab walkthru. On this show I don't care about their living arrangements, I just want to see them working and the end results.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought the new group was very talented too - usually (like the judge said at the end) there are one or two who are just not good but that certainly wasn't the case. And you are right about Mackenzie - especially in that blue dress - she was tiny!

I think because of the sheer numbers of people on the first show it does limit the interpersonal stuff between Mackenzie and her dad.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's so busy in the first few episodes.

What do you think about the special save this season for an unexpected disaster?

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 1:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I think it is justified. Sometimes things just happen that can't be avoided (or you get stuck with a partner who is a total loser). Look at what happened to Roy last year - he was lucky that there was somebody who screwed up worse than he did! As long as it is used on somebody who truly deserves the save I don't have a problem with it...if it is obvious it is simply used on somebody for dramatic purposes then I don't want to see it. I also think it shouldn't be used until all the chaff has been weeded out - although there doesn't appear to be much chaff this year!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 2:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
All three of Mackenzie's dresses were great! I think she lost some weight but seems to have a different stylist - even her make up was different from past seasons.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I didn't really catch all of what they said about the twist. I'm just looking forward to some great creatures and creations this season.

I'd like Mackenzie's wardrobe and the body to pull it off! Maybe she can lend her stylist to Glen. Although he didn't have those little hanging bits of hair going on, lol.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Thursday, January 16, 2014 - 11:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Mackenzie was looking good. I Imdb'd her and she's been on quite a few shows, lots of times on daytime soaps. I thought they'd brought her in just because she was Michael Westmore's daughter, didn't realise she had experience.

Jasper, the twist wasn't so much a twist as they have a save they can use on one contestant, some time throughout the season if they think someone deserves a break because of some unexpected disaster. I feel the same as Roxip, as long as they are fair with it I like the idea, but I do think it should be left until the latter half of the show as hopefully even if something bad happens to someone great early on, there'll still be someone not great who is worse.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 17, 2014 - 10:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Glen didn't look any better when he appeared on Best Ink this week. Really - his hair looks nasty and unhealthy. You would think that he would take better care of it! And that nose ring always makes him look like a bull (and not in a good way). I realize that he's unique and artsy and interesting and all of that, but his style is not (to me) flattering at all. Ve Neil is a very respected and highly decorated makeup artist and she doesn't seem to feel the need to make a statement with her own look! Come to think of it, neither does Neville. (And I still miss Patrick whatever his last name was!)

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
I also think Glen looks like he needs a good bath.

I thought the characters were supposed to be sexy and appealing, but some of them were so ugly if I were the princess I wouldn't put my lips on them, especially that bright green
frog looking one...lol

Nickovtyme

07-28-2004

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 7:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nickovtyme a private message Print Post    
Glen always reminds me of the one friend everybody has....you know, the guy/girl who's kind of dense and not necessarily the most social person or self aware, but often says things and uses words to sound impressive but really has no idea what or understands what they just said. :-) (as I use a run-on sentence)

He talked a couple seasons ago about working on a "Necrescope" movie or series. I hope to see that if/when it comes out.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Sunday, January 19, 2014 - 8:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree that some of the contestants missed the part where the princess was supposed to want to kiss the beast.

Lostincyburbia

07-29-2009

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lostincyburbia a private message Print Post    
Loved Corrine and Niko's Parched Planet Alien. It really looked like it was dehyrated. All those cracks in it's skin. Just awesome. I am sooo in to this show.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 22, 2014 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
They all looked so good last night. The only one I didn't like in form was the gluttonous one, with the big head, although that ended up being in the "safe" zone. And so far we haven't had too many repetitive designs (repetitive from previous seasons) so that's good, that was the way I feared it would get boring.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 10:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think the woman with light brown shoulder length hair is going to be the "drama" for the season, and we'll see her last beyond her talent just to keep up the story, much like Nicole(?) in the season before last.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 10:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Was that Tess? I thought the drama girl was the girl with the red hair...LOL! Honestly though - the level of talent this year is incredible, although I still think that a lot of these artists need to listen more what the challenge is. The guy who got kicked off last night was very talented (I actually thought his sculpt was better than some of the others) but he didn't create a dragon. How difficult is it? You are told to create a dragon - you create a dragon (and that yellow face was ugly). I thought the woman with the purple face and unfinished chin, not to mention the fact that its face was uneven, should have gone instead. But at least she tried to create a dragon.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, January 29, 2014 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes! The red haired girl too. The brown haired (haven't worked out their names yet) is the one who has time management troubles. I can't remember which one sculpted only one side of the face, then seemed to remember that she had to do the other side last moment, but that seemed really weird, you'd think they would develop both sides at once.

I totally agree about the one who was kicked off. His sculpt was very good (much better than the purple face woman without a chin) but it wasn't a dragon. Hopefully that set a precedent for those left that they have to do what they are told.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, February 01, 2014 - 12:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
His sculpt reminded me of the Chinese dog versus any sort of dragon.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 11:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I definitely think the right person went home last night. The stress of the competition was definitely getting to her and the design looked a bit juvenile. I was a little surprised that the judges didn't like the design of Tanner and Chloe, and I was a bit surprised at the winner. Cool concept but it didn't read "guitar" to me (although I like George and was glad he wasn't in bottom looks).

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 2:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
She was the drama queen I was talking about last week. I really thought they might keep her around as a storyline point but I'm very glad they didn't.

I agree, the one with the fake head didn't read guitar, and also the model's eyes were visible through the clear bit unless she put her chin up high, which was a bit distracting. I liked the red guitar one.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
agree Roxip and Kitt! I didnt like the winning design at all!

I thought the red one was kinda cool, surprised they hated it

I think Rasshand should have won. In fact, he is my pick to win it all. I also think he is super sexy

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, February 05, 2014 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Rasshaad and Nico are my favourites. And I meant to mention, Nico and the other woman are bf/gf from before the show and they only tell us week three?! (Or did they tell us and I missed it?)

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, February 06, 2014 - 4:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I thought the right person went home as well.

On the first show, they did say that Nico and Kat were dating! (is her name Kat? LOL)