TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 11, 2014

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through January 11, 2014 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, October 21, 2013 - 2:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
That's my Thursday night usually. I have too many shows on that night.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 22, 2013 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I think they dilute the thrill of it a bit when they do it so much, but it's such a quality show there could be worse things.

Well tonight was a shock, why would Lainee quit? Seemed very strange and cannot be good for her future, better to have one horrible design and be out than to just give up.

I was annoyed at the decision tonight, I think Miranda has been overrated all season and both her head piece design and her horrific blue-green paint were pretty inexcusable. I guess next week would be a too predictable no-one-goes-home if they didn't do it this week though.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 7:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree - but I would have even been more upset if they had sent Roy home last night over Miranda. Her design was bad and her execution was even worse. I think she knew that they weren't going to send anyone home this week so she just dialed in a poor design - but her model was a trooper!

I understand why Tate's design won, but I also thought Laura's was stunning. I like how, when something goes wrong for her, she doesn't lose her mind and panic but instead just calmly goes to "Plan B" (or Plan C or D, etc.). Her ability to think ahead is one of her best skills in this competition in my opinion (and I have always thought she deserved to win her season). If the same thing had happened to Miranda her head would have started spinning.

And as for Laney - oh well. No great loss. If she wants to have any kind of career at all she is going to have to learn to deal with pressure - or else she is going to have to find another way to make a living. I think Face/Off shows who has the potential to become leaders in this field and who are just always going to be the people who execute other people's visions. If Laney can't create and execute in an efficient manner then she will never be a leader.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
I think they have planned all along for at least 2 females would be in the final 3 this season. They didn't, however, plan on Laney quitting and Miranda having the worse design. I haven't been impressed with Miranda but for some reason the judges like her. Unfortunately I think Roy or Tate will go home next week and she will stay. I'm team Laura.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
Please excuse my poorly worded paragraph. I need to go back to grammar school. lol

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 10:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Your paragraph made perfect sense to me.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me too.

I don't know about them wanting two women at the end, but I think they did hope to have at least one newbie there. My complaint at the beginning of the season was that how could they expect any of the newbies to beat people with so much experience of how the show works, and that's exactly how it worked out, most of the newbies out first. I kind of think they wanted to keep Alana over Laney that time but thought they had to keep the newbie or it would look bad.

I'd like Tate or Laura to win. I'm a big Roy fan but he hasn't been as consistently good this year as Tate or Laura.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 23, 2013 - 12:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't start watching the first season of Face Off until the end so I don't remember that much about Tate, other than knowing he was a very good artist. I really liked Connor though so was happy he won. As I said above, I thought Laura was robbed in her season, but this season she has really impressed me. I think her skillset has really grown (and I was worried at the start of the season when she said she had been working in a wax museum....LOL!).

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 7:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Apparently they were trying to cause cardiac arrest at the end of this episode....LOL

I actually jumped out of my chair and cheered that Roy stayed instead of Miranda.

Miranda, I enjoyed your stay on the show, but I thought you should have gone home a few weeks ago.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
For a while, when they admired her sculpt so much, I thought she was going to stay! Very good final three, hardly surprising that those three are the top as Laura was 2nd in her season with Roy 4th, and Tate was 3rd in Season 2. That's a lot of experience.

I want Tate to win but would be happy with Laura. I think Roy should be third.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I did too. I was cheering.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 - 6:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
But Miranda once again wasted too much time. It is obvious that she is a talented artist, but I think she becomes so enamored of her own sculpting skills that she loses track of what she should be doing. And in reality, all she did was sculpt the face - everybody else was putting together full body sculpts and costumes, hands, wings, (and in Tate's case) chest and back pieces, and Miranda does a face piece. Although Roy's piece had some errors at least he made an attempt to create a cohesive piece. There is NO WAY Miranda would have been able to accomplish the huge amount of work that is expected of them in the finale - there just aren't enough models in the world to help her out!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Tuesday, November 05, 2013 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I was so happy none of them messed up this week! All of them looked great, and I was very glad the dancers were allowed to dance without some bits of the costumes (like Roy's armour!).

It's nice that based on the finale show, really any of them could have won.

(Don't want to say who won yet until everyone's had a chance to see it!)

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It's so rare that the person I love the most wins. I am so happy for Laura. I would have been happy for Roy, but I think my heart was leaning just a little bit more toward Laura :-)

Great season!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, November 06, 2013 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Over the season I was leaning towards Tate, but over this show I was leaning towards Laura. Three exceptional contestants there at the end.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 7:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I cheered when Laura won. I thought any of the three was deserving but I wanted Laura to win. I think Tate's male character was just weird - his face looked frozen and I got the impression that it didn't move at all, which at this point in the competition you would think it would. Laura's male sculpt was really cool - especially the glowing ball in the middle. She seemed to manage her personnel very well and Miranda and Eddie both deserve recognition for working well with her.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 10:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
It looked like Tate's male character couldn't close its mouth, I was sure Glen would mention it but he didn't.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 12:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
great season I wanted Roy to win until last few wks...laura deserved it...Tate was excellent too

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, November 08, 2013 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree, which I thought was an uncharacteristic mistake for Tate to make. His swan was stunning though (I thought all three of the swans were beautiful). I think Roy's sorceror was the best, Tate's swan was the best, but both of Laura's characters were really, really good and they matched each other the best which won her the competition.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Just bumping because this starts again next week! Love this show...I think it is all newbies this time.

Pamy

01-01-2002

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
wow that was quick!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 2:18 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
So soon!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 2:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
One of the few that I am grateful to see come back on, although I hope it doesn't get over-saturated if you know what I mean.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, January 10, 2014 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
so funny, I was just thinking about this show today!! thanks for the heads up.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Saturday, January 11, 2014 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"So soon!"

TOO soon, in my book. I'm started to get tired of it. Between the regular show and the all-stars versions, it seems to return before anyone even has a chance to miss it.....that's not a good thing for a show that already has such a strict format that the new episodes already feels like repeats, even when you watch them for the first time.