TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through October 19, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: America's Next Top Model - Cycle 16: Archive through October 19, 2013 users admin

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 3:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I am also disappointed with the outcome. I wanted Leila to win. Unfortunately, her runway walk was her downfall. The only 2 girls I did not want to win was Kristin and Laura.

I did not enjoy this season. I was OK with the public having a vote. I thought that was fun. But, the replacement judges, with the exception of one hunky guy, irritated the heck out of me. And, that strange, stringy hair, blonde guy ... what was Tyra thinking? I am a long way from my college years, so maybe that explains my disconnet and why this season rubbed me the wrong way. I miss Nigel and Jay.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Saturday, November 17, 2012 - 5:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
I agree Pam!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 7:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think I deleted this after ep 3, could not get into the new format at all. The new judges/commentators seem aimed at a much younger audience and were annoying as Pam said ie internet guy and the guy who wore the wig.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, November 18, 2012 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I wanted Leila to win too. A girl that is ugly, is so beautiful. Her looks were such a contridiction. Very unique.Plus Im going to say that Laura is probably a child of priviledge and the other two girls needed the scholorship money a lot more.
And really hating the new format. I dont mind social media weighing in,but I think Tyra and gang should have the final say,otherwise its a popularity contest of who gets more camera time.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 9:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
My impression of Leila was that she was beautiful both inside and out. I also thought she had the most "modelesque" body style. I suspect she'll do quite well as a model even without the title. Her runway walk can be fixed with some coaching (calling Miss Jay!).

IMHO, the format changes this season were a mixed bag. I'm probably in the minority in liking Kelly Cutrone. While oftentimes coming off as harsh, she is more often correct and in that regard I believe she brings value to the panel. On the other hand, Rob Evans didn't do it for me and I hope they swap him out next season.

I did like the guy who put together the photo shoots, Johnny Wujeck (sp?) or whatever his name is.

I missed Nigel.

The social media component was an interesting twist, but I feel like it fell a bit flat and didn't really add any excitement or intrigue to the show.

I have no idea how ratings were this season but I personally enjoyed the old format more and hope they readjust some things before next season.

On that note, I am intrigued by the male models competing next season so Tyra and Co. will get me for at least one more season.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 6:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
America's Next Top Model-Guys and Girls. Starts tonight.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 7:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
What channel is this on? Anyone know if it is being shown in Canada?

Gumby

08-14-2004

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 10:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, Canadian TV Guide shows it on the CW tonight at 8pm. Don't know the channel number.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Oh okay. Thanks! I'll have to see if I can get around to watching. I've missed a few seasons.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 12:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Jimmer it's on CTV2 (old A Channel)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, August 02, 2013 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jasper!

Sammi

03-31-2008

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 5:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
If u missed it, u didn't miss much. ugh!!!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 7:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Now I thought it was more interesting than last season which I binned after about four eps.

I'm going to keep watching to see how they deal with the photo shoots. I still wish she had Nigel and the Jays.

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 12:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
I was on the phone and missed the last half. Did they explain why they didn't choose the young AA man with the gorgeous face who ran track and was very confident because he won at everything? DH and I thought for sure he would make it on the show.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 2:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
They kept saying that they would be all competing, but by choosing 8 and 8, the initial competition was guys vs guys and girls vs girls. Don't understand some of the picks, but.....
I miss Nigel and the social network thing seems ridiculous. But, I am old.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 3:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Beach no they didn't say anything about any of the people they sent home. I think his attitude may have been what did him in. They only one that I could plainly see why she was booted was the girl who couldn't walk in heels to save her life.

Carlp me too I wonder how the social media will play in this yr. I don't care for that aspect but I imagine their demographic isn't us! I have no idea who Brianboy is.

When they asked Adam (booted) how old he was and he said 22 I was glad someone said you look so much older. I thought the same thing, 40s I was thinking. He reminded me of Tim Meadows from SNL

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Saturday, August 03, 2013 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
Thanks Jasper! That is a shame, he has such a striking face.

Granjan

05-10-2011

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Is anyone watching this show? I had to comment, couldn't be silent any longer.....The guy with the facial hair and that they put extensions in his hair.....what the heck were they thinking? He looks like a homeless street person. The only time he looked presentable was this last episode when his hair was pulled back in a bun thingy for a photo shoot. Sometimes their makeovers puzzle me.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Yes his weave is dreadful. It doesn't seem quite fair when Tyra drops the ball on some of the makeovers.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Sunday, September 15, 2013 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I think that Chris's makeover is an epic fail. He is not an attractive guy and the makeover seemed to enhance that. And those crazy eyes at the photoshoot? Phil's weave is pretty rough. Marvin seems very very young. I can't believe there is so many men left in the comp compared to women.

Luvmom

10-17-2000

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 6:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvmom a private message Print Post    
Still not liking Chris. His picture was not appealing last night. Nina is so much more interesting as a model. I felt bad that she went home

Granjan

05-10-2011

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
I'm really bummed that Nina went home. I thought most of her photo shoots were outstanding, maybe not the last one, but I guess they judge on that. She was such a sweet person. Darn. Even if Chris were to win, I can't see him succeeding as long as he has that attitude. And I'm sick of seeing Marvin and his girl. I like her, but I wish they would cut out the "togetherness".

Sammi

03-31-2008

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Thought I was the only one watching this mess. I don't care for Chris either, he causes so much drama. To be honest I don't care for any of them and don't understand why I tune in every week. Guess there is nothing else of interest to me in that time slot.

Luvmom

10-17-2000

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 11:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Luvmom a private message Print Post    
I actually adore Corey. Thats why I watch. I also loved Don. Hate that he left. Right now I'd love to see Corey take this :-)

Rvon

12-11-2003

Saturday, October 19, 2013 - 3:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
I would love to see Corey win it too. I do not know what there is about Chris that Kelly Matrone (is that her correct name?) is ga-ga over him each week. There is nothing in him that I see as "model" material. I hope he goes home soon.