TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through April 28, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: The Work World: Undercover Boss: Archive through April 28, 2013 users admin

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 5:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Roxi, just because he was so helpless he couldn't pack for himself and needed a body guard and wouldn't stay in a hotel room unless it was a palatial?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 8:36 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I had recorded it. FFed to his sitting with phone customer service girl. Admittedly, she may not have given caller all info she could / should have, but she was very pleasant on the phone. That counts for a lot. I could NOT stand that boss. I didn't watch any more. Dumped the show.

Texannie

07-15-2001

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 10:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Texannie a private message Print Post    
I thought it was good that he recognized it was due to her lack of training and not that she wasn't good at her job. Many bosses wouldn't see that.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 10:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I couldn't blame him for being frustrated with the girl...how many times have we all dealt with her? The person on the other end of the phone who isn't willing to figure out a solution and just tells us no. It kind of makes me feel better to hear him say it was a learning situation but still...if I had been a customer I would have been so frustrated (although I rarely accept "no" from a custmer service agent...I usually insist on being moved higher up the ladder).

In all other ways though I thought he was ridiculous...his poor trophy wife...I wonder if she has to wipe his butt for him too?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Monday, January 16, 2012 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
'Undercover Boss' star finds appearance brings unwanted attention
By Howard Stutz
LAS VEGAS REVIEW-JOURNAL

Not going to post ANY piece of this article, but it is interesting reading.
Google "Undercover Boss Unwanted Attention"

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 8:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The thing about this is that I always get tickled at those horrible disguises...I mean if you are a multi-millionaire can't you afford a better disguise...a decent wig? And how many people in the world are going to look at someone and think "oh, you look like the CEO of my company!" Okay, in the most recent show I understand that this man had his picture plastered all over his resort (insert snicker here about his meglomaniac obsession with his own wonderfulness), but I really don't think that most people are that observant.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 - 9:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
The guy was certainly generous. But I couldn't help but wonder if his generosity was more about throwing money around to show he could, than it was about being compassionate towards the neediness of the people he was helping. But I guess the folks who benifited from his generosity probably don't care how it came about. LOL.

Roxip's definition of "meglomaniac obsession with his own wonderfulness" is spot on!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 5:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
Sort of an odd episode last night. It seemed to lack something but I don't know what.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 8:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
It lacked me watching...I didn't even remember to record it.

Legalboxer

11-17-2003

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 12:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Legalboxer a private message Print Post    
i actually liked last night - she seemed sincere - at least to me... they didnt do the company round up at the end but that is understandable with multiple franchises in one company...

Roxip

01-29-2004

Monday, January 23, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
They didn't do it the week before either. The "reward" part was at his vacation home.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 6:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
The TLC Channel has a new show starting tonight..."Undercover Boss:Abroad"...it's on 9-10 & 10-11 PM. Reshown at midnight.

Jag2000

07-01-2009

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jag2000 a private message Print Post    
TLC is showing something else. Sorry, it was listed on their web site schedule.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Saturday, February 18, 2012 - 9:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Checkers/Rallys CEO has a good head on his shoulders and looks like he did the right thing all around this episode.
Not familiar with this chain. I wonder if customers have noticed any difference.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 5:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
Dang. Watching this week's episode was a huge mistake. Now I really want a soft pretzel!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Saturday, April 28, 2012 - 2:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
That place that made the pretzel buns didn't look any too clean.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Sunday, April 29, 2012 - 9:26 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Funny, Whoami, had the same thought. Subliminal advertising?

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Friday, June 01, 2012 - 5:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I take it tonight's episode is a rerun? I don't watch this show consistently, but tonight's eppy with them working with the older people, hit a little close to me. Had me tearing up. Reminded me of last weeks with my mom and dad.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Friday, November 09, 2012 - 6:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
The Tilted Kilt episode tonight was really good.

It turned into a real tearjerker in a nice way.

Kaysarluvsme

08-07-2005

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 4:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
Anyone watch last nights show with Retro gym? The Jaclyn girl was one who deserved more than just a firing!! I have tried finding it on YouTube to show to my son who seems to attract girls like her, but can't find it yet. Any ideas for another way to find a link?

Gumby

08-14-2004

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 6:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
http://www.cbs.com/shows/undercover_boss/

It's on CBS's website.

Kaysarluvsme

08-07-2005

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 6:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kaysarluvsme a private message Print Post    
Thanks, Gumby :-)

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, April 27, 2013 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I watched the 5 minute clip of her. OMG!

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 5:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I agree Kay, she was horrible!

Even when she knew who he was she talked back to him!

I guess she is going to be on a new show in May about unbelievable employees. I was stunned!

Whoami

08-02-2001

Sunday, April 28, 2013 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I agree she was awful. Boy, did she ever think she was a big shot!

I interpreted that blurb at the end that she'll be on a special episode on this series, and the episode would center around "epic employees."