TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 24, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 24, 2013 users admin

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I just tape both shows each week and watch the three hours in about an hour. There are so many acts I don't care to see and I don't need to watch the judges saying the same things over and over. Both Howie and Howard have told at least 5 acts each that they will win the whole thing.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 11:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
We always DVR as well. The promos for this week appeared to be weaker acts....compared to the first week that had more than 4 standouts.
Thank goodness for the wildcard round, cause a couple acts from last week deserve a second chance.
Unfortunately, hubby wasn't home last night so we'll have to watch after work today.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Is anyone going to spoil tonight for us West Coasters? Please, please, please!!!

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 11:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I liked the dancing/tumbling girls and the three opera guys and thought they deserved to go through. The country singer didn't deserve to go through on last night's performance but I understand why he did.

Although I wasn't keen on the comedienne, I'm glad she beat the BOOTY guys, don't need to see that again!

Extreeeeeemely glad neither of the gross acts went through. The other acts were just okay but not special enough to get through imo.

Next week looks to be a week of very strong acts.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 6:47 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Innovation (girls tumbling/dancing)
Country Singer (he was soooo flat, the Hawaiian 12y was much better).
Tenors (were fabulous)
Angela Hoover (comedian who does voices - she was funny).
So glad none of the danger acts when through. My 5th choice were the synchronized swimmers.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Thursday, August 01, 2013 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Agree with both Kitt & Konamouse's thoughts of who went through.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 7:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Can someone please spoil for us West Coasters? Who made it through tonight? Thanks!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 9:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Still watching the show from last night (off the DVR), but I can spoiler from the AGT Twitter (saves me have to watch the results show, LOL).

1. American Military Spouses Choir (singing)
2. Kenichi Ebina (dancer)
3. Jonathan Allen (opera)
and the final was between Mitsi Dancing School (oriental dancing group) or Chicago Boyz Team (tumblers)
Judges went with the Boyz

Wish the magic act was faster/more "wow". Don't we already have an opera act? Would have rather the Mitzi Dance than the singer. Happy about the choir.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 07, 2013 - 10:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wanted Mitsi Dance School too. I didn't think the Chicago Boyz were as good as before or as good as other acts we've seen.

They showed the accident at the the end of the Chicago Boyz' performance last night and the guy who slipped broke his leg in three places, and is out for two or three months. They said they have an understudy but he was pretty broken up about it.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Friday, August 09, 2013 - 9:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thought th magic trick was great but yes too long til the wow. It seems like they could forgo all those canes, but I guess they need the time to do the switch.

The Chicago boys is fun and fast but I preferred the girls. Actually I would have preferred the comedian over they'd both.

I hated that they kept showing that guy and his accident over and over, I had to keep looking away. Reminded me of my own accident and made me feel queasy to put it politely.

All in all except for Marty I'm pretty happy with the bunch moving on.

Lol I did say to after seeing the groups for next week, what happens to Tummy Talk if their Tummy drops out?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 14, 2013 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Favorites this week that didn't make the cut:
Aerial Ice, Dave F (fire juggler).

And the four act going on:

[yay] Cami Bradley (singer, piano player)
[meh] Jimmy Rose (ex-Marine country singer)
[yay] Timber Brown (gymnast)
and the judges went 2 for Chole Chanel (young singer) and 2 for Taylor. [yay] America put Taylor Williamson through (comedian)

Cannot believe next week they are putting both young dancing pairs (brother vs sister) against each other (again). Doubt both will get to the next round this time.

Jezzedout

09-07-2006

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jezzedout a private message Print Post    
Hey Kona... are u saying that the little blonde, rifle toting, country singer from north Florida did not get put thru?

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 15, 2013 - 3:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Sorry Jezzedout, Chole & her purple cowgirl boots did not get through this week. But maybe she'll be back in the Wild Card show?

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 11:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I want the older of the two kid dancing duos, Duo Resonance (the acrobatic dancers), Sprice (the domino + other stuff kid) and the shadow dancing people.

I thought the guy up the tall ladder who swung down wasn't thrilling enough (although I get it was dangerous), the girl with the beautiful voice did a song that just wasn't strong enough, the younger dancers weren't a good as the older ones. Didn't like the Dj girl and rapper.

The choir, the singer and the contortionist were all good and maybe would have beaten some of the others on other weeks. The comedian was ok too.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 2:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I agree with your choices. I loved the Paso Doble those kids did. In fact, I had to rewind and watch it again.

Nessietessie

02-03-2007

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nessietessie a private message Print Post    
We like the older of the dance duos. They are spot on. The younger girl dancer is too annoying the way she bad mouths her brother, she really needs to be brought down a notch or two.
Just my opinion.

Kitt

09-05-2000

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 6:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Definitely she lost herself some votes there, particularly as the brother had been so nice about her.

Rvon

12-11-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Will someone please spoil tonight?

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Voted to go on:

D'Angelo & Amanda
Dave Fenley
Catapult
John Wing

Heidi used her wild card to send on Duo Resonance.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Wednesday, August 21, 2013 - 8:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Between John Wing and Duo Resonance, judges 3 - 1 voted John Wing through. So that's when Heidi used her wild card to send Duo Resonance through.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Thursday, August 22, 2013 - 7:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I can't believe Mel B used her wild card to send the one hit wonder Booty guys through!

Sammi

03-31-2008

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 1:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I wish I had the patience to watch this show but with all the bullsh_t that they show I just can't stand to stay on that channel. I can't stand the host and only like Heidi as a judge. When the final show is on I guess I will tape it and just FF through all the fluff.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 2:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I tape the two shows every week and watch on Saturday. It takes less than an hour to watch the three hours of shows - fast forwarding through the dare devil acts, the fluff and the BS.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Friday, August 23, 2013 - 5:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
I record the one-hour recap and one-hour voters' picks on Wednesday while I'm watching two hours of Master Chef -- one hour rerun and one-hour original program. Then watch record two hours of AGT. FF through a lot. I don't watch it on Tuesday nights.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Saturday, August 24, 2013 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Did John Wing get thru? I havent been watching and someone told me he was a contestant. I used to watch this guy on the comedy channel years ago and wondered what happened to him. Glad to see he's back.