TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 31, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Wives - House, Mob and Others: The Real Housewives of New Jersey: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 31, 2013 users admin

Mummy35332

09-09-2005

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 2:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mummy35332 a private message Print Post    
Oh heck, I'd get off my couch and fight with the PTO women for an extra 50,000. Other than that I'll let them have their power high. Obviously they need it....at least the ones I know.

I would like to see a housewives series with middle income people. I am assuming Bravo pays for the trips anyway. We could carpool to the nearest outlet mall and have $500 to spend...we would be happy.

I think I heard on WWHL that their might be some real healing at the get away this season...so I am hanging in for a while.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 7:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I do not like Teresa. I am actually getting sick of the show...need to stop watching...LOL

Shelb724

10-20-2002

Tuesday, July 16, 2013 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Shelb724 a private message Print Post    
Mummy, I saw that too on WWHL. I would be so happy for that. One other thing I noticed is that Joe Giduce is definitely more involved with his kids and Theresa this year. I think he either learned a big lesson last year or he has stopped fooling around!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Holy cow - someone is going to Federal prison for a long time!!!

39 Federal Counts Against Guidice

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Yes, CNN just had a short item on the Giudices. This is serious for them. Personally, I have little sympathy.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
When the Feds got you, the Feds got you. We just had two similar cases down here in New Orleans involving husbands and wives. Both wives ended up pleading out and testifying against their husbands. In one of the cases, I think the wife got maybe 18 months in prison while the husband stayed with the children, and then he starts his sentence after she is released (they had children under the age of 18). In the other case, the wife's involvement wasn't as criminal as the one above, and she pleaded out, got probation but was able to stay home with the children.

Obviously, being as Teresa is the breadwinner in this family she has to work to pay the IRS, fines and penalties. I suspect she will plead out and testify against Joe. Unfortunately, she will spend the next 10 years working to pay everything back - because the IRS, the banks, and everyone else will get paid.

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 3:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Wow! How do you not file taxes for 5 years in a row and think you're not going to get caught..especially being in the limelight.

Came in here to ask how long did everyone think this détente with her brother and Melissa would last.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I think it will last a lot longer than people think, because unless Tre testifies against Juicy, Melissa and Poison will probably end up watching her kids for the next 10-15 years.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Monday, July 29, 2013 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Federal charges are serious. Bank fraud, tax evasion, etc. - that is some serious stuff. I feel sorry for Theresa's parents and the kids. This was all about greed and low life stealing. Ridiculous. Are all those stupid Gucci bags worth it now???

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 6:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
All over our local papers yesterday and today; front page news in NJ/NYC metro area.

If they go to the slammer, hubby and I agreed that her parents and/or brother will get the kids (or maybe Joe's brother, Pete? -- although he looks a bit shady too!)

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 7:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
My money is on Teresa taking a plea and probation to testify against Joe. She also has to continue working to pay back all that money. The money you defrauded and the taxes you didn't pay don't "go away" once you are indicated and/or convicted. It has to be paid back even if it means selling the kitchen sink. She has no choice unless she wants Melissa and Joe to raise her children for the next 15 years.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 7:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
They are supposed to be in court today.
Question: do you think she will really testify against Joe? What would she claim - that she just signed whatever he told her to? Not sure that works with the Feds. Agree that future earnings will be seized by the Feds for compensation to the banks. What a mess.

Thanks to keep us up to date since you get far more news of this on the East Coast!

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pdx, she has NO choice but to testify against Joe if she has any chance of staying out of jail. As I stated upthread, we recently had two cases here in New Orleans where the wives did testify against their husbands because there were young children at home.

Are we expected to believe that Teresa had no idea they weren't filing tax returns? Come on. And she is the one that turned in a phony W2 when applying for a loan. Tre's hands are dirty in this. She'll flip for the Feds.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 8:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Latest wrinkle they mentioned on CNN: Joe isn't a US citizen. He's an Italian citizen, and could be deported after any prison sentence.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 10:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
Got it, and thanks for the explanation and updates! Now I wonder if Joe divulged his citizenship or not on all those mortgage/loan docs. More mess. I don't think they televise Federal trials, or this would be more interesting than the show itself

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I wonder how Teresa will spin this to make it seem like they did nothing wrong...

Taxes... if the IRS finds you had 'inconsistencies' or didn't pay taxes (which is really stupid).... they don't let go until they get their due. That's how major crooks (Al Capone, etc) are usually put away.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Pdx, unfortunately (for us), they don't televise federal trials. Totally sucks for us.

I can't imagine how brazen one has to be to not file tax returns. Years ago, before I bought my house, I owned a condo. I received a letter from the La. Dept. of Treasury and they threatened to lien my condo over $12.00, which I had underpaid. They had changed the state filing form and it was so confusing I'm surprised I didn't underpay by more. So I sent them a check for $12.00, sold my condo, bought a house and have used a tax preparer every year since.

Anywho, it sounds like this investigation has been going on for years into the Guidices. I'm sure one of the first exhibits that will be introduced into evidence is the clip from the first season where Tre bought furniture and pulled out $100,000 in cash.

Pdxtransplant

07-09-2010

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pdxtransplant a private message Print Post    
I am just amazed how willing people are to not just break laws, but to lie, cheat, and steal at any opportunity. I would be sleeping on the floor under my bed just knowing that the Feds would be showing up any day to haul me away. I am not a risk taker! Also, I don't lie, cheat or steal either. It takes too many lies to cover up falsehoods and I would never be able to keep it all straight, what I had told to whom. And if I had kids????????? To willingly put them in jeopardy?????? It's just unreal to me.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 12:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I had a friend who was self employed, cleaning houses for a living. She did not pay taxes for nearly 5 years and, of course, the IRS found her. She had no paperwork as to how much money she made and what her expenses were for her 'business'. There was nothing that she could do to defend against what the IRS said that she owed. Because of that, she had to pay what the IRS said that she owed in taxes and penalties. It was a huge amount and she didn't really have a large income. From then on, she filed taxes and kept track of her income and expenses.

Punkin

08-13-2009

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 12:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Punkin a private message Print Post    
This has got to be the "death knell" for this Bravo franchise. I hope. I know the court case can take years to actually get to trial, but Bravo can not pay the Giudices to film another season knowing Tre and Joe fraudulently under-reported the amount they were paid by Bravo on their tax reports and are under Federal indictment for that, among other crimes. I see that Bravo, as of last time I looked, are still saying "No Comment". I guess that the Feds neglected to warn them of the shite-storm about to hit one of their "stars". Probably a lot of scrambling in the boardrooms today. LOL I might even watch Bravo's stupid live show tonite to see if Andy has anything to say about it.

So funny to read about Joe's mother cussing at the reporters. Ha! Better get used to it! These folks will be the TMZ type press's equivalent of Bernie Madoff. I doubt Tre can continue to go to her gym or visit Kim D's shop without battling the paparazzi. Teresa, herself, created all the "Teresa haters" and those poor kids of theirs will get an even harder time at school with this new bomb set off by their parents.

I look at how much time I have spent since yesterday talking about these awful people and it just confirms to me that I have spent way too much time watching "Housewives" garbage on my TV since I retired. I'd better get back to the quality programming that is Big Brother. :>)

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 12:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Not to mention that everything that is being filmed... everything, even the stuff that we don't see.... can be 'requested' by the IRS to build a case against Teresa and her husband. So, everytime Bravo filmed Teresa buying something and paying with cash can be included in the court case.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 - 2:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
Well, I just read the 39-count indictment and there is no way Teresa can't say she knew nothing about Joe's activities. In part of the 39 counts, particularly where it is dealing with the bankruptcy fraud, Tre did not list her income from "Fabulicious."

I do remember back during Season Two when they filed the initial bankruptcy petition, Tre also listed her HW income as $36,000. The problem was Tre got a bump in salary in Season Two to $110,000 - but she didn't amend her Petition. If you remember way back then, whenever she was questioned about it she would say she couldn't talk about it. That is why she had to withdraw her original bankruptcy petition - because she committed perjury on the form where she was listing her assets.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 12:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
I read that Joe and Melissa are trying to sell their house for $500,000, but they have 2.5 million in loans out on it. Wouldn't that be the same thing Joe and Teresa are being charged with?

What banks gave these guys these loans. You have to have appraisals. Doesn't make sense.

It's not illegal for Joe G. to have filed business bankruptcy even though they had personal money. Apparently, Trump does it all the time.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 1:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
A business bankruptcy is totally different from a personal bankruptcy. But, at the end of the day, they committed fraud 10 different ways from Sunday in their loan applications, their bankruptcy filings and amendments, and not paying income taxes.

The fact that Teresa has retained separate counsel reinforces my opinion that she will flip and testify against Joe in hopes of a plea deal so she can raise the children. Right now she's kind of screwed because, even though she's out on bail, she can only travel between NY and NJ. All of her appearances outside of those states have to be canceled - which is less money in her pocket.

Kellsma

08-27-2002

Wednesday, July 31, 2013 - 2:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellsma a private message Print Post    
Interesting article
http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2013/07/31/teresa-giudice-case-could-get-messy-for-bravo-housewives-franchise/