TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 13, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through March 13, 2013 users admin

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Okay, but that belly mouth was pretty cool. I think they were rewarding House for his ingenuity and vision. I think perhaps also the judges wanted to give Anthony a little less pressure, since rewarding him the first three challenges straight had undoubtedly painted a HUGE target on him.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 11:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The idea of the belly mouth was different and he lucked out with a model who could undulate. But I still think it looked like crap.

If the judges thought that way about Anthony it is just wrong. No one should be penalized for doing well. As far as putting a target on Anthony it's not like his fellow competitors can vote him out. Having him do so well seems to be inspiring some of the others to step up there own efforts. But overall at this point in past seasons the work was pretty awe inspiring. this season most of the work has seemed amateurish to me (in comparision).

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought last season's work was spectacular at this point...a lot of these people just don't seem as polished. Did they just get lucky or have they pretty much gone through most of the truly talented people out there who haven't as yet gotten work in the "big" markets?

It seems to me that they have more "haunted house" artists this time around.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 3:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I think they have more "horror" artists EVERY season.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 07, 2013 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I'm glad it's not just me, I was starting to think I was being overly critical. The female talent is especially disappointing compared to last year. And yes they do seem lean more to the grotesque, not even really scary.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Friday, February 08, 2013 - 7:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
For the most part I don't think they are even professional makeup artists...some of these people seem more like those people who show up around Halloween to work (and perform) at haunted houses. There are only a few of them who I think are (or have the potential) to be professionals...obviously Anthony, that dark-haired guy (although I think he thinks he is a little better than he is at this point), Alam (although she is very young), Chris...the rest of them are really going to have to get better. Not sure about the guy with the half-shaved head and House - they've had interesting designs but their execution hasn't been particularly clean.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, February 12, 2013 - 10:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
That huge giant was fantastic!

Good decision on who went, her hand obviously wasn't going to get better while she was working so hard during the show.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yeah, too bad it took them 3 shows to figure that out. Although quite honestly so far nobody has been let go that I thought was particularly great.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, February 13, 2013 - 10:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I was thinking please let it be Jenna!!!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 14, 2013 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I'm just going to say it now that this is my favorite reality show. It really does depend on an individual's unique skill and there really isn't any way to manipulate it to hide one's natural ability or lack thereof. I'm always blown away by even the worst of the makeup - I can't imagine where these ideas come from! I also like that the contestants seem to really support one another, even when they are competing against one another.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, February 19, 2013 - 9:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought some of today's judges' decisions were strange. I can't see what possessed them to choose Meghan's creature as anything other than bottom, and I thought they'd at least have given Alum another chance because she's done good things in the past. I saw what they meant about Anthony's chest piece looking like armour rather than body, and the face horn things weren't right, but they slagged the paint job and design when to me it looked like a well painted ant.

And for the best looks I liked the one who didn't incorporate the design element, but the other one was a nice shape that didn't seem to look so good once painted in flat colours.

Just not digging the judging this season. I'm beginning to wonder if they are creating or prolonging the drama somehow by keeping bad people and making things sound better or worse than they really are.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 4:31 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Meghan's was awful and it was all her this time.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 8:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I would have been really unhappy if they had gotten rid of Anthony based on one bad design. And to be honest I didn't think it was all that bad - it just wasn't up to his usual standards. Glenn's pithy little "if you are still here" statement was stupid.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 20, 2013 - 11:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Anybody watching FaceOff: Redemption? I just watched the only episode so far online and it was kind of interesting. It is also less than 9 minutes which is a good thing when you are at work...LOL! But I really don't like Glenn.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I keep meaning to watch Redemption but haven't yet... Yep, Glenn is a sore spot on anything, I even get annoyed when they just introduce him in the judge's section, he doesn't have to do anything for me to not like him!

Very good (finally) result yesterday! I felt bad for the guy she was with, he's always seemed sweet, but the judges were right in that he should have asserted himself more, or at least insisted he would do one part of it without her influence (like the back or something). Maybe he did and she just didn't care.

It seems like they're beginning to warn the crazy looking guy (Eric F?) that they've had enough of grand designs he can't finish. And it was the second time Anthony sculpted a face that seemed masklike, I guess he's better with more subtle appliances and make ups.

They did well on the zombie makeups... except you know who!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 27, 2013 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I thought it was about darned time she was gone! My daughter and I talked about young Eric and I told her that in his defense his is only about 21 or so, but he needs to grow a backbone if he wants to work in this industry. I'm sure it was a good lesson learned for him.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I didn't even realize how young Eric was, or I just never paid attention. I thought the zombie challenge was fun. I am so happy Autumn is gone - I still can't get over the gummy bear with an afro!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 10:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I checked online (and then of course got lost for a while in the online world of Face/Off...LOL) and Eric Z is 22.

Got so much accomplished, I am now Anthony's fan on Facebook...LOL!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 12:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Finally she is gone! I think she is just an overbearing person. Loved that Ve put her in her place. Glenn gets on my last nerve as well but he must have some redeeming qualities, Ve seems to work an awful lot with him as his boss and she seems very nice. This was the first time that I didn't hear a supportive comment from the judges when a contestant left.

Except for Kris and Wayne's I didn't like any of the others.

And my personal pet peeve, would everyone on television please learn to pronounce ECSTATIC properly, not ESTATIC.

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, February 28, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
zactley for exactly lol

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 7:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
There was a lot of bad, good thing it was double elimination. They should have just made the challenge: make a fish person. The top 2 did show the most talent (anthony and wayne). I think House stinks, all his sculps looks so rough and bumpy.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 9:56 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree that House was borderline, especially in this challenge. Next week should be really good - we are down to the serious contenders at this point. IMO Anthony and Chris are the strongest, with Eric and House trailing behind. I think Eric has huge potential, he just seems to have a problem with being obsessed with going over the top. His head on his creature was just weird and featureless.

This was the Anthony we saw the first couple of shows - his sculpt was amazing and he used the coloring effects very well. Loved watching him in the black light booth applying it.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 11:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I thought House would go for this challenge, but maybe they brought past performance into account, and that's why they chose the other two.

Yep, Eric needs to think on a smaller scale. They've warned him about overreaching once (or maybe twice?) but he keeps doing it. Someday it's going to come back and bite him.

They teased us with Anthony's luminescence! Did you notice when they showed him in the room he just spattered some and did a few dots, and it looked like he didn't know what to do with it, and then in the end he had this great design. Sneaky edit. I'm surprised more of them didn't use the luminescent paint better.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, March 06, 2013 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I wish they had featured the back of his design more - to me the brief glimpse they showed of it truly showed a depth of work, especially with the luminescent paint. It was quite intricate.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, March 13, 2013 - 8:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I agreed with who won the challenge and who went home. I just feel like it's the same thing week after week - the same explanation on how they need to work on the sculp and have the mold dry, yada yada yada. Last season seemed a little more exciting.