TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 06, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: Face Off on SyFy: Archive through February 06, 2013 users admin

Naja

06-28-2003

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 10:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I liked the Arctic ice king best, but they ended up in the middle somewhere. My second favorite was the tree king, but I think he came in second.

I really didn't see why the judges fawned all over the skull looking one with the uneven eyes. I thought it was sub-par. But what do I know.

I didn't really get to know the people this ep. I'll concentrate on that next week.

Panda

07-15-2005

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 10:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
Yes, thanks for the heads up! I didn't even know a new season was starting and saw this the other day.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I didn't think the judges fawned over the uneven eyes of the skull...I thought they were cautioning the contestant that it was borderline whether it was uneven or un-good (for lack of a better term).

Funny how they all assumed the guy who won the first challenge would tank the second challenge, and then he and his partner went out and won it and he got commended once again. I liked him and it makes me worry that the other contestants will try and sabotage him in the future.

I thought they might get rid of that woman that they commented that she didn't really do very much (she had lots of blonde hair). All in all, I think the appropriate person went home.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I took it the same way Naja did, like they were commending the skull people on how well they'd done walking that thin line, when I also thought it looked pretty bad compared to a lot of the others.

I thought the woman they said didn't do much would go home too. I thought the standard of all of them was very high though.

I hope they do more varied challenges this season, last season they all seemed a bit the same after a while.

And no bringing back booted contestants!!!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 4:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
loved the tree trunk one the best.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, January 17, 2013 - 11:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
I loved the tree king, hubby liked the arctic king, but the rock king was also very well done. Volcano was a shoe-in to be booted.

Panda

07-15-2005

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 4:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I liked the tree one, too!

Zgoodgirl

08-22-2003

Friday, January 18, 2013 - 5:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Zgoodgirl a private message Print Post    
I loved the tree one and the desert one. I really think that the tree should have won.

I am not sure of the names yet, but I was so over the girl who was with the rock team gripping about her going home through the entire show just because her partner had immunity. I hope the guy who did get immunity for the face off stays a long time. He doesn't seem too cocky and is taking it all in. He is really good too!

There are some talented people on this season. It looks like it's going to be good.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, January 22, 2013 - 9:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Lots of misses this week I thought, very few of them seemed "super hero" to me. Or maybe it's my outdated idea of what a super hero is. The guy who won (again)'s head was fantastic with that crack down the middle! I didn't like either of the two with him in the best three, the skinned woman was just icky, and the other one with see through skin looked a bit too disorganised for my tastes.

I was going to comment on a few of the others but I've forgotten them already!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 6:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
The icicle man got through without her even being in the bottom 3, which I was surprised about.

Is there going to be a backlash against the guy who keeps winning everything? Probably, which is a shame because I think he seems like a really nice guy but his skill level is pretty much higher than most of the others. The only one who seems close to him is the buff guy with dark hair, and even this time his makeup was incomplete.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, January 23, 2013 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I agree with both posts! None of them were what I would think a DC super hero would be! I thought the skinned girl was very gory, he did a good job but yuck!

I cannot believe the blue ice guy made it through, either but I do agree with who left.

It seems like a lot of them are just a mess this year!

Roxip

01-29-2004

Tuesday, January 29, 2013 - 10:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Was hoping that the annoying woman with the face piercings would go home so I wouldn't have to listen to her anymore. Seems unfair that Katie had to go home but she quite honestly didn't have the experience at this point for this competition.

Anthony rocks! I have noticed that they barely even show his work in progress...I suspect because his work is usually so much better than anyone else's. I'm sure Aman was very happy to be his partner tonight.

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 4:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I can't believe Anthony won again. Wait a minute actually I can believe it!

I think that is Autumn with the face piercings and I am with you on that I'd be okay with her going.

Those arm/leg thing Katie made looked awful.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 7:57 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
Yes, Autumn. You are right. I thought I was going to like her at the beginning, but she has become snarky and kind of ridiculous as time goes by...and not snarky in a good way.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 9:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, she's the "mean girl" character who is meant to get her comeuppance! The storytelling was quite obvious last night, they showed her saying she loved it and they were going to be "best looks" so many times you just knew she was going to be near the bottom.

I felt bad for the two red haired women, particularly as the one with the hand problem slowed them down and the one without was the one who went. That arm/leg thing was awful though.

Anthony for the win! ;)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, January 30, 2013 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
The quality of the work, or lack thereof is glaring compared to prior seasons. The only decent one was Anthony and Aman's. I thought the other one was horrible and not in a good way, with the exception of the horns. It must have looked totally different in person. In general most of the work from the past three eps seems amateurish to me.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 8:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Last night they should have just let the entire bottom 3 go home. What messes those were.

Hearing about the one girl's hands through each show is getting tiring. I really feel for her since I also have aching hands, but enough is enough already.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 9:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Who went home? I missed the last couple of minutes.

Naja

06-28-2003

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 10:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Alex went home. She's the pretty blond girl who did the pageant girl make-up.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 11:28 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Agree - all the bottom three had huge issues. I think both the black haired woman and the woman with the wrist problem need to go very soon, also then we might see more of the others during the show.

And Anthony didn't win either challenge, not even top three!

Panda

07-15-2005

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 11:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Panda a private message Print Post    
I thought the same about the bottom 3, all could have gone.

I think the candy idea was fun but these people only know how to do things with pointy noses.

No Anthony didn't win but his character was finished and put together!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I really thought he should have been top three. I'm getting tired of the designs that are basically some kind of demon just slightly adapted to suit the challenge.

Roxip

01-29-2004

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 11:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roxip a private message Print Post    
I agree about the bottom 3 too. The woman with the damaged hand - sorry for her but she knew that it was going to be this type of competition - the woman with the piercings - a waste of casting IMO, especially because she is so delusional.

Was happy to see Anthony not win, because I was afraid he might fizzle out or the judges' expectations of him would be so high that they would judge him more harshly. I want him to win the whole thing.

I thought the guy who did win (Kris?) had an amazng makeup and used the candy well. I also liked the mouth on the stomach of the other guy (House?) but thought the head was sloppy. I wasn't enamored of Alam's work but then again I'm not purveyor of anime (the eyes freaked me out).

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 1:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Ditto on the whole bottom three being eliminated.

I thought Chris deserved the win and Anthony should have been in the top, not House. His looked incredibly sloppy to me. (Looked like a kid painted it for Halloween) So did Alam's for that matter, even on TV you could see all the rough edges.

Autumn does seem to think she is head and shoulders above the others but each week her stuff looks crappy. For some reason she reminds me of Shawnee Smith, I think it is the way she speaks.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, February 06, 2013 - 4:17 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Anthony should have been top 3 instead of House. They only liked House's belly mouth, the rest was sloppy (i.e. the body paint). Anthony's look was very complete, neat, clean, and embodied the theme of challenge. This season is his - as long as he doesn't mess up.