TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through January 09, 2013

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dance Moms: Archive through January 09, 2013 users admin

Redpen

07-24-2003

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 5:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Just saw a commercial for the next season, starting Jan. 1. It's hilarious! Abby doing Flashdance!

Pamy

01-02-2002

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 7:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pamy a private message Print Post    
its hysterical!!

Dlkuhn4

07-14-2002

Wednesday, December 05, 2012 - 11:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dlkuhn4 a private message Print Post    
I seen it too and laughed! Is anyone watching her new show? I am enjoying it

Redpen

07-24-2003

Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 5:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I'm enjoying the new show too. Those girls are fantastic.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 6:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I like the new show to and I thought who ever came up with that commercial was a genius:-)

Sammi

03-31-2008

Thursday, December 06, 2012 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
I really like Abby's new show. But I think it is an awful lot of pressure for those poor girls. Good grief, what does she expect from them. I'd like to see her do what she expects those poor kids to do. That little Asia is adorabe and it's hard to believe what she does and she is only just turned seven. They are truly amazing. The pussycat judge says she would hire them when they are older. I would like to think that they would be able to do a little bit better than be a lousy pussycat doll the way that they all dance.

Dawn

07-24-2009

Friday, December 07, 2012 - 12:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
^every time robin says that (about them being future pussycat doll dancers) i think "their mom's should horrified"

not that being a pussycat doll is BAD.. but it's not something girls their age should be compared to right now.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Tuesday, December 11, 2012 - 6:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
tonight is the finale of Abby's dance show.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 11:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
Who won?

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Wednesday, December 12, 2012 - 11:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
It came in Briana, the oldest, then Madison, the one with a dancer body and finally who had the personality.

Hummingbird

08-21-2002

Tuesday, January 01, 2013 - 10:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Hummingbird a private message Print Post    
New season, new show tonight. Abby has new make-up and hair people. She actually looked pretty in some of the scenes. And she had a date. Chloe's mother is a psycho and must embarrass her child to death. The new Mom seems really nice and her daughter is very talented. I was afraid those harpies would eat her alive but she held her own.

Mykidsmom

05-08-2011

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 6:23 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mykidsmom a private message Print Post    
I liked Abby's other show where you could see her rationalizing through and giving her constructive criticism. I also LOVE the new commercial with the "Flashdance" theme!

Granjan

05-10-2011

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Granjan a private message Print Post    
Oh, my gosh! The "flashdance" commercial is brilliant.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 12:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Granjan ITA, and I don't watch the show. But it's my fave commercial.

Escapee

06-15-2004

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Escapee a private message Print Post    
Can I ask a couple of questions about this show? First of all, why would ANYONE subject their child to someone who is verbally abusive and hostile. To be on the show?

Also, in all my years of dance, I never had ONE single dance instructor who was morbidly obese or overweight. Each teacher I had could do the dances and steps we did with more grace and was much more limber than we.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Despite how I do not like Christy, Chloe does not deserve the treatment Abby levels on her. If she has a problem with Christy...then attack Christy not Chloe...she is a child. Abby is so "Mattie" obsessed that she does not want Chloe to upstage Mattie...so she has to attack a child to make it better for Mattie. Now this is not Mattie's fault...but Melissa needs to stop some of Abby's obsession. Apparently Brooke was once her "Mattie"...look where that got her! Abby should be ashamed of her treatment of children. Melissa stated that we don't see how much Abby loves the children on TV, but I say nothing she can do off TV will undo the damage she does on TV to the children!

Redpen

07-24-2003

Wednesday, January 02, 2013 - 4:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I think in real life Abby is not so "hands-on" with the kids. I keep noticing young teacher-types off on the side of some scenes. She owns and runs the studio, and probably have final approval on the dance routines. But there's no way she is teaching the kids. Still, I do believe her dance company has won those awards. And I think she amps up the nastiness on TV.

Bbwatcher

09-12-2008

Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 6:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bbwatcher a private message Print Post    
Redpen, you are probably right about Abby's involvement, but I still think she is horrible to a child that tries so hard to please her. I think she is a horror even if she is "amping" it up for TV. JMO

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 9:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think this is a very scripted show and the adults and children know that - the adults get most of the script, but the kids probably know that it is a game. I remember that Abby did not want to have the pyramid, the network insisted, so I don't think she is tone deaf. Abby often comments on her choreographers, so I am pretty sure she is just the manager of the business, not the teachers, although she might supervise the teaching. The only thing I believe is real on this show is the parents/children relationship and the dancing (and that is edited to show what they want. When I watch the show with all this in mind, it is enjoyable - like what are the writers going to do to this character next?

I have seen the children interviewed off the show and they all seem to like Abby, so I think she is not like she is on TV.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Thursday, January 03, 2013 - 8:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
This season seems to have an edge far beyond the previous 2. It seems to me that these are now a bunch of women bound together by a contract to the Lifetime network and sincerely do not like each other and are all pushing each other in hopes that someone will break the contract.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, January 04, 2013 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
Maybe, Kelliripa. But maybe it was because the women think they should act like women in the Real Housewives series?

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Saturday, January 05, 2013 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
I actually don't feel that the show is scripted, but I do think it's heavily edited. Something will be said and then there will be a reaction shot and often those reactions will be out of context. They have continuity issues with the editing. Someone will go off and then the reaction shot will have the girls in the background in previous costumes or the Moms will be out having coffee and the reaction shot will show them mid meal, things like that.

From watching the interview show just prior to the first episode of season 3 there were obviously some things that happened during the summer that changed the dynamics. Abby is cocky coming off of her competition show, sounds like the moms did some independent things to promote their daughters. Kelly and Christi seem to have had a falling out and Christi and Melissa are suddenly good friends, while Melissa has done a complete about face towards Abby.

Also just wanted to add that I've been a "Dance Mom" myself for 20 years, and Abby's size wouldn't necessarily impede her ability to teach dance, some of the best and most respected dance teachers are 70 year old ballet grand dames who walk with canes. I know that many dance educators past their primes use teaching assistants to demonstrate

Terolyn

05-06-2004

Monday, January 07, 2013 - 10:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Terolyn a private message Print Post    
my daughter does not dance but plays club volleyball. It is a highly competitive sport. There are several great clubs here in our area. My daughter wanted to make on particular team because it was the best and the coach was the best. He is also a horse's ass at times. But my daughter says she wants to learn under the best so that is where she goes. Funny thing is I think the mom's are the ones who are more intimidated by him, the girls just suck it up and go on.

Dogdoc

09-29-2001

Tuesday, January 08, 2013 - 7:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dogdoc a private message Print Post    
I work with a woman whose children and now grandchild are into dance.

She said most moms wont go near the Dance Mom's studio here in Pittsburgh.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, January 09, 2013 - 10:37 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
Interesting show last night. That little Sophia is a dynamo. Tons better than Maddie, in my opinion.