TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through September 07, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: America's Next Top Model - Cycle 16: Archive through September 07, 2012 users admin

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
yes Trini, I record it on Much on Sunday nights.

it is the three eps in. I came across it by accident, it doesn't seem to be airing on the channels we normally see it on.

Kelly Cutrone always seemed hard on The City.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Saturday, March 24, 2012 - 11:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
its on CW and on CTV here in vancouver area. you can watch on demand

http://watch.ctv.ca/#clip642355

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 11:02 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
This was surprising...wonder how it will affect the ratings....

-------------

Ugly firings on model show

Model turned media mogul Tyra Banks swung the ax at her longtime “America’s Next Top Model" co-stars J. Alexander, Jay Manuel and Nigel Barker yesterday, dismissing three of the competition’s longest-running personalities in one fell swoop.

Sources tell Page Six that the three mentors were informed yesterday morning that their contracts would not be renewed for the next season.

Barker is a photographer and a judge on the program, while Alexander helped contestants work the catwalk as the “runway trainer.” Manuel served as the show’s creative director. All have been with the program since its inception, in 2003.

“Top Model" is currently in its 18th season, subtitled “British Invasion,” and features former contestants from “Britain’s Next Top Model" and designers and personalities including Marchesa’s Georgina Chapman and TV host Cat Deeley.

A show insider told us the departures were a “production decision" and that there are “major changes planned for [season] 19.”

<snip>

LINK to Page6 - nypost.com

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 11:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
WOW.. Thats pretty shocking!!

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 11:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
Apparently Tyra confirmed that the story is true in a tweet and then both Jay Alexander and Nigel Barker made comments about it on their respective blogs:

LINK to eonline.com

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 12:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Is Tyra going to retire ANTM? It seems that we havent seen much of J Alexander and Jay Manuel this season as it was.
The show has just gotten sillier as we see lots of booty tooching and smizing lessons instead of taking the photos and judging!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Friday, April 20, 2012 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
She's changing ANTM for next season. Guess she wants to put that new Harvard degree to work.

Yes, pretty silly that the girl sent home last week was the one who would not do booty tooching. I had so much respect for that girl saying no. Hope she does well, she was a pretty amazing model.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Saturday, April 21, 2012 - 8:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
They've tried it all, Janice Dickenson, Twiggy and Paulina somebody. It has survived plus size and petite, an all star year, a transgender model, Tyra's singing career plugging cycle, the inexplicable year of the jumpsuits, Miss J's growing bow ties and wigs, that strange accent she uses to introduce the judging panel and maybe even this Brits vs USA fiasco..
ANTM has been smizing it's way over fish, dolphins and even some whales, but swim at your own risk Tyra because dropping the only 3 charismatic cast members means that you are about to Jump the Shark!
maybe that was the point of the "jump" suits?

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Sunday, May 13, 2012 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i'm glad alison left. they were always smashing her ego and i think seeing laura win a few in a row completely demoralized her.

sometimes the favoritism is obvious to us watching but it must ahve been obvious to her too. glad she chose to leave.

only sophie and alison were terrified of the heights to that degree. sophie the fav was put out first. alison was forced to go last.

i think its a miracle her nerves held out. i'm scared of heights too

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 6:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I found Tyra very stern and flinty when she told Alison that she could leave if she wanted but Eboni was still going too!
That shoot on a windy edge of a tall building was crazy! I have to admire anyone who could do it--or think they are nuts!

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 11:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Alisha had gotten a couple of top photos and did really well in the video. To me it just seemed like a bit of a tantrum after two bottom photos that she gave up and didn't want to fight for it. Sophie and Laura may be the favs but there is always a chance if she stuck around that she would have smashed the covergirl shoot. I don't get the Laura love myself. I do like Sophie. I saw both her and Annaliese on Britain's NTM (as well as Catherine). The all seem personable as well.

I can't imagine how Tyra is reinventing the show without Nigel and Jay (Miss J I can do without, I find him annoying).

Cinnamongirl

01-10-2001

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 11:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cinnamongirl a private message Print Post    
hahah me too Jasper. Never cared for Miss J but LOVE Jay & Nigel. Too bad.. Jay was the host of Canadas Top Model and he was perfect...way better than Tyra!!

I don't really like Laura but it does seem to be between her and Sophie.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
i think that tyra must have had reasons. i noticed in friday's paper that Jay has debuted a clothing line with SEARS canada

http://fashionbombdaily.com/2011/04/01/jay-manuel-debuts-his-collection-attitude-for-sears-at-toronto-fashion-week/

Cathie

08-16-2000

Friday, May 18, 2012 - 6:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cathie a private message Print Post    
I really thought the final two should have been Sophie and Annaliese based on their performance in the last episode. I think they must have been set on having a Brit and an American in the final so Laura lucked out. I am hoping for Sophie for the win--she is precious.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 2:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Yup Jay was a good host. We didn't have to hear different affected accents, or about smizing and tooching. Do you think that Nigel, Kelly and Jay feel like big idiots when they have to use those words? Kelly is a tough lady, I just can't see her conforming and being Tyra's sidekick. Does she stay around for next season I wonder?

I'm glad Sophie made it to the final, and I hope she takes the win.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 2:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Jay's fashion line is not bad. Pretty sophisticated for Sears. There are even a couple of items I wouldn't mind having.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Monday, May 21, 2012 - 7:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I am hoping for a Sophie win, as well. I have never warmed to Laura. She may, in reality be a very nice girl, but so far, imho, she has Big Bully stamped all over her. I thought Azlene (I think that was her name) had the strongest and most unique look on the American team. So .... go Sophie!!

Alisons

01-10-2003

Tuesday, May 22, 2012 - 1:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alisons a private message Print Post    
The girl who got DQ'd in December announced that she is pregnant - this came out in the May 21 US. At the time she spoke to them she said she was 5 months along. She got married in February.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 2:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I dislike the new format. The whole scoring system is terrible and time consuming. Tyra may as well just have this air on the internet, it seems to be a platform for several "webrities" and social media. I thought it sucked.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 3:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Agreed, I'm not very fond of the new format either. Tyra seems to be trying to be cutting edge, but I don't see it.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 4:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Agree. I don't mind social media being a 4 TH judge but if one model gets more camera time than another that's not really fair, more ppl r going to have an opinion about the ones that get more air play. Tyra should have the power to over ride the social media scores.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, September 06, 2012 - 4:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I actually thought that there would be a bottom two after the public weighed in and the judges would decide from there. I didn't expect this whole humiliating experience for the girls with the scoring by each judge and reading aloud of comments. They can already read that stuff privately. If you get a whole lot of males voting they are going to go with Kristin, she is gorgeous, but it doesn't mean she is the best model or has the best model photos.

And that photoshoot was crap. What was up with that? Shenae has taken pics for two years, where are the professionals?

I will watch next weeks ep for the makeovers and see if the new guy can pull off a good photoshoot. If it still sucks it will come off the PVR.

Sammi

03-31-2008

Friday, September 07, 2012 - 4:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Think there is something seriously wrong with Victoria. Can't believe the way she cried talking on the phone with her mother. It;s about time shew grew up a little.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Friday, September 07, 2012 - 4:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
She's homeschooled. She's probably overwhelmed and in cultural shock.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Friday, September 07, 2012 - 6:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Most homeschooled people don't act like that. She is way over the top.