TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 30, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 30, 2012 users admin

Smokey

07-08-2003

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
I just can't get over that ball smasher guy. I have a sense of humor, love to laugh. I just don't see the entertainment value in this like Howard Stern does. Maybe it's just me.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 10:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
No, Smokey, it's not just you. It's the only segment that we fast forward through every time.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 10:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Too many death defying acts this time! I couldn't watch the brothers balancing on blades. The guy on the tubes who fell off was almost sure to break his neck, and then someone shot an apple off his own head blindfold!

I fear if any of them go through this time they will actually kill themselves next time! And I'm only half joking.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 8:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Smokey, and Jmm, I agree. That's why I think Howard was a poor pick for judge. His mantra was that he was going to *raise* the level of talent. Really??

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
That guy is still on there? What a dumb show.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:09 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Jimmer, they brought him back in the wild card thing. Each judge got to bring back 4 acts. The ball smasher guy was one of Howard Stern's picks. Hopefully he was voted off. I think results are tonight. I'm only half watching this show this season. I feel like I'm bored with many of them. I love one or two acts, and that's about it.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Kitt, I agree about too many death defying acts. The guy in cement really had me worried. He seemed on the verge of passing out. His face was beet red when he removed the goggles. He just seemed very unstable.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
And not only did he get smacked in the nuts, but many of his partners got into the act as well. Sort of Jackass style stuff. Really stupid. But Howard loved it, and even participated in the end by shooting tennis balls at 90 mph at "Horse." Not just once, but kept insisting on doing it again and again.

I'm not sure which one of them is more unbalanced.

Knightpatti

12-05-2001

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 10:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Knightpatti a private message Print Post    
I hope that ALL THAT made it!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 22, 2012 - 1:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Our favorites:
Ventriloquist (talking dog) = best of the bunch
Bow & Arrow guy
All That (Cloggers) (my pick)
Single gymnastic dancer (konashark's pick)

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 3:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
No singers ftw!!!!!!!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 11:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
And we get 2 singers. Sigh.
Young Mariachi (The Golden Voice)
and the Goth Classical singer (they brought him back after his nerves knocked him out in Vegas).
They won't get past the next round.

Last 2 were Talking Dog/Comedian Ventriloquist, and All That (male cloggers, picked by the judges as the 4th act to go through).

Beachcomber

08-26-2003

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 12:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beachcomber a private message Print Post    
I worry about how that poor little dog breathes not being able to open his mouth. He just looks miserable to me.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 2:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I agree, Beachcomber. The first time I saw the act, I thought it was very clever (the act). Of course the first time I saw the act, I thought he was actually manipulating the dog's mouth in some way. Now, I am really concerned about these animals as it appears their mouths are sealed (for lack of a better word) in some way. I believe dogs pant to help keep themselves cool. Until I know the animals are safe and not suffering in any way, I am not going to like this act.

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 2:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I'm happy the cloggers got through. Thank you judges!!!

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 5:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
The acts are <2 min. His nose is clear.
The humor was much better this round (political/topical). But don't worry, he won't get past the semi's.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, August 23, 2012 - 9:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Well they certainly know how to bloat a results show! Gotta love the ff button.

We were disappointed none of the magic/danger acts got thru. I would have loved to see what Ben Blacque did as a follow up.

I thought both the singers that made it were ho-hum, the goth guy was screechy to me. I would have preferred more opera from him.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 3:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The Scott brothers are the father & uncle of SYTYCD's Ellenore Scott

Jmm

08-15-2002

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 3:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Interesting, Ketchuplover, I did not know that.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 8:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Watching the show off the DVR.
First choices so far are Todd Oliver (ventrilogist) and Scott Brothers.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 8:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Well, Joe Castilo (sand box) took the place of the Scott Bros on our list. And our third choice is Dittleman (mind reader).

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 8:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Wow.
konasharks: Todd Oliver, Joe Castilo, William Close (earth harp).
konamouse: Todd Oliver, Dittleman, Joe Castilo/William Close tied.
Both of us would love to see Tom Cotter get a Vegas show out of this also.

No more singers!!!!

Smokey

07-08-2003

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 10:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
Tom Cotter is really, really good. I was happily surprised in him.

I love William Close. So glad he made it through.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Wednesday, August 29, 2012 - 10:40 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
I wanted Dittleman, Scott Bros, and the dancers at the end.

I got none of them :-(.

Smokey

07-08-2003

Thursday, August 30, 2012 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Smokey a private message Print Post    
It was a tough group to have to pick from. I liked Dittleman, too. I would have prefered him over the sand painter.