TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through August 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through August 21, 2012 users admin

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 11:09 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Did the escape artist go wrong? The thing dropped and the clock stopped at 13 seconds and it seemed like that was the dramatic thing that was meant to happen at 0 seconds, just before he burst out of there, safe and sound. I think there was some sort of malfunction.

Same guy last week, it was so obvious that dropping the key (when inside the box) was planned, not even his father flinched when watching. He needs to work on his props!

I also liked the nerdy comedian, Elusive and the Untouchables. The light theatre was good but we see a lot of light acts these days. Not sure who my fourth would be.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 18, 2012 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I thought Lightwire was fantastic, very charming and engaging. Made me smile. My picks would be the same as Kona's with the comic getting the other slot. The singer didn't cut it for me last night.

And I hate to harp on, put why are they always on about how everyone needs to step it? Howard told Elusive that, but nothing to his golden boy Turf.

I just don't get Wordspit, and I couldn't understand what they were saying most of the time. I'm not sure middle America will fall in love. Although I'm Canadian so what do I know!lol

The escape artist last night was waa waa. We though we had missed something. I gather it was a magic trick that fell flat versus an escape.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 19, 2012 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Hate that Turf goes through and Elusive does not (fickle America). Hope he gets on Wildcard show.
Lightwire
Jacob Williams
The Untouchables
All Wheels group was the judges choice (against the rap/rock singers).

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, July 24, 2012 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
This was the most difficult week. What were the producers thinking? Two gymnastic dancing (sure one was a group, one was an individual).

Tonight we were split.
Both of us: Joe Castillo (sand/light box), William Close (Earth Harp).

I want: All That (Coggers) & Eric Dittleman (mind reader).
He wants: Unity in Motion (gymnastic dance troupe) & The Dog Act.

Will be interesting to see the Wild Card week.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 1:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
I enjoyed most of the performances last night.

My picks to go through are:
The Dog Act
The Sand Artist
The Earth Harp
One of the 2 gymnastic acts. I liked the single performer the most, but I think the group number is the one America will pick.

Denisec1989

06-02-2007

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 2:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denisec1989 a private message Print Post    
Did anyone see that Sharon is quitting? Thought I saw something on TMZ about it yesterday.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 2:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I LOVED the dog act! So very fun to watch.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Addressing her co-judge Howard Stern, Osbourne wrote,"My darling @HowardStern, money is not the reason I'm not returning to @nbcagt, it's because..." and then trailed off.

Read more: http://www.abcactionnews.com/dpp/entertainment/celebrity/is-sharon-osbourne-leaving-americas-got-talent#ixzz21fjOkgnE

The Tweet was in response to one of Howard's, saying he wasn't sure he would do another season, and that Sharon wouldn't come back unless she got more money.

Beverleyc

05-15-2011

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 5:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Beverleyc a private message Print Post    
Aparently no one else noticed it but that single gymnast/dancer girl's outfit was a little too see through under the lights because you could clearly see a dark patch in the nether regions. I hope her costume person picks something less revealing next time.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, July 25, 2012 - 8:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
They were all my choices to do through! I thought the little boy (who was very gracious to William Close when he lost) was not very good, to my ear he sounded off key. I'm glad I don't have to see Horse ever again. And why did Sharon apologize to Ulyses? If they aren't supposed to buzz an act why do they have buzzers? Yes it was his moment, but he was not as enjoyable. I loved the cheese factor of his first two performances as well as the fact that I knew the theme songs. The big stage performance was a more obscure theme song, and old school vegasy imo.

How does the Wild Card work?

Reenie

06-24-2006

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 5:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reenie a private message Print Post    
I was sorry to see the Cloggers not picked. BUT it seems they have a chance with the Wild Card pick. But I have no idea how it works JASPER.

I really like the judges and I think Howard Stern has been great. His opinions are always spot on IMO.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 26, 2012 - 7:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Wild Card show (after the You Tube show):
Each judge picks their favorite acts that didn't get through to the semi's.

Last night American sent through:
The Dogs
William Close
Joe Castillo
and the judges picked Eric Dittleman over All That.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Friday, July 27, 2012 - 3:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently Sharon is(considering)leaving the show.

1jetsfan

07-21-2010

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send 1jetsfan a private message Print Post    
NBC did not treat Sharon's son Jack very nicely, according to recent reports. They are a very loyal family, and if the reports are true, I don't blame her for leaving.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, August 07, 2012 - 2:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
But, if Jack didn't medically qualify due to the physical requirements of the reality show, I'm not sure that NBC is at fault. Supposidly, they offered him other options on the same show, but he declined.

Welcome to the real world. Sometimes, you don't get the job!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
online contestants tonite

Denisec1989

06-02-2007

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 8:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denisec1989 a private message Print Post    
I've been sitting here the whole night thinking what the hell am I watching? lolol Not sure what to say about this show tonight.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 8:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
The last group was good but the others ......... not sure how they got there. lol

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, August 14, 2012 - 9:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Half way in and not one has been good enough to go through. The parrot was good but not really show stuff, the rest have ranged from bad (comedienne) to competent (girl dancers) but nowhere near special enough to go through above the others we've seen.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 2:14 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Girl singer is the best of this show. And Cast in Bronze (the bells).
The rest? Meh! Cannon fodder (easy elimination).

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
But Academy of Villains, that was original & very good.

Pam2uall

10-25-2006

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 2:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Pam2uall a private message Print Post    
Other than the final act, that was, for me, a waste of 2 hours.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 - 6:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
I saw Landau again recently and he and his wife are still the nicest people you ever want to meet.I was watching him give autographs and take photos and he focuses on whomever is speaking with him.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, August 16, 2012 - 10:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
We watched last night on Tivo. Knowing that my son had auditioned via YouTube and seeing the talent they selected we were upset that we couldn't get that part of our lives back . We expected extraordinary talent knowing that my son and his friend didn't receive a callback. They pack out places where we live and just won some local contests which had them performing at all of the big local events in our area and people screamed for more.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, August 21, 2012 - 8:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Good show tonight! (IMO)