TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through July 17, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through July 17, 2012 users admin

Whoami

08-02-2001

Friday, June 29, 2012 - 12:45 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I'm pretty sure I saw the 20-something male rappers who were dissng the granny and grandpa rappers also didn't make it. I'm glad of that. Of course the two older ones were probably "throw away" acts. But they had their area of charm to add to the preliminary shows. For that one guy to say granny was an insult to his craft was arrogant and uncalled for. For one thing, she probably brought extra attention to "his craft." And he obviously wasn't exactly all that himself if he didn't even make the show!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 4:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Let the battle begin!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 4:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
two and a half long hours of it....

Nickovtyme

07-28-2004

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 7:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nickovtyme a private message Print Post    
What was the song and artist that Edon sang? My wife and I couldn't figure it out...and when we Shazamed it on our phones it just brought up a pic of the AGT cast.

Jmm

08-15-2002

Monday, July 02, 2012 - 8:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jmm a private message Print Post    
Nick, Apparently the song was "Titanium" by David Guetta.

Nickovtyme

07-28-2004

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 5:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nickovtyme a private message Print Post    
Awesome...thanks!

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
I thought the dancing around the hats was impressive.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 9:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
I didn't like the rude audience.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 10:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Me neither, particularly with the guy who played the tools. He's played the tools in his audition, he's played the tools in Las Vegas, what did they expect him to do but play tools? If they didn't like it the judges are to blame for choosing him, not him!

I'd be hard pressed to find four to put through. I think Eban (sp?) should definitely go through, then the BMX bikers, guys who painted Mick Jagger, the dance team who do the pyramids, the father-daughter duo, and one other I've forgotten are in a toss-up for the other three places.

Nickovtyme

07-28-2004

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 11:30 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nickovtyme a private message Print Post    
Unfortunately, tool instruments guy was put through for the very reason what happened.

Far more talented people were sent packing just so Howard Stern could poopoo him on the live show.

Happens way too much.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, July 03, 2012 - 3:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
1. Painter
2. Scott Bros
3 & 4 - tough call. I like the ventriloquist, Edon (young singer/pianist), father/daughter singer, and the magician/pianist duo; worried the audience might put Lil Star through. And we're so tired of singers....

I liked 787 at their original audition but last night the staging covered up their mistakes (very distracting). BMX made mistakes also...just not seeing that as a Vegas act (that's how we judge, would we pay $50 to see this in LV). No more singers, please!

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 6:18 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
So, who made it through? Tuesday is NCIS night in our house so I don't watch the results show.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 8:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Scott Bros, Edon (it was judge's choice between Edon and the dog ventriloquist), CMYKs, the father-daughter singing duo.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Wednesday, July 04, 2012 - 9:50 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Thanks Karuna.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 11:43 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I don't get what anyone sees in the father/daughter duo. They keep saying she is a superstar but I don't hear it myself.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 05, 2012 - 12:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Snap Jen, not my favourite either. I would have rather have seen the magicians or the dog ventriloquist go thru. I felt bad for the acts that got booed, I can't imagine the work that goes in to their craft.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 6:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
Comic Tom Cotter. Funny? Huh? All he did was suggest the meaning of U.S. English idioms if they were taken literally. That was nothing.

X

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, July 10, 2012 - 9:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I guess I'm easily amused, I think Tom Cotter is very funny and hope he goes on. All three of his performances have made me lol. I'd like to see the acrobats go on as well they always surprise me.

I'd love to never see Turf or Big Barry again.
I totally agreed with Howard about putting Big Barry thru, but I don't think he should have fought so hard for Turf either. He seems to do the same bit over and over he hasn't stepped it up imo. And the faces he pulls irritate me.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Wednesday, July 11, 2012 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
Love Tom Cotter, would totally pay to see his show. So what if it's idioms we all know, his delivery was funny and it was identifiable information for anyone watching. He's great!

I'm done with Turf too. Loved his backstory but he just does the same thing. Not sure that you can take a single dancer/contortionist and make a full show out of it anyway.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 7:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Very disappointed that Turf went through.
This group of 12 were pretty weak compared to the talent last week.
Not surprised at the other choices (the Joe Cocker sounding singer/piano player, and the Aerialist Duo). We figured Tom Cotter would go through as well (clean humor plays well with the typical American voters).
But not the Archer???? He should have been up there instead of Turf.
We predict he'll be back in the Wildcard show.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 1:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Kona I totally agree about Turf. Why aren't the judges telling him he needs to step it up? They harp at everyone else who doesn't change their routine, but his is the same over and over. Sharon says add some dance, but there really is no dance imo in his routine.

Not surprised about the other three going thru. The young girl who sang, I was surprised she was in the top few. She sounded very shouty to me.

I can not stand these long pregnant pauses from Nick before telling them who went thru. Not nice to have those four standing there and no one goes on (although that is what dh and I assumed). This may be the norm for Nick, this is the first year I have watched and it was dh who wanted to because of Howard (who I think acted like a spoiled brat with Howie, he was right but to go on and on and on)

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 1:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
If you watch during the pause, the camera zooms in on each performer/group so that is the pause time. If you watch the results show on DVR then you can knock it out in 20 minutes with the fast forward button.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 2:05 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
yeah we do record, that pause seems to take forever. They could condense it to half an hour and still get commercials in there as well as a guest. That is one thing the Cdn versions of Idol and SYTYCD always did well, knocking the results shows in half. Not sure what they did with CGT. Dh is not a Martin Short fan so we never watched.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, July 12, 2012 - 2:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Jasper - this is par for the show, always the long pregnant pauses for "dramatic effect".

We did not expect those first two to go through, but when they put four on the stage next, we both agreed all were going home.

We also DVR & Fast Forward.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, July 17, 2012 - 10:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
This week, our favorites:
The Untouchables (latin dance kids)
Elusive (deaf street dancer, he's way better than Turf)
Lightwire Theater (illuminati with dinosaurs & birds)
With our last spot to Jake Wesley Rogers (young singer/piano player) or Jacob Williams (nerdy comedian)