TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through June 29, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through June 29, 2012 users admin

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 5:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Naja how did he do it? Obviously he isn't reading minds. I figured the first pieces of tape he could see through.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 6:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
Ya, I want to know too Naja! I figured he could still see by looking down and had the drawings face up in his hand?

I love Nick Cannon, that guy is so funny.

How is it possible that the Goth guys family didn't know he sang like that? If he sings in his room, wouldn't they hear him?!!

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 7:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I'm sorry, but I have a very hard time thinking the Goth guy's family has never heard him. You can't practice something like that quietly. That said, he had a beautiful voice and what a surprise!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 8:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
You can't practice something like that quietly.

He may have only done it when they weren't at home

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 8:24 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
those light drawers gave me pause. They were dressed like cult members. reminded me of the ones that committed mass suicide in their Nikes-their uniforms were the same.

Kawilke

05-12-2011

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 11:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kawilke a private message Print Post    
Poe, the stuttering vet country singer, is a complete fraud! check the internet for all the stories

Windowbox

05-10-2011

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 11:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Windowbox a private message Print Post    
Google reports the ex-military guy who was injured in Afghanistan who developed a stutter and sang on this week's show is possibly a lie. No records indicate he was ever injured in military combat.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 11:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
Google reports the ex-military guy who was injured in Afghanistan who developed a stutter and sang on this week's show is possibly a lie.

I had my suspicions. Nick kinda of called him out on it in the after interview, but I assumed he was more nervous before his act and that is why he stuttered more. I know stutterers, stutter more when they are nervous.

Denecee

09-05-2002

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 3:10 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Denecee a private message Print Post    
The mind reader guy had me convinced. I was telling a friend about it and they mentioned maybe the coins had a camera attached(wireless). I dunno.

Rieann

08-26-2006

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 3:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rieann a private message Print Post    
I just went and found the You Tube of 6 year old Issac Brian Brown that Happymom mentioned. What a doll!!!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 06, 2012 - 3:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The mind reader guy was great. My only suspicion was that he wanted to hold the paper first. So, something must have happened there. But, it was still cool to watch.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 1:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
I was thinking maybe the mind reader has someone in the audience, in his ear, somehow.

Will be so disappointed if it's proven that the ex-military guy lied. Right now the military is saying they don't have that in their records but the singer is saying that it's common for the military to not have everything in their records. How he thought it wouldn't be brought to light, though, makes me pause and wonder if the military is missing the records or not. He was in Afghanistan for one month so maybe something did happen to him. He was really clear about the hospitals he was treated at so I hope he can present some proof.

Mamabatsy

08-05-2005

Thursday, June 07, 2012 - 3:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mamabatsy a private message Print Post    
I'm watching TMZ live right now and they say they've spoken to the man in the photo and he is angry that the fellow used his picture. TMZ says the whole story is false. Harvey Levin spoke to Howie Mandel and according to Howie, AGT is furious. The fellow made the whole story up.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 11:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently Tim was on 20/20 last night. I only saw the preview thingy. He was bawlin' and I couldn't make out what he said. Did ne1 watch it? tia

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 12:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
It was on Nightline... you can see it here, but you have to scroll down some and watch a commercial first.

http://thisainthell.us/blog/

He doesn't really admit anything. He does have a paper that says he was "injured by blast", but they don't let you read the whole thing, and there are no specifics.

FWIW, I know quite a few speech therapists who will tell you that some kinds of stuttering are minimized or not evident while singing, because you don't have to reach for words you've memorized that way.

Colordeagua

10-24-2003

Saturday, June 09, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Colordeagua a private message Print Post    
There was a short segment on 20/20 about him too. Pretty much same as Nightline.

Older country singer Mel Tillis did stutter / still stutters (?), but never when he sings.

Theme of 20/20 last night was "Big Lies". There was a segment on former gymnast Dominique Moceanu. Wow! I don't see how they themed her story as a lie. No lie about it. HUGE surprise for her. Very interesting. Touching.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 8:05 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Tim Poe is no moe on the show. Horse ftw!

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
I thought they loved the gothic opera guy, was very surprised to see he didn't make it.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 9:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He didn't make it? I know his performance was really rough the other night. That's too bad.

Connies

03-11-2010

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 1:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Connies a private message Print Post    
he was such a surprise and with a little training he could be great. I didn't see his performance the other night but was disappointed for him. Hope he will go forward and not give up.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Wednesday, June 27, 2012 - 2:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
None of the opera type singers were very good the other night. They either forgot the words, sang off key or completely blew it due to nerves.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 8:38 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Really they kept Big Barry and got rid of some of the others? What are they thinking. And the balls guy? Yeah there is a show. And I don't really get why they kept Turf. He is basically a contorsionist imo, I didn't really see any dance there. They kept saying but is it a million $ show? They don't seem to have followed their own advice.

They should just make a $Mil variety show from a dozen of the best acts there.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 9:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
Have you noticed the small print on the million dollar prize??? To be given out over the course of 40 years - that's only $25,000 per year - that is just 2.5% annual interest on a million dollars.

There is a cash out option but I bet it's fairly small.

I see these acts with several people & imagine them splitting up the $25,000. One group had a dozen people & I could just imagine them winning $2000 a year each BUT ... I'm sure most of these people would be here for free - for just the fame & exposure - I'm sure that is priceless.

I was just so disappointed since they go on & on about "but is this a million dollar act??"

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Thursday, June 28, 2012 - 10:43 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
They always have some throwaway acts that are easy elimination during the NY rounds.

There is the million $ prize, but the big money is in the performance contracts and they get paid for the Vegas show.

Previous winners get on the state fair circuit, or get their own shows (cough, Terry Fator, easily the most successful winner so far). Michael Grimes did a record but is back at Green Valley Ranch doing a show at Ovation on Saturday nights (he was doing a lounge act at Hanks Martini Bar a year before AGT). Recycle Percussion has a show at the Tropicana. Hmm, AGT really should focus more on variety and less on singers. Cause it seems the variety acts do better from the AGT exposure.

Willwillbee

09-20-2001

Friday, June 29, 2012 - 12:45 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willwillbee a private message Print Post    
I agree Konamouse, there is already enough shows for singers & dancers - I wish AGT only had variety acts.