TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 19, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Animals: My Cat From Hell: Archive through March 19, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, March 17, 2012 - 10:39 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I love this show.. watched both seasons and today went to a seminar with Jackson Galaxy, the guy who works with problem cats. He says they are shooting a new season.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 12:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Never heard of it, Sea. What network carries it and when?

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
I believe Animal Planet. I wish hed address other kitty problems besides aggression. Like eliminating outside the box,scratching furniture,jumping on counters etc.

Bombaycat

07-21-2007

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 6:49 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bombaycat a private message Print Post    
I love this show. Jackson is to cats what Ceasar Milan is to dogs. Most problems are the fault of the humans. I remember the episode where they were upset because the cat was peeing in the bathroom sink. Turned out they were only cleaning the litter box every two weeks. Duh! They finally agreed to clean it once a week which I thought was ridiculous too. If I forget to clean my cat's litter every other day she walks over stands in front of it then gives me "the look" as if to say get up off your butt and clean my potty. lol

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 9:06 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
I am going to have to watch this. I have found thru the years that a dog thinks you can see thru the walls whereas a cat knows dang well you can't so as soon as you leave the room he's gonna do what he wants!

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I guess I over reacted, when I cat sat my Mom's cat, I used to clean it twice a day. Guess that was overkill. on a positive note, it never smelled.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 2:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
I don't think twice a day is overkill at all. We clean ours twice a day minimum. It's a small house and two cats. I know that means we should have 2 or 3 boxes, but we just don't have room. If we started having a problem though, I'd just put extra boxes in the hall. Cat pee problems are really hard to live with. I'll do whatever I can to prevent it from starting because once it starts, I'm worried it will always continue.

I like Jackson a lot. It's so funny to see him look like he looks (kinda rough and tough) and then to see him tear up or even cry. What a softie!

Sea, I'd love to hear more about the seminar.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 2:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I clean my solo cat's box twice a day. I did it when I had 2moro cats too. I figures I wouldn't want a messy toilet.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 3:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, I clean mine every morning, part of the wake up routine. If I forget, I feel like a really bad mommy. But they (2 cats) do have an extra box that I don't clean as often and sometimes they seem to prefer it, LOL, cats.

I have enjoyed this show the times that I catch it.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 4:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I scoop twice a day at least but the litter box is in my bedroom for now. I also use a larger box..

Jackson believes in no dry food, all meat (raw, I gather) diet for cats and no free feeding. He uses very small treats only for training, encouraging good behavior, discouraging biting or clawing where you don't want clawing but then you need to have an alternate scratching object nearby. He points out that the most scratched objects are beds and couches but that is because the cat wants to put scent where your scent is to establish that he owns you.

I'll get around to deciphering my notes (I had no paper so used a note function on a document on the kindle fire so there are some typos or sometimes it is hard to figure out what I meant.

Mame, it is a great show if you can get animal planet. There aren't that many episodes in the two aired seasons, though each episode covers two problem cats.

He toured our cat areas.. here he is in Kitty Klubhouse with the unimpressed Devore.. a rather obses tabby cat who loves her free feeding.. actually I think she is bored. I got her to move fairly fast with the laser pointer later on..

oops.. way too big.. they were so much smaller on our facebook

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 4:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 4:26 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Hmm well she is checking him out but several of the pics show her just lying there. She is definitely the greeter cat in that room and she really likes people but not so much other cats.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 5:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I've seen this show and like it. On a slightly different note, has anyone seen "Too Cute" on APL? It comes with a disclaimer that the show "may be too cute for some viewers."

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 9:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I absolutely love "Too Cute"!

Juju2bigdog

10-27-2000

Sunday, March 18, 2012 - 9:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Juju2bigdog a private message Print Post    
When we passed through CA on this trip back from Texas, we visited with the people we cat sit for, and they played a couple episodes of My Cat From Hell for us.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 6:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
Wished Id have seen the episode with the cat peeing in the sink. I have 4 cats,4 litter boxes and completely change them every other day and on occasion maybe 2 days.When yall say "clean" does that just mean scoop or completely change it? I feel like a bad mommy here.

Lexie_girl

07-30-2004

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 6:59 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lexie_girl a private message Print Post    
I have only one cat so I'm a scooper. I love the way Tidy Cat clumps.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 8:44 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
Lakecat, are your cats peeing elsewhere or spraying?

One of the things he talks about is territorialness causing cats to pee elsewhere. So your litter boxes should be far apart, not covered, and have an 'easy escape route' or the cats may not use them.

Also, if you don't completely destroy the old pee smell, they will pee in the same place again.

Lakecat

10-01-2006

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 9:46 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lakecat a private message Print Post    
The cat in quetion is the old sick one. She is definitely The Alpha of the house. She usually pees in her box but always deficates right outside her box. The other day I caught her peeing in the sink for the first time. All litter boxes are right next to each other.One time I caught her marking the bath tub and one time she backed up and marked me! Just like a male cat does. The litter boxes do not seem too dirty to me but I do note they tend to use one more than the others.I'll try the feliway collar and clean the box EVERY day.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 10:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
He really stressed that all the litter boxes should not be next to each other FWIW. Don't know if that will help in your situation.

He has his own website of holistic products - for cleaning and for calming, if you search on My Cat From Hell, and go to his website (not the animal planet one).

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 10:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Thanks Sea. Looking forward to hearing the rest :-). Jackson looks thinner in your pic than he appears on tv.

When I said clean my litter box, I meant scoop it. (the solid stuff, we don't use clumpable) We use Feline Pine (pellets turn to dust), so, it's very easy to tell when it has to get changed out.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 11:00 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.jacksongalaxy.com

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 11:10 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
http://www.straycatalliance.org.

Please sign the petition to keep they Hayden law in California (anyone can sign)

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 5:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
We love this show - Colossus has already used some tips to train our big boys AWAY from sleeping on the bed with us (seriously, a big man, an average sized female and two 18 lb cats is too much for one queen sized bed). Handsome took to it right away - Colossus placed a cat bed on the floor beside his side of the bed, worked with Handsome to realize it was for him, and voila. No more Handsome sleeping between our legs and pouncing our junk in the middle of the night. Max seems to have decided that Eightball's bed on my side is for him. Poor Eightball, he just lives for snuggles. He will wait and wait and wait by the side of the bed for you to go to sleep so he can quietly jump on the bed and snuggle up. I wake up sometimes and realize he's there, but I don't have the heart to move him off of the bed if Handsome doesn't realize he's up there.

Bluejaxrock

04-23-2004

Monday, March 19, 2012 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bluejaxrock a private message Print Post    
I'm kinda scared to admit, amongst all of the cat fans here, that I'm not a cat person. (Was attacked by a siamese when I was 4.) But I love this show! I'm starting to think maybe my problem isn't with the cats, it's with their owners.
Jackson is definitely unique. Would be a blast to hang out with!