TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through May 15, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Talent/Variety Shows: America's Got Talent: ARCHIVES: Archive through May 15, 2012 users admin

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 7:15 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I don't think there is anything about him I enjoy or even appreciate.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Wednesday, April 25, 2012 - 9:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Me either LOL

Alwayzmovin

11-06-2003

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 3:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Alwayzmovin a private message Print Post    
I'm with you, Frogichik.Bobba Booey!

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 4:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
At least there are 2 of us Alwayz lol. The biggest change for Howard has been Beth. He is so much calmer and more content. I really think that relationship has changed him for the better!

I miss Artie, but I saw pictures recently and he is still a mess :-(

Isn't it weird hearing what people think of him and we listeners think the exact opposite. I hear the things people say here and I am like that is SO not who he is. Howard seems to be polarizing. It's either love him or hate him and no in between.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 5:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
I was ready to delete this show from my DVR series set up (where it's been on my list since the first season) after finding out he will be on the show. But I was concerned I might miss a really good act, and wouldn't have anything to refer to if I saw a discussion here. I'm always particularly interested to see if an act with drum corps roots performs. And I seem to recall reading about one that would be auditioning this year.

So, I've just downgraded the show's status. If it clashes with anything in it's time slot, it gets lowest priority. I also changed the "save until" from "I delete" (which I have most of my programs set to) to "space is needed." That's as low as you can go in my household without getting deleted all together.

ETA: Yup, here it is: The Edge to audition for America's Got Talent.

So hopefully those who still watch it will discuss it enough for me to see if they do appear! :-)

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 8:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
Since Stern is a fan of the show, I am sure he will be a good judge.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
huh.

Who, you can just record and then FF or if someone mentions a good act, check that out. If you go on Twitter during east coast showings of many shows, several sites will tweet with links and give play by play spoiling which can give you a clue, even before it starts for you. A drum corps based groupd could be good.

Whoami

08-02-2001

Thursday, April 26, 2012 - 11:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Whoami a private message Print Post    
That's what I plan to do Sea, just FF, or check if someone mentions a good act. But I'm still keeping the show on low priority.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 6:08 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I might take a look out of curiosity but I doubt that I'll keep watching. I've never watched this show before so they won't be losing a viewer in that sense.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 6:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Also, wouldn't individual acts be put up on YouTube?

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 11:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Probably but they might have commercials.. with my DVR I can control when I watch, what I watch and how fast I zoom through.

I have watched in the past but not consistently, meaning I don't panic if I miss a show and have kind of abandonned during at least one season, but I have watched and gotten behind some of the contestants.

Just seems like so many shows are moving more and more to the place where the celebrity judges are the biggest feature, sucking up so much money.. I can avoid the shows of people I dislike but when they invade perfectly good shows as judges or hosts who make it all about them, I'm not a happy camper.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Friday, April 27, 2012 - 3:51 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
Iluminate was on Ellen today. They did a routine and gave Ellen an Iluminated jacket. They will be at two of the Six Flags parks (Atlanta and one in Texas?) this summer.

Naja

06-28-2003

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I thought opening night was pretty entertaining. There weren't really any acts that caught my fancy, but I really think it was more of a show to introduce Howard, and that tomorrow will be better when it comes to the acts.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, May 14, 2012 - 10:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
The harp was neat. That father and 7 y/o have apparently done a commercial together. I think they're going to end up telling Shaniece to go solo.

Frogichik

06-11-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 3:19 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Frogichik a private message Print Post    
The harp thing was AMAZING! By far my favorite.

For my first time watching the show I thought it was great.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 6:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
That guy with the cross bow was a hoot. Good aim, but the leather pants and the posing--too much!

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 9:21 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Missed it. Where can this Canadian find it online? (hulu doesn't work for us)

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 9:34 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
Just wanted to add, that while I think Stern is the scum of the earth on his own show(s), I'm curious to see if he tones it down on this one. And Yeah, I'm STILL p'od they hired him for this.

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I've never watched it before but I was curious so I skipped through the first part of it. Stern seemed pretty harmless on this show anyway. The harp was amazing. Very cool. The whole thing is kind of a mishmash (not surprisingly). I'm not sure where you can see it in Canada. If it's on a Canadian station they might have it on their website?

Nala63

09-20-2005

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 1:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nala63 a private message Print Post    
stern may be harmless on this show but with most kids having internet access and can google him, i dont want my grands to even hear his name. i loved this show but now is on my do not watch list.

Mameblanche

08-24-2002

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 1:36 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mameblanche a private message Print Post    
I found it on citytv.com :-)

Jasper

09-14-2000

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 3:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
I've never watched AGT, didn't realize it was on for 7 seasons. My husband is a fan of Howard 75% of the time so he wanted to watch. We both liked it and will tune in tonight. I found him innocuous on the show. I don't have an appreciation for him, but I don't care for Howie Mandel either. But on the show didn't mind either of them. It is funny that Howard (as he said) is the only American judge.

I don't know why they put thru some of these folks. I'm not sure I'd want to watch any of them with the exception of the harp again.

Naja

06-28-2003

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
I usually lose interest about the time Big Brother starts.

Konamouse

07-15-2001

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 5:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Konamouse a private message Print Post    
Howard seemed to be taking his job seriously. There were some acts I imagined Pier's response (i.e. the ventrilogist act with the dog - which we found funny).

They always take some weird act through so it's an easier decision in the early rounds of audience voting. Novelty acts. Some just get the free ticket to Vegas cause they entertained the theater audience.

Jorge & Alexa Narvaez were adorable. You can tell when a child has a natural talent and joy in performing. She's fearless around a crowd. And they are no strangers to it - a search online finds their website and links to their videos (and an appearence on Ellen).

Wowprincess

09-04-2006

Tuesday, May 15, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Wowprincess a private message Print Post    
I agree - all the build up, and shocker, Howard was perfectly fine! I actually enjoyed him, and wasn't at all surprised how he behaved on this show. He's smart enough to know the difference between a Prime Time family show and a Satellite free for all radio show!

The Harp was by far the coolest thing of the night!

I personally prefer the variety acts on this show (NOT the weird skin piercing people - yuck) but the magicians, odd musicians, dance troupes, misc acts, etc. There are plenty of other singing competitions and I just get tired of it!