TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 21, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Fashion Design/Modeling/Pageant Shows: America's Next Top Model - Cycle 16: Archive through March 21, 2012 users admin

Catfat

02-27-2002

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 12:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Catfat a private message Print Post    
Can coloured contacts shield the eyes from too much sunlight?

Rvon

12-11-2003

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 6:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rvon a private message Print Post    
Thanks Rslover, but I could not see anything on this link.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 7:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
No, contacts do not shield any light at all because they are too close to the eyes.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, December 12, 2011 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I thought that she had some sort of a condition, which is why her eyes were big and round. They also made them sensitive to the light.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 8:03 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
I was reading AOL news this morning and Janice Dickenson is speaking out about the show. She stated that it was actually Cover Girl that selects the winner and not the judging panel. Wonder if that is still true or if it was just during her four or five years on the show. If I can snag the URL, I will post it so that you can all read the entire article.

Roteach

06-01-2003

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 8:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Roteach a private message Print Post    
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/12/12/janice-dickinson-tyra-banks-americas-next-top-model_n_1143640.html

This is the link to the article on Janice Dickenson discusing ANTM. Just checked and the link worked.

Allietex

08-16-2002

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 - 5:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
And really why should we believe anything Janice Dickinson says about it? Remember, she came back as a guest judge a couple of years ago, so her indignation at this stage seems a little fishy to me. She might be right or she might just be trying to get a little air time.

If I remember right, Tyra also said that Angelea was disqualified because of information that Angelea herself revealed to the judges. Did I imagine that?

I agree with those that said that Allison would have been a better choice than Lisa, but I don't think Lisa is a complete bust. She has an outgoing personality and she photographs beautifully. I think part of the reason so many of us prefer Allison may be more about the nice personality than it is the actual modeling ability.

Nan

09-25-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 9:32 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Nan a private message Print Post    
Allietex...I think you are pretty much right on about the personality issue between Allison and Lisa. I do think I get kind of side tracked by the personalities...but then again, I think inner beauty comes out too. Lisa did model well, and in the end I guess they thought she was the best model, so eventually it makes sense that she won.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Wednesday, December 14, 2011 - 1:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
It's not much, but here's a new statement from Angelea's representative, who seems to be saying they don't know exactly why she was disqualified, which I find hard to believe:

'ANTM' contestant Angelea Preston's rep discusses show disqualification

Wetpaint talked to Jeff Cohen, the President of Model Management Group in New York, who represents Angelea Preston. They share that though a freelance talent management group had announced that Preston would be doing a press conference, her new team at Model Management Group never authorized it. As for rumors that Angelea Preston originally won ANTM but leaked the info on her Facebook page, Cohen says that is absolutely false.

When asked specifically about that rumor, Cohen says, “She would never... She’s a smart person. She would never post anything that would disqualify. That was her second season, she knew way better than that.” He adds, “We just somehow have to get her able to talk to an attorney who can advise her on her rights, as soon as possible.” He adds that they don’t want people to think Angelea did anything improper, and they don’t know what the infraction was that led to the disqualification.

snip>

They aren’t sure what the next step is for Angelea Preston, though figuring out what went wrong is clearly a high priority. He says, “Again, as to when whatever happened happened, we have to find out, whether or not it was something [the CW] knew from the start.” He says they are gathering information and reviewing the rules. Cohen says that when she can, Angelea Preston will make a statement about the situation.

<snip>

http://www.examiner.com/pop-culture-in-scottsdale/antm-contestant-angelea-preston-s-rep-discusses-show-disqualification

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, December 15, 2011 - 6:21 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
hmmmm if angelea doesnt know what went wrong, i will continue to suggest she said something mouthy to the wrong person.

all it would take is the suggestion she 'uttered a threat' or some other subjective interpretation and they might have blown it out of proportion and eliminated her "for behaviour'.

Jasper

09-14-2000

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 3:52 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jasper a private message Print Post    
Not sure when or where this is airing in the US, but the new season began on the weekend on Much in Canada. It's call ANTM British Invasion. Half of the contestants are from BNTM.

Carlpsmom

01-03-2004

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Carlpsmom a private message Print Post    
Like we didn't know an American would be sent home. lol

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Thursday, March 08, 2012 - 10:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
in some ways, i am enjoying this new format.

however, the constant antagonistic banter between the USA and UK girls is getting old.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 11:55 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
Yes but did you notice when the USA girl got kicked off that the UK girls were hugging her and trying to console her. That banter is just for the camera!!

Sammi

03-31-2008

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 6:39 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sammi a private message Print Post    
Last night one of the UK girls walked off and quite frankly I don't blame her. There was some woman there the whole shoot they were doing and she was very rude to all these girls especially the one that left. Then at panel she started in on her again and the girl just couldn't take it and walked off. I think she was the prettiest one of the bunch too. I am not particularly liking this season. Tyra is just so full of herself now, much more so then when she first started this fiasco.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 8:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
The women was a publicist, but I don't know her name. I think the girl figured out that this was not just a modeling reality show. It was Tyra's world and you have to perform in it no matter what comes at you.

Cablejockey

12-27-2001

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 9:29 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cablejockey a private message Print Post    
I've seen Kelly Catrone on other shows ans she is aself made woman and very successfull in the fashion world. Also very blunt and suffers no fools. Even so, I found her behaviour rude and cutting to Loise. Unfortunately Louise took it too personally and ran off. I dont think she would have lasted too long in the cut throat world of modeling if she is so easily hurt by others. Too bad she ran away before finding out she has the best picture!!

Allietex

08-16-2002

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
She did not have the best picture. She was fourth or fifth. But it meant she would have advanced to next week. She had my favorite look and I think se could have gone a long way.

But she had an attitude problem. In her private camera time she came across as arrogant, she acted like shhhe felt she had nothing to learn from the show. She seemed to think she was going to breeze through, showing everyone how it should be done. She was the only one who threw a fit about the makeover. She revealed she was clueless about how to act on set and got upset ehen she got corrected.

Aurora

11-24-2006

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 5:55 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Aurora a private message Print Post    
Louise already has a modeling career in the UK and came on ANTM to get noticed in the US. I too thought the Catrone woman was rude. And when Tyra said Louise shouldn't be rude and should remember there's a pecking order in fashion? Catrone is a publicist and the publicist works for the model, not the other way around. That's the pecking order, not the other way around.

Keldogg

08-12-2005

Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Keldogg a private message Print Post    
Actually, a publicist usually works for the company that has a product that it wants to get put out in the public eye...they put together the package (including the models)...so in this case, Kelly Catrone would be the boss, and Louise would be the employee.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 12:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
Completely on Louise's side here. I think that woman knew Louise's history of success in UK and knew she was a threat to the Americans.

Louise rocked that photoshoot and we've seen MANY models running between shoots/ hair and makeup thru the seasons. its common. However, that katrona woman wanted an excuse to verbally attack and reprimand Louise...so she rubbed it in her face.

I completely understand her attitude. I'm not good with rude people either, i also detest certain personality types which try to lord it over others under the guise of being 'helpful'. that woman's snarky comment was a personal attack and of course Louise took it as it was dished out. we heard earlier in the show that Katona thought she had a bad attitude....I saw a reserved standoffish attitude. That is a lot different then BAD.

on the other hand, the USA girls completely missed their target PUNK. nothing was punk, not any poses NOTHING. the clothes definitely werent... so basically, the usa failed miserably yet were congratulated on it.

Hmmmmm fix in??

Allietex

08-16-2002

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 4:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Allietex a private message Print Post    
I think what annoyed Catrone was that Louise ran right through the shoot itself, right in front of the photographer, not just through the area. That is just not done.

I also thought the lady was rude, but we have seen many times someone, the photographer, Mr. J, Tyra herself, or others be very harsh with a model on the set. They are trying to make it as real life as possible. I have often thought they were unfair to the girls, but they are expected to accept the criticism and move on.

I wonder if she would have acted like that if it had been a real shoot where her job was on the line. Or would she just have bitten her lip and shrugged it off.

And we have seen those same people bring it up at panel. That is what panel is, to discuss what they did well and where they messed up. A confrontation on the set is something that would have to be addressed. She should have expected it. The girls may cry, but they seldom storm off and just lose it like she did. She needs to toughen up.

Supergranny

02-03-2005

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 5:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Supergranny a private message Print Post    
She was out and out homesick. She didn't just say I want to leave...she kept saying I want to go home.

Sunshyne4u

06-16-2003

Friday, March 16, 2012 - 9:44 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sunshyne4u a private message Print Post    
the time change and the lack of family support, it must have been tough.

some people, like myself, also HATE living in a girl's only bickering house. I would be planning my escape after that ridiculous overreaction to the Chucking paper wads in USA bedroom

Trini

07-06-2004

Wednesday, March 21, 2012 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Trini a private message Print Post    
has this started yet?