TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 26, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Cooking Shows: Worst Cooks in America: Archive through March 26, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Saturday, February 25, 2012 - 12:42 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Rerun on now. Had to comment on what's her mame who was on TAR who didn't know where Lebanon is and wanted to use her "intellectual brain." Um versus what other kind of brain? Her stoopid one?

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, February 26, 2012 - 7:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Looking forward to this tonight to relax me after TAR!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Whenever I watch this show I swear they are all actors.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 6:19 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Although I can TOTALLY understand why you would think that - I don't think the Food Network could put its credibility on the line like that

Costacat

07-15-2000

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 - 7:58 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Um, the Food Network has credibility? I'm not so sure about that!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, March 04, 2012 - 2:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I will be dashing home as fast as ever I can to catch this tonight after I work a Disney show at TPAC! I can catch TAR tomorrow at the library, but I wasn't sure about this one -

Redpen

07-24-2003

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 9:15 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I think the FN doesn't have a lot of credibility anymore. It's a game show network now. If you want to learn about cooking, more is going on at the Cooking Channel. Myself, I watch all the competition shows.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 9:38 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
I guess FN is "formula, formula, formula" when it should be "recipe, recipe, recipe". Occasionally (seldom) I find something helpful or of interest. It gets boring really fast. Unfortunately, the competition shows are the only thing that come close to fun on this Network.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 1:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I like the way Bobby Flay looks so astonished and then cracks up at the ineptitude of some of his team at times...it shows he's really having fun. I guess he's just used to dealing with people who can boil water without burning it!

I miss Erica....she was in her own little world, but she was so funny in the way she interpreted her instructions....I cracked up after seeing her using kitchen scissors to "chop" up her bell peppers.

Auntiemike

09-17-2001

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 1:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Auntiemike a private message Print Post    
Was Erica the one with the glasses and the quirky sense of humor? I kind of liked her too.

I'm glad the Asian gal went home last night. Couldn't stand her childish voice and her total ineptitude in the kitchen. Yikes!

Rslover

11-19-2002

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 1:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Rslover a private message Print Post    
Me too. I can't imagine how hard it would be to try to teach someone how to cook who doesn't like seasonings/spices. Bobby always looked like he was one step away from strangling Sarina. Tiffany seems to be getting worse.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, March 05, 2012 - 3:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Both Sarina and Bennett were high on my list of "most annoying ever" and I'm glad both of them exited last night.

I'm so not a fan of Tiffany's. I get the impression that she's managed to get ahead in life by using her looks, and that doesn't really impress me. I think that works well if you've got something to back that up. But anyone use uses the term "intellectual brain" and then puts veggies in a pot to boil yet doesn't turn on the heat... Um, yeah, not so much. (Plus, again with the reality retreads! Different station, same retread thing.)

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 6:50 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
I know this is the third season of the show and I also know that Ann Burrell has been on it every season, although the male chef has been different each year.

Question: If Bobby Flay's team wins this year, does that mean Flay will return next year and they will find a new female opponent? Or is Ann Burrell the official host of the show every season whether she wins or not?

So far, she has won the first two seasons. She is introduced in the opening credits as a "two time champion".

Costacat

07-15-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 8:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I think it's just coincidence that there have been two different male chef-teachers.

Who got kicked off tonight?

Reader234

08-13-2000

Sunday, March 11, 2012 - 11:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
SanFran, are you asking us to read someone's mind? (smile) and ::shrug::

who knows how they figure things out! I do like Chef Anne, and quite honestly, I am surprised she has "won" both seasons so far - I can't imagine why Bobby Flay agreed to do the show - it seems like Robert Irvine and Anne do have a good chemistry - they were on Chopped, and just seem to have a nice friendly rivalry - or friendship.. imo of course

For Bobby's team the Stay at home Dad was eliminated, per his request - I suspect it wasn't Bobby's idea to put him on the chopping block because Bobby picked 3 as the bottom and as Bobby was asking why they should stay Benjamin said he wanted to go home. He said his son had autism, and he couldn't stay away any longer - he then grabbed the marshmallows and left...

Tony from Chef Anne's team left...

I dont understand their first challenge - they had to figure out what the chef made and then make it as a team - each plating their own plates (cooking their own meats) on Bobby's team he picked Melissa as the winner (and yes if looks could kill Tiffinay gave her share of the evil eye to Melissa!)

Then Chef Ann said they all worked so well as a team, they all got the 'win'...

so what's the point - does it give safety in the elimination? does it give any kind of prize? what was the point?

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 10:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
A little clarification, it was not the one whose son has autism that took the marshmallows, it was Tony.

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 12:35 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Feel asleep! When will there re reruns?

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Monday, March 12, 2012 - 11:07 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"SanFran, are you asking us to read someone's mind?"

No, I just thought someone else might've heard something that I missed.

I had just realized that the only chef that has remained constant is the only chef whose team has won every season so far....so I thought it might be a competition for the chefs, as well as the aspiring cooks, and that the winning chef gets to come back the following season.

Karuuna
Board Administrator

08-30-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 9:13 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Karuuna a private message Print Post    
I thought Robert Irvine did the first two seasons?

I like Bobby Flay better, he is funnier and obviously enjoying the experience more.

Sanfranjoshfan

09-17-2000

Tuesday, March 13, 2012 - 11:53 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sanfranjoshfan a private message Print Post    
"The show premiered on January 3, 2010. The show was initially host by Anne Burrell and Beau MacMillan in Season 1. In subsequent seasons, MacMillian was replaced by Robert Irvine and Bobby Flay. Burrell has been the winning instructor in seasons 1 and 2."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Worst_Cooks_in_America

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 7:33 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
I might be home tonight in time to catch the end of this! Tomorrow is a long session of CBS watching at the library!

Tntitanfan

08-03-2001

Sunday, March 25, 2012 - 8:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Tntitanfan a private message Print Post    
Oh, double drat! No one here to tell me the outcome!

Never mind, "Mary Poppins" was splendiferous! Special effects left "Wicked" sitting in their dust!

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 7:16 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Vinnie is the finalist on the blue team, Kelli is the finalist on the red team.

The two remaining folks on each team had to compete in a skill drill (make a healthy lunch for 30 elementary school kids). David's chicken was dry but Kelli's cauliflower was too salty. Kelli won. Vinnie's time management sucked and he ran out of carrots, but no one liked Melissa's quesadilla so he won.

The elimination competition was to cook a meal for their loved ones. They got to see their loved ones (spouses/fiancees for all except for Vinnie's oldest son). Then they were judged without knowing who's dishes they were tasting. Oddly enough, every loved one loved the dish that he/she prepared (Kelli's hubby loved her seafood dish, David's wife loved his pork chops, Vinnie's son loved his steak, Melissa's fiancee loved her pork loin).

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 7:25 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
P.S. There's something not right about David and his wife. They both claimed she was vegan (she says it was because of his cooking). But if she WAS vegan, there is no way should would have been able to eat both pork AND seafood (and pork chops stuff with pancetta to boot) and not get violently ill afterwards. So I'm calling bull on that.

Happymom

01-20-2003

Monday, March 26, 2012 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Happymom a private message Print Post    
Two of my kids were vegan for awhile. One went back to eating meat with no problem at all. (The other went back to being a vegetarian.) She had been vegan for 9 mos. or maybe a bit longer. It started with a hot dog. (which I would have thought would have made her feel sick, but it didn't)

Anyway, we don't know how much David's wife ate. We don't know how long she was a vegan or even how long it's been since she ate meat. Maybe she did feel sick after.

I thought it was odd that a vegan would agree to eat meat. But that was probably the only way she could be on the show/see her husband. And by the look of their greeting for each other, they really missed each other! :-)