TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through March 14, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Dance Shows: Dance Moms: Archive through March 14, 2012 users admin

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Friday, January 27, 2012 - 11:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
A lot of women who were once dancers continue to teach long after they are able to do the big tricks any more. There are some very elderly ballet grande dames that teach ballet classes. I think they usually have a senior dancer or aid that demonstrates. We never actually see Abby Lee doing any choreography, what we see her doing is cleaning the dances.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 6:27 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
These people are nutz. Those poor kids. I can't believe their mothers allow them to be treated the way Abby treats them. And good for Brooke - RRUUNNNN BROOKE!!!! \I hope she doesn't come back, but somehow I'm suspecting she will.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Tuesday, January 31, 2012 - 6:54 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I wouldn't want to get on the wrong side of Abby I have a friend who daughter does dancing since she was little and she is sixteen, I tease her mother about being a stage mother, and she said there are alot of them there.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 11:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
It is great that Brooke is doing what she wants but she is part of a team that depends on her and I think maybe her mother should remind her of that. If my kids start something they have to finish it before they decide to start something new.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 3:56 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Bama, I totally agree with that. But under the circumstances with Abby treating her like shit nonstop - I would walk away like Brooke did. I think Brooke's mother is the one to blame - she's the one who put Brooke and her younger daughter constantly in Abby's range of fire. She's the one who should have insisted that, if Brooke absolutely was not going to see through to the end of her responsibility, that she should go to Abby and tell her. She just sat out in the waiting room and never said anything to Abby herself until Abby realized Brooke wasn't there.

Abby and Brooke's mother are the adults in the room, and neither of them act like it. No wonder Brooke wanted the hell out. Then Brooke's mother is aware that Abby is taking it out on Brooke's little sister and does nothing about it. SMH.

Bama_karen

12-01-2010

Thursday, February 02, 2012 - 10:58 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bama_karen a private message Print Post    
I totally agree.

I also think all the mothers are to blame here. And my daughter pointed out all they do is complain. These mothers are NEVER happy about anything. The children are more adult then the adults. If they would just leave them alone, the kids seem very happy competing with each other and there doesn't seem to be hard feelings. They seem happy when any one of them win.

Jenjackso

02-10-2009

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 11:14 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jenjackso a private message Print Post    
When I take my daughter to dance, I sit out in the lobby and read on my Kindle. I sat in the viewing room a couple of times, at the beginning, but I couldn't stand the "why is she on the competition team, she is only taking one class this year?" "Well my daughter is in 9 classes and costumes are over $600." "There are kids that were in this same level last year that should be sent back a level."

I love our studio because the teachers don't tolerate this and only some of the moms are this way but I'm not a stage mom. I do go into the viewing room in the last 10 minutes of each class to see what the choreography was so that I can help my daughter when she's practicing at home.

The irony, the moms aren't sure who I go with (my daughter is not in the competition group) so I get to hear what they say about my daughter when I go in for the last 10 minutes and they always are saying how good she is and they are wondering why she isn't on the competition team. You don't have to be a stage mom to foster a talented dancer and you certainly don't need an instructor like Abby.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 2:04 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I too think this has to be staged / scripted for all the reasons listed. So if you look at it this way, its way easier to handle! She makes one girl do her routine before she goes on then she screams at another if you do the routine, its too late, stop doing the routine!! roflol

Supposedly they are going to be on The View because Elisabeth wants a smack down. The View is doing a Reality Recap with Elisabeth and Sherry.... and it came up.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 3:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I don't think Abby is bad with the girls 100% of the time. They've shown a couple of scenes where the girls seem to like her. Anyway, my 5th grade teacher was far worse than Abby. She wouldn't be allowed to teach that way today.

Sheilaree

07-19-2002

Friday, February 03, 2012 - 7:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sheilaree a private message Print Post    
I agree with Jen, my friend is the same way, we text each other while she is waiting for her daughter and her daughter is 16 teaches a class the littles ones and is in competition teams, the dance costumes are very costly too. She doesn't tell her husband that one but I think knows.

Dawn

07-24-2009

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 12:11 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
i cringe every time the moms start in on eachother while the girls are also in the room.

also thought the pyramid was a little harsh to that one girl. i kinda laughed to spite her mom...and i could see it coming a mile away.... but ouch for that girl.

Dawn

07-24-2009

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 12:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
oh! and it was also touching to see abby start to cry after makenzie's performance. it shows she actually does have a heart ;)

Watching2

07-07-2001

Wednesday, February 08, 2012 - 7:32 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Watching2 a private message Print Post    
She is a very bitter woman for some reason. Maybe she never was good enough to get the top of the paramid? I find it really hard to watch this show. The girls are so young and I can't stand hearing them get screamed at like that.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Thursday, February 09, 2012 - 6:02 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
The drama has been stepped up a lot this year, it just doesn't ring true to me...

I love Christi, but she seems too quick to anger this year. She was over the top at the get together at Kelly's house.

If Jill isn't scripted and she really is that pompous and manipulative, then I can understand the reactions to her. A mother like that in a group is poison.

Christi is Alpha female, Kelly is a follower, Holly is reasonable and Melissa is pasive-agressive.. Sounds like this group has been together for a long while, Jill needs to sit back and find her niche and she's going about it the wrong way...

Marameko

07-14-2002

Monday, February 13, 2012 - 9:12 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Surely the negative way that Abby interacts with the Moms and the girls is just not normal. And how long is a dance season? It seems that there are trips every weekend at the expense of other family members , errands and life in general.And who dosen't like to lay in the family room on a Saturday and just watch tv or take a nap ??? And how in the world do these kids have the energy to complete school assignments of just be kids ?

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Wednesday, February 15, 2012 - 6:01 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
I agree Marameko.. it's not particularly realistic. The dance season is generally the same as the school year, Sept through June, and some students then enroll in summer workshops, conventions, boot camps or intensives, but those are separate from the studios with different content and instructors.
I have no idea how these people pay for all the costumes, entry fees, solo choreography and travel expenses.. I have noticed that Christi's younger child is never around anymore.. I suspect that they couldn't possibly be putting in the hours that they make it look like they are putting in.

I've seen that there is a Dance Mom's 2 series starting after this one ends, it's apparently set in Starz dance studio in Miami.

Marameko

07-14-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 5:17 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Marameko a private message Print Post    
Thanks Kelli..........
I live close to Pittsburgh so I like the nice shots of the area.

Kellirippa

07-10-2002

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 9:01 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kellirippa a private message Print Post    
How on earth could Abby Lee get away with having parents sign a contract saying that if you are part of a National title winning group and your dancer quits during the course of the year that the parent owes $100,000 within 7 days?? How could that possibly hold up in court..... and why wasn't that brought up at all when Brooke quit to be a cheerleader?

Dawn

07-24-2009

Thursday, February 16, 2012 - 11:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
i missed the last episode so i'll hae to catch up.

there's no way that contract would hold up in court. for one, they're paying abbie. abbie isn't paying them. i'm sure abbie doensn't spend 100k of her own money for one competition. she probably charges each kid for entry fees.

Cricket

08-05-2002

Sunday, February 19, 2012 - 7:52 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Cricket a private message Print Post    
Abby's maturity level is the same as her dancers. She acts like a 12-year-old the way she talks about and disparages the dancers in front of each other. She has never grown up.

I agree she has to be the boss where dance is concerned, but there is no way these Moms should let her act like a schoolyard bully towards their daughters.

Spinner

10-27-2003

Monday, February 27, 2012 - 11:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Spinner a private message Print Post    
Abby Lee was the guest on the Rosie O'Donnell show today. In that environment she seemed more warm and personable than I think she comes across on her show, even though Rosie took her pretty much to task for fighting with the moms in front of the girls. Abby Lee talked about dancers now working professionally that she trained and it was impressive to hear that the most anyone pays for lessons with her is less than $300 a month (I forget exactly how much) and that's for 16 hours of instruction a week. A very fair price; as Rosie pointed out, you can't get a sitter for that much per hour.

There was more; I'm sure the show is available online and/or will be repeated. Abby Lee also has a new show spinning off this one (which I guess continues as well) called My Kid Can Dance; she wouldn't say much about it. And, one interesting thing--usually the moms of her students don't hang around the studio; she only expects that of very young kindergarten students. It's a requirement of the show that those moms are there and when one isn't, for whatever reason, they are in violation of their agreement with the producers.

Interesting show, I thought.

Redpen

07-24-2003

Friday, March 02, 2012 - 6:03 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Redpen a private message Print Post    
I saw the Rosie show too. Cathy was on the last segment. Cathy finally admitted that she had never taken the bee costume to Goodwill. And it looked like she and Abby don't hate each other as much as they act on the show.

Dawn

07-24-2009

Wednesday, March 07, 2012 - 1:24 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dawn a private message Print Post    
i was mortified for those girls having to wear nothing but shiny underwear and nude bras.
not surprised they didn't place, you could tell their dance was sort of a hot mess and out of sync on a few occasions.

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Friday, March 09, 2012 - 1:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
I was watching this the other night (with the child nudity/sex dance business) when Colossus came downstairs, took one look at the television screen and said "Oh, is this that Bad Mommy show?" I LOLed for real. Abby is crazy, and the mothers are the worst. Thankfully the judges at that contest didn't reward Abby for her unbelievable lack of judgment and decorum.

Lottaluv

10-16-2004

Wednesday, March 14, 2012 - 8:41 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Lottaluv a private message Print Post    
I saw last night that they are going to have Dance Moms Miami. Can't wait!