TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
My Cat From Hell

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Other Reality Shows: Animals: My Cat From Hell users admin

http://www.jacksongalaxy.com

Thread Last Poster Posts Pages Last Post
Archive through March 19, 2012Bluejaxrock25 03-19-12  6:50 pm
Archive through July 02, 2012Seamonkey25 07-02-12  8:48 am
Archive through March 07, 2013Seamonkey25 03-07-13  8:08 pm
Archive through June 05, 2013Angelicfairies225 06-05-13  6:26 am
Archive through March 23, 2014Seamonkey25 03-23-14  7:31 pm
Archive through April 18, 2015Dipo25 04-18-15  6:06 pm
  ClosedClosed: New threads not accepted on this page        

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, April 18, 2015 - 7:22 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I saw part of one about the little dwarf cat? Jackson seemed to not know too much about this breed. Which seems strange (that he wouldn't know).

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 11:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I think there are so many breeds now, maybe he just does not feel like he knows enough.
I still don't know why I have to catch every show of this, I don't like cats, I will never own a cat, and cats really really don't like me. Well, except when I slept at my sisters and her 6 casts, I would fall asleep and wake up with cats all over me. Yet if I tried to pet them they would just tear me apart. I am a confirmed dog person who is fascinated by cats.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 12:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Jackson came from the world of shelters and you don't work with as many purebreds there and those who come into a shelter often are adopted quickly or go to a specific rescue, unless they are old and/or sick.

But he probably hadn't worked with a munchkin or whatever they are called.

I think he was mostly expressing being repelled that people will decide to breed for a trait that isn't really good for the animal they are breeding. In this case, breed for a cat that cannot move like a CAT.

Kind of like the women in China who had their feet bound so they could only hobble.. but at least that wasn't passed down genetically..

Or the flat faced breeds of cats and dogs who may seem cute to some but for the love of god, they cannot breathe well.

Yes it was a cute cat but still kind of sad.

If Jackson came from the world of catshows and purebred cats, he'd know more and he may know ABOUT them but just hasn't run into them. Still I say his expression was more the one he gets when someone describes something that he just cannot believe they are saying.. like the guy who said he could pick up the white cat by the tail and it would purr.. I am sure Jackson wanted to ask who on earth he would do that and point out that maybe that attitude had enabled the one daughter to be SO rough with the cats. Sheesh.

============

I am liking Jackson's new beard trim this season and he's branching out in clothing, too.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 6:57 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
OMG, I can't believe how those parents let their kids abuse their cats!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 19, 2015 - 7:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Cleary these children have no discipline, unbelievable. I know some parents think it is cute but it is ill-mannered, I hate seeing children allowed to act this way.

Sadiesmom

03-13-2002

Monday, April 20, 2015 - 8:48 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Sadiesmom a private message Print Post    
I thought abusing animals as a child leads to a lack of empathy in adults, It always is shown as a symptom of a sick mind in TV shows.
Yes, you should love your children more than your pets, but you should not allow your kids to become monsters.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, May 30, 2015 - 9:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Calvin the cat is scary!!! I cannot imagine putting up with it for 12 years and not doing something.. Owner more dysfunctional than cat in this case.

Willsfan

09-04-2000

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 1:37 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Willsfan a private message Print Post    
I saw that too Seamonkey.
No way would I have endured 12 years of sleeping with a cat that might attack me while I was asleep. I would have spoken with a vet in order to get some kind of animal trainer/behaviorist to help me.
I think she said she had rejected the idea of meds long before contacting Jackson. Sometimes low dosage meds make both the pet and owner happier. Not all pet meds make them sleep a lot or seem like a zombie.

I am glad Jackson could help her, but I wonder if in some cases the owner lets things go back to the way they were.
(kind of off-topic but sometimes Jackson's facial expressions crack me up.)

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 31, 2015 - 7:47 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
yeah, I wonder, too. I kept kittens out of the bedroom to keep them from pouncing on me in play.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Sunday, April 10, 2016 - 8:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
I caught some of the new shows this weekend and they have a new format. I really enjoyed them and Jackson has cleaned up his beard quite a bit.

Reader234

08-13-2000

Monday, April 11, 2016 - 10:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Reader234 a private message Print Post    
I saw them too! I was surprised they showed the medical team treating Jackson for the cat bite, and saying he had to go to the hospital. I'm glad they did, it reinforces how bad it was, and for people to take it serious. However, I don't know if those owners "got it". Their cat was a beautiful grey, their daughter hasn't begun to walk yet. But the mom just wanted to take the cat for a walk, and they didn't catify that house, moving things off an existing shelf in the dd room I didn't think Jackson would accept that!

There was just so much wrong. She had film of going to the vet (I wonder if that was a reenactment once producers found out the vet did not exam the cat because the cat didn't come out of the crate).

At least Jackson said the cat was on medication, and Jackson did a good job explaining and demonstrating why meds could help this cat). But again, looking at the mom I don't hold much hope for that cat!

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, April 16, 2016 - 7:49 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
I almost forgot this was back on. Love it!

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 9:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
Wow, the shelter make over was fabulous!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 11, 2016 - 11:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
It was pretty amazing but um.. also amazing that they just let random cats out together all at once. I'd bet they actually tested them together off camera.

I know we find that with each cat added to our group room, dynamics switch and we have to watch to make sure no one is bullying too much.

But sitting in a room with a group of cats is something I love to do and I do that as often as possible at our shelter.

Envious of the quiet closing cage doors! We have the loud slide closing and we do have each cage padlocked. People actually do try to steal animals from shelters.

I wondered about moving the bars, if other stores in that area had them, but the storefront looked great!

And I did like the cats finding happy place in the open room. Love that they get their cats from high kill shelters. Good job!

Kate did a great job!! I know she was really excited for it to air as she mentioned it in one of her daily blog emails.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, May 06, 2017 - 7:13 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
New episodes the past couple of weeks. Glad to see it. Seems like they have had a couple of cats on with mental health issues. Glad they can help.

I had a stray cat many, many years ago that we thought had mental problems. Mostly because she had kittens and just abandoned them. She didn't even cut the cord from them from the afterbirth. We know that's not normal.

Surprised they have talked about it as much as they have.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Sunday, May 07, 2017 - 9:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Oh, I was thinking. If they can't even pick up these cats, how are they giving them meds? They need to show them actually giving them the medicine. That would help. I have a hard time giving meds, and my cats are normal.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 4:28 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Another new episode tonight, after there not being one last week. Same thing for the Vet Life, too.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 7:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
These shows make me so emotional.

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Saturday, June 03, 2017 - 9:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
They took 50 Kittens from LA to Boulder, CO, where Jackson got started in cats.

Heckagirl631

09-08-2010

Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 8:31 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Heckagirl631 a private message Print Post    
Looks like Jackson Galaxy has a new show, Cat Vs. Dog.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 8:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
It started a few weeks ago. I love it. But I have to say I absolutely didn't like a few of the owners at all.

Dipo

04-23-2002

Saturday, December 02, 2017 - 9:23 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Dipo a private message Print Post    
LOL, aren't the owners always the problem anyway.

Naja

06-28-2003

Saturday, September 01, 2018 - 12:20 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 9 starts tonight with 2 new eps in a row.

Mizinvanccouver

02-21-2003

Saturday, February 23, 2019 - 12:41 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Mizinvanccouver a private message Print Post    
I just discovered this show! I love it and truly gives me more insight to my cat.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 01, 2019 - 7:46 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Season 11 started tonight and I missed it! I see it's on again in the morning. It's been so long since the last new ep. Almost a year.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, September 01, 2019 - 8:08 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Bad information ^^^^. I am so sorry. I can't find season 11 in my listings at all.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Register Now
Password:
Options: Automatically activate URLs in message
Action: