TVCH FORUMS HOME . JOIN . RESIZER . DONATE . CONTACT . CHAT  
                  Quick Links   TOPICS . TREE-VIEW . SEARCH . HELP! . NEWS . PROFILE
Archive through February 07, 2012

Reality TVClubHouse Discussions: Vocal Talent Shows: The Voice - Season 2: General Discussions on the New Season: Archive through February 07, 2012 users admin

Costacat

07-15-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 6:07 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Slightly expanded format this year! Yay! More of the audition rounds, more and different mentors, more of the challenge rounds (where the "judges" eliminate from their own team). I can't wait for this Sunday after the Super Bowl!!! I really liked the dynamic these four had, and I can't wait to see them again!

And from what I've heard, there isn't a Javier Colon this time, so no foregone conclusion as to who will win. (That may have been why I wasn't such a huge fan of his last season. I thought he was a good singer but didn't really want him to take it all.)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 7:42 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I was pleasantly surprised by how much I enjoyed this show. The premise seemed so wacky (big chairs turning) that I almost didn't bother watching at all. Anyway, it was great fun last season so it will be interesting to see if they can do it again.

I will say though that I haven't heard a lot about any of the finalists since the show ended.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 1:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
At least they haven't butchered the anthem(that we know of).

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Wednesday, February 01, 2012 - 2:00 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
Love this show!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 6:16 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
Okay, the Voice commercial during the super bowl with Betty White.... really fun!

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 9:29 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Anyone know when it started? It was billed for 7.30pm, but I've just started watching my recording and it was already started. So annoyed as I've been waiting all day for it!

Jewels

09-22-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 9:30 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jewels a private message Print Post    
It was probably around 7:20, Kitt.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 9:33 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
Yeah, it was annoying that it started early. Good thing I taped the super bowl stuff. I'm at about the fifth singer, and that first one was the best so far. But you missed him if you didn't record the super bowl, too.

Kitt

09-06-2000

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 9:59 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kitt a private message Print Post    
Yes, it's not as bad as I thought - thought it was half through! Thanks.

Nobody really blew me away, so hopefully I can catch that first singer on hulu tomorrow.

Naja

06-28-2003

Sunday, February 05, 2012 - 10:12 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Naja a private message Print Post    
When the opera guy smiles hard, he looks like a skinny Ben Stiller. I liked him just from that :-)

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 12:22 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
I was quite annoyed.. how often does footbaLL run late so you have to record shows after the show you want to watch that follows football.. so this apparently started early.

But I enjoyed The Voice.. In many ways I enjoy it more than AI or X Factor.

On our local news they interviewed Xenia (that is how she spells it now) and she is still in school, or home schooled, has a contract and a band and is recording and she sounded good.

And I look forward to the four of them singing together tomorrow. I like that so much better than when various judges on other shows get up to self promote.

Hopefully in time they will show the first singer in a recap..

Goddessatlaw

07-19-2002

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 4:54 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Goddessatlaw a private message Print Post    
Seamonkey, the first singer was a 17 year old country singer with a cartoonish vibrato and a huge cabbage flower in her hair. My Mom and I didn't care for her, but she got Shelton as her sponsor.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 6:40 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
I absolutely love this show more than AI (which I'm no longer watching) or X Factor (which I may watch now that they got rid of Nicole).

I'd set the show to start recording 10 minutes late, once I realized how close the Super Bowl show would end to 7pm. And I also set it to record 2 hours over, for "just in case." LOL!

The first singer started out with a quiet voice and then grew it into a big voice. I didn't catch "cartoonish" at all.

I'm only up to the opera dude, but so far I've liked the rocker chick best. Wasn't really a huge fan of the sob story guy who had all four turn their chairs around. (Please, not again! Stop with the sob stories! Just let us hear them sing!)

Jimmer

08-30-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 7:04 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Jimmer a private message Print Post    
I like this show a lot. I find the judges project a level of sincerity and interest that was seriously lacking from X-Factor which is amazing considering that The Voice judges are such huge personalities as well. I hated the way the X-Factor judges would rip apart each other's contestants. The Voice is so much more enjoyable to watch.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 9:11 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
I love this show!

Seamonkey

09-07-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 9:35 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Seamonkey a private message Print Post    
Another thing I like is that the singers get to choose from the mentors who turn around and even feel like they are competing for them.. that has to feel good and at least they don't later feel like a mentor was imposed on them who might not actually like them.

I know there are frustrations to come but last night just felt so fresh after watching Nicole, L A and Paula and then more recently watching AI be so much about the judges and Steven leering at the girls and making comments, or J Lo "feeling it mama". Not that the other shows are all bad, but this just felt a little bit less staged.

Ketchuplover

08-30-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 11:51 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Ketchuplover a private message Print Post    
Apparently Jamar Ro(d)gers will be on a future episode.

Scooterrific

07-08-2005

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 12:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Scooterrific a private message Print Post    
The first singer's name was RaeLynn :-) My daughter was all smiles.

ETA she said I bet she doesn't spell it the same (before they showed it) and she was right! LOL

Gumby

08-14-2004

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 12:48 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Gumby a private message Print Post    
Is anyone else getting an error message when they click on The Voice link under featured topics?

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 1:06 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yup. They just don't have it linked correctly.

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 1:34 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
I just enjoyed the whole thing. Tonight is 2 more hours and I will watch all of them.

Costacat

07-15-2000

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 3:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Costacat a private message Print Post    
Yup. Bachelor is going by the wayside, cuz this is WAY more enjoyable!

Bonzacat

07-08-2003

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 5:25 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Bonzacat a private message Print Post    
If anyone watched the T.V. show Rockstar and remembers Jordis Unga, she will also be on. I loved her, cannot wait. I don't have a link but this morning, mjsbigblog.com had a post about those that were "invited" to be on The Voice. Jamar, Jordis and the great singer that was on MMC with Christina were all mentioned.

Landileigh

07-28-2002

Monday, February 06, 2012 - 6:53 pm   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Landileigh a private message Print Post    
i loved Jordis! she had such a memorable voice. i hope that Adam gets her!

Kookliebird

08-04-2005

Tuesday, February 07, 2012 - 9:20 am   Edit Post Move Post Delete Post View Post Send Kookliebird a private message Print Post    
It seems that this year, the mentors are picking people a bit outside their realm. Stretching their skill across musical genres ....

Love watching Adam and Blake interact when competing for a singer. Christina tries hard to 'playfully' interact, but sometimes she just misses the mark. Ceelo.... is just Ceelo.